Flyaway resulting in a lost drone
1579 13 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans084770ba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86270 ft
United States

I had a phantom 4 pro but unfortunately have not been able to recover it due to a fly away. The RTH feature did not work. I cannot sync my flight records to DJI. The sync keeps giving me a fail message. Not having any luck downloading the records and video from my tablet to my pc to send. The drone malfunctioned on December 1. I have all the flight records but the one from December 1. I do however have  some video and pics prior to the malfunction. Curious to see if anyone else has experienced this and has DJI given any sort of reimbursement? I purchased the drone in the summer and haven't had it 6 months.
Thanks
2017-12-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Without some evidence, DJI aren't going to do anything.
There are several possible causes for Phantoms not returning and most of them are not what could be called a "flyaway".

If you can find the flight data, we may be able to help you understand what caused your incident.
If you can, here's how...
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sir, the flight records can be also exported manually, you can refer the below to export and upload to Dropbox, then share us the link. Also, please kindly offer your case number here, I'd like to check the exact status and keep follow up for you.

For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and copy the required flight records to the computer.
For iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer. 
2017-12-11
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

sad to hear that .. I hope you find it soon
2017-12-11
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I know this is a silly question but did you actually go looking for it using find my drone ?
2017-12-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 01:02
Hi Sir, the flight records can be also exported manually, you can refer the below to export and upload to Dropbox, then share us the link. Also, please kindly offer your case number here, I'd like to check the exact status and keep follow up for you.

For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records stored in …\DJI\dji.pilot\FlightRecord\, and copy the required flight records to the computer.

For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records
Since he's lost his Phantom, that's going to be pretty difficult.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Labroides Posted at 2017-12-11 03:03
For Android devices, connect the device to the computer, find the flight records
Since he's lost his Phantom, that's going to be pretty difficult.

Labroides, the device I mentioned here is the mobile device. I know it might be not easy to analyze the exact reason just from the flight record, but we'll try our best to figure it out.
2017-12-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 03:41
Labroides, the device I mentioned here is the mobile device. I know it might be not easy to analyze the exact reason just from the flight record, but we'll try our best to figure it out.

Sorry ... my mistake.
I saw you mention Dropbox and without reading further, assumed you were talking about the Phantom's internal data recorder since it's a big file.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans084770ba
lvl.1
United States

I sent the flight records to DJI this evening. I did search for it using find my drone. Unfortunately it was in a heavily wooded area. Multiple searches with no luck.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans084770ba
lvl.1
United States

To DJI Susan. The case number is Cas-1267034-T9F4P8. Where in California is DJI based? Thanks
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans084770ba Posted at 2017-12-11 18:55
To DJI Susan. The case number is Cas-1267034-T9F4P8. Where in California is DJI based? Thanks

Hi sir, thank you for your feedback. Besides, if it is convenient, please kindly refer to DJI Susan's way to export the data so we can analyze it. For the service center, you can visit here for more information. Thank you.
2017-12-11
Use props
fans084770ba
lvl.1
United States

To DJI Susan. Can you please check my case? I've sent the flight records in about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks
2018-1-3
Use props
fans084770ba
lvl.1
United States

Can anyone from DJI assist? My Phantom 4 pro malfunctioned on December 1,2017. I sent in the requested flight records and have not heard a word.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans084770ba Posted at 2018-1-9 18:32
Can anyone from DJI assist? My Phantom 4 pro malfunctioned on December 1,2017. I sent in the requested flight records and have not heard a word.

We are sorry to know that you didn't get the data analysis result yet, I have escalated the case to appropriate team to look into, we will have someone to contact you about the status soon, please wait patiently, we apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules