Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What the HELL happened!?
1603 22 2017-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11004 ft
United States

Went out for a flight today and everything went wrong, big time.
First the app crashed over and over, but  I was able to restart it and it went straight into camera mode. No affect on the P3s so I took pics and a little video and brought back for a landing.  
It came in on auto and was too close to a tree so I cancel RTH and moved it further away.  Put it in auto land mode and it began to descend when I got the low battery warning. I decided to bring it down a little faster and pushed down on the throttle a little.  When it got to about a 100 feet the motors quit and it feel.  Bet I dont need to explain what happened next.  It will be a long time before I fly again.

Tried to post earlier, but the app kept crashing.  I ended up deleting it and reloading it. Seems fine now, but I can’t be sure because I don’t have a working P3s to fly.
2017-12-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Unfortunate indeed, but why did you delay to the point your power was so low...was it cold out.
2017-12-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sir, I'm sorry to read your post. Just to verify, has the drone been retrieved? If yes, I'd suggest to send it in if it is still in the warranty period. You can contact the Support from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2017-12-11
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

This may not help but can you upload the flight log for us to look at there may be something in there that may give a clue to your problems
2017-12-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-12-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds maybe like you didn't have a fully charged battery, or it was a full flight and tried to stretch it a little too long. Seems to happen often.
2017-12-11
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-11 07:13
Sounds maybe like you didn't have a fully charged battery, or it was a full flight and tried to stretch it a little too long. Seems to happen often.

Yes....i have to fully agree about having a lots of fun on a nice day and THEN  "trying to  s t r e a c h  The last flights times...When that battery is very low......I have caught my self several times when i get the visual and audio warning too....And  I always bring it back Before  the worse issue can happen...sure we like to get a little more  stick time....But after the low battery warnings   Bring it back before YOU GET THEM  !
2017-12-11
Use props
FlyingAround
lvl.1

Italy

Sorry to hear that happen - I also try to land it as soon as I start getting the first low battery warning. At the very end, it's still a lithium battery that ages over time and it can suffer from low temperatures. Was it cold outside? How much battery did you still have?
2017-12-11
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-10 21:39
Unfortunate indeed, but why did you delay to the point your power was so low...was it cold out.

I had it set for a warning at 25%, but it does take what seems like forever to defend on its own.
2017-12-11
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-11 00:56
Hi Sir, I'm sorry to read your post. Just to verify, has the drone been retrieved? If yes, I'd suggest to send it in if it is still in the warranty period. You can contact the Support from here: https://www.dji.com/support

I have the drone, but it is out of the warranty period.
2017-12-11
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-11 02:10
This may not help but can you upload the flight log for us to look at there may be something in there that may give a clue to your problems

I’m not sure that will be possibly. It is destroyed; even the battery was misshapen from the crash.  But I will try.
2017-12-11
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-11 07:13

My first warning is at 25%.  Should have had enough time to land easily.
2017-12-11
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-12-11 09:21
Yes....i have to fully agree about having a lots of fun on a nice day and THEN  "trying to  s t r e a c h  The last flights times...When that battery is very low......I have caught my self several times when i get the visual and audio warning too....And  I always bring it back Before  the worse issue can happen...sure we like to get a little more  stick time....But after the low battery warnings   Bring it back before YOU GET THEM  !

It was my first low battery warning at 25%, and I was landing.
2017-12-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-12-11 10:08
My first warning is at 25%.  Should have had enough time to land easily.

Was it 100% when you took off?  
2017-12-11
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

FlyingAround Posted at 2017-12-11 09:58
Sorry to hear that happen - I also try to land it as soon as I start getting the first low battery warning. At the very end, it's still a lithium battery that ages over time and it can suffer from low temperatures. Was it cold outside? How much battery did you still have?

The temp was around 60+ with 25% at the warning.
2017-12-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-12-11 10:07
I’m not sure that will be possibly. It is destroyed; even the battery was misshapen from the crash.  But I will try.

You don't need the drone to post flight record.  It's on your device.
2017-12-11
Use props
Zippo43
lvl.3
Flight distance : 387126 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-11 10:27
You don't need the drone to post flight record.  It's on your device.

Just gottah ask....was it a "Genuine Dji Intelligent Battery".....or a aftermarket repo ?  i hated to read of your loss too.
   Maybe i missed it....But i seen no charge times and discharged times...in your very 1st post...i seen no battery volts during flight times either or even battery volts during a mock up when you check all the systems out........Then shut down and get out and goooo to the area you fly at .

I always do a nice Pre Flight at home before i go out to fly and even check the SAMSUNGS Battery capacity percentage !..."Pre flights"... make "Real Flights" safer and More Fun too !

The "flight Record" thats saved to your device as *Alabama* said should show what we need to know to See "Whats failed"  battery wise or some other thing  !
2017-12-11
Use props
DronerX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 488192 ft
United States

What version of the app were you using?  iOS?  I've been flying with my Phantom 3 SE on the various versions of the DJI GO app for over a year.  Zero issues with the app.  Today I upgraded to 3.1.23.  Took off and the app crashed right after takeoff.  Luckily I was only at about 15m and straight up.  I had to restart the app twice just to get to land.  DO NOT UPDATE to the version!
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Grumpysrb Posted at 2017-12-11 10:05
I have the drone, but it is out of the warranty period.

Thanks for clarification. I'm afraid that data analysis will not be provided when the warranty expired. I'd suggest to send it in for repair.
2017-12-12
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

DronerX Posted at 2017-12-11 13:22
What version of the app were you using?  iOS?  I've been flying with my Phantom 3 SE on the various versions of the DJI GO app for over a year.  Zero issues with the app.  Today I upgraded to 3.1.23.  Took off and the app crashed right after takeoff.  Luckily I was only at about 15m and straight up.  I had to restart the app twice just to get to land.  DO NOT UPDATE to the version!

I am using the latest version.  Because it crashed several times, No flight record was saved.  I believe the problem is/ was the battery failed.
2017-12-13
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

Zippo43 Posted at 2017-12-11 12:56
Just gottah ask....was it a "Genuine Dji Intelligent Battery".....or a aftermarket repo ?  i hated to read of your loss too.
   Maybe i missed it....But i seen no charge times and discharged times...in your very 1st post...i seen no battery volts during flight times either or even battery volts during a mock up when you check all the systems out........Then shut down and get out and goooo to the area you fly at .

I’m not sure.  I have four. One came with the drone, three came with another phantom. All 4 look the same except for the writing on them. Two have Chinese(?) and two do not.  I think though it may have been battery failure.
2017-12-13
Use props
Grumpysrb
lvl.3
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-11 10:27
You don't need the drone to post flight record.  It's on your device.

There is no flight data, I think because the app crashed?
2017-12-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about this mishap.

As already suggested, Please upload the flight LOG, so we can have a look...
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

RedHotPoker
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules