battery drain on iPhone 6S Plus
2642 19 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi everybody,

The Dji Go App is draining the battery of my IPhone really extreme. When I start with a fully charged telephone I can barely fly through my three batteries of the Spark. Sometimes I cannot even complete the flight with the third battery because my telephone is dying. This cannot be normal. My telephone is an IPhone 6S Plus with IOS 11.2. The battery is not new but in everyday life I have not dicovered yet a significant loss of battery capacity. The DJI Go App is the version 4.1.18. The Spark has the latest software. Dont know at the moment the number. I have already reinstalled twice the App. Bluetooth is always disabled when I'm flying.

Is there a solutution how I can stop this exesive battery consumption? Thank you for your support.

Greetings, Bastian
2017-12-10
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a look in settings on phone to see if it is just DJI APP using it up ..as I have same phone and have no problems with excessive batt use , it does use more than normal but nothing abnormal ..cheers
2017-12-10
Use props
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thank you for that advice. Next time I fly I will check the battery usage before and after flying. However I'm almost sure that it is really the Go App that is draining since it happens always when I'm flying and never in other situations.

Bastian
2017-12-10
Use props
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

Oh, I forgot to mention. I'm flying the spark with the remote control, not only with the phone alone.
2017-12-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

If the weather is cold it tends to drain the battery more.
2017-12-10
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

In iphone settings, battery, in the bottom, it makes a sorted list of energy hawks.
My iphone also dives pretty fast when flying. Maybe screen capturing or not makes a difference.

2017-12-10
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I found my iPhone 6s+ battery drains really quick , but then its over 2 years old and the battery life is simply terrible on this model of phone.
Its marginally better on low power mode if you have tried that.
2017-12-10
Use props
bdullea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88786 ft
United States

Apple is having battery drain issue with there latest iOS builds and I know 6 plus is one of the devices that was mentioned, so dji go app does drain battery but might also be related to the latest iOS builds as well. Apple is planning to release another update within the next week
2017-12-10
Use props
lomo2017
lvl.4

United States

Adjusting the brightness of your screen will help conserve your phone battery.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Montgomery Burn Posted at 2017-12-10 14:37
Thank you for that advice. Next time I fly I will check the battery usage before and after flying. However I'm almost sure that it is really the Go App that is draining since it happens always when I'm flying and never in other situations.

Bastian

Hi, sir. Did you try to reinstall the app? Please check the difference between battery cell in Aircraft battery, it should not be over 0.1. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-10
Use props
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-10 23:49
Hi, sir. Did you try to reinstall the app? Please check the difference between battery cell in Aircraft battery, it should not be over 0.1. Thanks for your support.

Yes, I have reinstalled the app twice already.
No, I did not pay attention to the voltage in the battery of the aircraft. I will check it next time im flying. Can this really have an effect on the performance of the go app?
2017-12-11
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

If you're not using an OTG cable (which seems to be how DJI wants you to operate), could you plug in a battery bank to your phone to keep it charged?
2017-12-11
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

I've started flying with a power bank connected to my phone now, especially due to the previous mentioned ios updates. Using a nearly 2 year old iPhone 6s
2017-12-11
Use props
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thank you for all the advices. I will try them out.

Bastian
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Montgomery Burn Posted at 2017-12-11 01:52
Yes, I have reinstalled the app twice already.
No, I did not pay attention to the voltage in the battery of the aircraft. I will check it next time im flying. Can this really have an effect on the performance of the go app?

It is abnormal when the difference between battery cell is over 0.1, we would recommend users to fully charge the battery and see if the cell can recover.
2017-12-13
Use props
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-13 03:14
It is abnormal when the difference between battery cell is over 0.1, we would recommend users to fully charge the battery and see if the cell can recover.

Just to make sure. I have a problem with the battery on my phone draining very fast when using the Go App. The batteries of my Spark are working fine.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Montgomery Burn Posted at 2017-12-13 13:07
Just to make sure. I have a problem with the battery on my phone draining very fast when using the Go App. The batteries of my Spark are working fine.

Did you open many app in the background? What is the model of your IPhone? Thanks for your update.
2017-12-14
Use props
Montgomery Burn
lvl.1
Switzerland

usually i close all other apps before flying. I'm using an iPhone 6S plus
2017-12-14
Use props
petercod
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Montgomery Burn Posted at 2017-12-14 17:18
usually i close all other apps before flying. I'm using an iPhone 6S plus

Same experience here. Fly with 3 batteries and 6s plus is almost drained. One time I had the phone shut down completely (no 20% or 10% warnings) during the first battery flight, and had to fly back without the phone screen. This was on WiFi. I used to use OTG cable and found that the 6s plus would lose very little charge during those flights.
2017-12-15
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

IOS 11.2.1 is now out ...it might sort battery probs out ?
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules