Going down fast
1147 6 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

Hi all, i have another newbie question.

Lets say im flying at max altitude, 500m, and i want to go down fast, until now, i never pushed left stick to bottom, scared of turning off the motors, so i have a slow descend couse i dont want to know by own experience if it indeed turn off the motors when its flying or not, so

someone of you knows for sure if that would happens?

is there a better way to go down fast?

is there some way to disable that method of turning off motors and let only the same we do for start them?

thanks

2015-4-15
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

I majority of the time hold my left stick to bottom until 10-15 feet above ground.  I haven't experienced any challenges to this ppint.
2015-4-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

After the bird leaves the ground Your motors will not stop at zero throttle until you've  landed , the only way to stop the motors in flight is done by putting  the sticks in the start motors for take off position ..
Don't try it ! You can run this scenario in the rc pilot apps trainer , I've tried stopping the motors just to see if I could from a decent altitude stop and restart before it augured in and it wasn't a problem .
2015-4-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

After the bird leaves the ground Your motors will not stop at zero throttle until you've  landed , the only way to stop the motors in flight is done by putting  the sticks in the start motors for take off position ..
Don't try it ! You can run this scenario in the rc pilot apps trainer , I've tried stopping the motors just to see if I could from a decent altitude stop and restart before it augured in and it wasn't a problem .
2015-4-15
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Try flying forward in a spiral at lower throttle if you want to defend faster and atti mode should also increase your decent too.
2015-4-15
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

When fast descending you should avoid entering the "wobble of death" as explained here:
2015-4-15
Use props
sebastianreal
lvl.1

Ecuador

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2015-4-16 12:23
When fast descending you should avoid entering the "wobble of death" as explained here:
http://www.y ...

wow, thanks botnish, several ppl was talking about this in the other forum, but i still doens knew what it was
2015-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules