938 5 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Ultra that was purchased last week. When i turned it on it said there was a firmware update. I installed and. it rebooted. It seems to work and doesnt freeze when not connected to the controllers. When I connect thru the USB C HS Port, and use the controller/Drone it starts somtimes ok than screen freezes. I have to shut down controller and hold the CrystalSky power button to restart.I tried with P4/ CrystalSky, Inspire2. Same freezes when controller is on. If i plug into the Mini USB and use instead of USB C HS port it dosent freeze or lock. All firmware updates on P-4, Inspire2. I tried system reset many times with no controller connected. I tried 2 differant CrystalSky mounting brackets and I tried with the Cendence Controller which has its own built in bracket. frustrating to say the least! Anyone please! Input or ideas would be welcome! I think a hardware issue with CrystalSky thru the USB C HS port.  Please advise.
2017-12-11
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does the DJO Go4 freeze at exactly the same point each time ?

When you mention "reset" is that the backup and reset from the CS settings menu that  erases all data on the CS ?

Have you tried the USB-C port with a normal usb to usb-c cable to isolate that it's not the mounts that is causing problems, have you screwed the metal plate mounting plate in too tight ?
2017-12-11
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Same issue with mine. DJI says they fixed this problem with the most recent CS firmware update but it does not appear to be true.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121447-1-1.html
2017-12-11
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2017-12-11 14:37
Same issue with mine. DJI says they fixed this problem with the most recent CS firmware update but it does not appear to be true.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121447-1-1.html

Ya I saw all the posts trying to figure it out. If I use the USB mini it doesn't freeze. Soon as I use the USB C with the bracket it freezes. Mine is going back. I am trying a new one in a couple of days. Will let you know what happens
2017-12-11
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-11 13:17
Does the DJO Go4 freeze at exactly the same point each time ?

When you mention "reset" is that the backup and reset from the CS settings menu that  erases all data on the CS ?

It doesn't freeze at the same time. Reset meaning factory restore. I have not tried the usb-c to usb cable, but tried 2 different mounts. also Cendance controller, so thats 3 different mounts. The screws for the mounting plate are snug not too tight.
2017-12-12
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Well my update is that I could not get the CyrstalSky to not freeze up. See the above notes. I had taken it back and received a new one. The new one works fine! Tried on all my controllers and not a glitch! Looks like a hardware issue on the old one.
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules