Camera Tilt
539 5 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylark157
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

During a recent flight of my Phantom 3  my camera tilted and I got an error message that stated the gimbal was overloaded.  I saw a solution to this issue, to manually adjust the ring inside the gimbal housing so the camera would sit perfectly horizontal. I did this and everything worked fine for that that flight but when I got home and had the drone on the table to wipe it down, I noticed the camera started tilt again.  I double checked, nothing was touching is and nothing was stopping it from turning.  I manually adjusted the gimbal ring again, and it worked fine until the next time I went to fly the drone again when the camera started to tilt.  I don’t know why the camera keeps tilting as nothing it touching it and nothing is stopping it from turning freely.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem might be? Manually adjusting the gimbal ring is not that difficult but I shouldn’t need to go this every time.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

David

2017-12-10
Use props
fansd90d25f9
New

United States

I had same problem I powered down and restarted and that worked
2017-12-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Do you have any filter on the front of the lens?
2017-12-10
Use props
Skylark157
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-10 19:57
Do you have any filter on the front of the lens?

Thanks for the reply.  Nothing at all. Since this started to happen I have been paying to attention to make sure nothing interferes with its free movement.  
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello David, has the drone been involved in crash or hard landing before? If not, I'd suggest to try Gimbal Calibration to see whether it helps.
2017-12-11
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

You posibly need the beta firmware update
2017-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules