1.0.9 Hardware requirements
1740 5 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ajgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

I've just moved to the 1.2.1.0 firmware without a problem but then found the new Android app will not work. The tablet had updated to 1.0.9 and this was not compatible with my Lenovo Tab S8, Android 4.4.2.

DJI support tell me the hardware requirements are stricter with 1.0.9. Version 1.0.7 on my phone still works so I'll try and download a copy for the tablet.
2015-4-15
Use props
risto.o.leskine
New

Finland

These requirements seem to be MUCH stricter that before:  I just bought asus note pad 7 for this pupose and 1.0.7 was running OK on it but 1.0.9 crashes every time I try to launch it.  I have archos tablet with android 4.4.2 and PA 1.0.7 is running on it but Google Play store says that (the latest versions of PA?) not compatible with the app....  So what are the compatible devices???

BR
Risto
2015-4-15
Use props
ajgraham
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475289 ft
Netherlands

The reply I got from DJI was the list of supported Android devices. ie:

"Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung S5, Note 3, Sony Xperia Z3, Google Nexus 7 II, Google Nexus 9, Mi 3, Nubia Z7 mini."
2015-4-15
Use props
markjacobs.talk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

So - we can't use our Nvidia Shields now, great! - It's happening on mine running Lollipop v5.0.1
2015-4-16
Use props
sprintrider
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1093222 ft
United Kingdom

The 1.0.10 Android version of the app definitely does not run correctly on 2 of the tablets I have - an Ainol AX Numy Note and a Telcast TPad P80. These are 'cheapo' Chinese tablets with octo-core processors - my thinking being that it'd better to have a dedicated tablet with nothing running in the background robbing processing cycles than a general-purpose one use for other-than-Inspire things. These work fine on the DJI Pilot app 1.0.3, but 1.0.10 does not display camera output, just giving a black screen. I have updated my Inspire, Remote and Batteries to the latest firmware, and have just finished a full-battery-to-empty hover in the back garden, deliberately tripping the low battery warning and 'landing now' functions, which all worked. Video was solid throughout an it seems that Android app 1.0.3 does work with hardware updated to the latest firmware release. I did ask DJI online help, twice, specifically if it was OK to fly with 1.0.3 app and latest firmware update on the hardware, but all they said is 'there is no video feed problem' and 'update everything' then rudely closed the conversation. I do realise I'm using tablets not on their compatability list, but looking at other forums, plenty of people using listed kit are also having various problems with 1.0.10. Oddly, 1.0.10 installed onto my OnePlus One works just fine - but the screen is really too small.
2015-4-17
Use props
glasbreekt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136644 ft

Netherlands

ajgraham@waitro Posted at 2015-4-16 15:39
The reply I got from DJI was the list of supported Android devices. ie:

"Requires Android 4.1.2 or  ...

sounds forumiair my smartphone is also 4.1.2 but the camera screen stays black other pages from the main like the store director and user center opens all but on the camera button it crashes.
2015-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules