Filters
1462 12 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I am looking for some filters for my P3Pro, For normal photography with my DSLRs and Lenses I would use a recognised make like Hoya but there does not seem to be anything available other than cheap Chinese to some German ones at what seems to be an average price but no name so no real indication of quality. The camera and lens are of reasonable quality so there is no point in degrading it by putting a piece of rubbish on the front. Has anyone any reccomendations for ND filters and a Circular Polariser?
2017-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have done just fine, without them.
Trying not to aim the camera directly at the sun...
I do use a petal lens hood though... ;-)

Your reference to cheap Chinese products, is funny to me. Considering you are on a Chinese website, flying a Chinese drone. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-12-11
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

20171212_065354.jpg 20171212_065502.jpg
I have found these filters to be very good quality
2017-12-11
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-11 12:17
I have done just fine, without them.
Trying not to aim the camera directly at the sun...
I do use a petal lens hood though... ;-)

It was purely a comment on what appears to be available, one can buy cheap Chinese rubbish as epitomised by the poor tools often available spanners that bend as soon as you apply a bit of torque, drill bits that would have difficulty making a concentric hole in a block of plasticine or you can buy well engineered equipment at a cost that reflects its quality. The trick is finding them in the morass of rubbish that people are prepared to buy because it's cheap.
2017-12-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-11 23:22
It was purely a comment on what appears to be available, one can buy cheap Chinese rubbish as epitomised by the poor tools often available spanners that bend as soon as you apply a bit of torque, drill bits that would have difficulty making a concentric hole in a block of plasticine or you can buy well engineered equipment at a cost that reflects its quality. The trick is finding them in the morass of rubbish that people are prepared to buy because it's cheap.

I prefer to only Shop at stores like Lee Valley Tools, where high quality products and service is a standard operating procedure. http://www.leevalley.com/us/
China has been making decent enough products for several years already.
In years past, we could say cheap Chinese knockoffs, but not so much today. Times have changed.

Stop buying your spanners at the dollar store. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-12-11
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-12-11 23:31
I prefer to only Shop at stores like Lee Valley Tools, where high quality products and service is a standard operating procedure.
China has been making higher quality products for several years already.
In years past, we could say cheap Chinese knockoffs, but not so much today. Times have changed.

I tend to be limited to internet for things like these filters, as for tools I am very fussy and never buy unless I can either handle it or know for sure it comes from a reputable manufacturer which is why my router bits are US manufactured even in the UK it is difficult if not impossible to buy anything of equivalent quality.
2017-12-11
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-12-11 13:00
[view_image][view_image]
I have found these filters to be very good quality

Just ordered some less than £50 for a set but on your recommendation
2017-12-12
Use props
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

I hope they work well for you ive not had any problems at all with mine
2017-12-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-11 23:36
I tend to be limited to internet for things like these filters, as for tools I am very fussy and never buy unless I can either handle it or know for sure it comes from a reputable manufacturer which is why my router bits are US manufactured even in the UK it is difficult if not impossible to buy anything of equivalent quality.

Yes, that's my preference as well. I need to handle the goods, and carefully visually inspect them for flaws or misaligned edges. House of Tools was also a great "hardware" store, but I haven't been in there for several ages.

Don't forget your camaraderie here on the forum.  We are like a drone army, & worldwide extended family. Please-don't ever forget or feel shy about sending funds & having your friends here, be available to purchase and send to you, anything that you can't find locally. Yes, eBay and Amazon are also your friends. ;-)

I would have thought, you'd have many great opportunities in France to purchase your better quality tools and dedicated drone devices.
Where are you located in the country?

RedHotPoker
2017-12-12
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I live in Grenoble during the week and most of the winter months but have a house in drome about 110 miles South and 175 miles North of the Mediterranean and Marseille which we go to at the weekends spring through Autumn.
Yes you can buy good quality tools in France but the distributers are few and far between and hellishly expensive so I tend to pick up stuff when I visit the UK to see friends or buy stuff that I know like router bits by mail order through UK stockists of Infinity or Whiteside, I love Incra stuff as well just finished building a new router table with an  Incra fence.
I am just beginning to find shops that stock drones and some DJI spares but I suspect that eBay is going to be the best rout.
2017-12-12
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

Polar Pro make a nice set of 3 lens for about $50. on Amazon. The set includes a CP, N4, and N8. Very well made, glass lens.
2018-1-21
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

SITKAMICK Posted at 2018-1-21 19:46
Polar Pro make a nice set of 3 lens for about $50. on Amazon. The set includes a CP, N4, and N8. Very well made, glass lens.

I agree with Polar Pro!
You can find them on ebay as well
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ... ar+Pro&_sacat=0
2018-3-8
Use props
Glenwarner97
New

India

PeteHB Posted at 2017-12-11 23:36

Choosing the best router bits is not rocket science, but there are indeed several factors to consider before you make a purchase.

You must know How to Choose the Right router bit for your need?
Some factors are :-
The shank size of the Router Bits
The material of the Router Bits
The high-speed steel materialUsing Sharp Bits
The right kind of grind
Keeping a good balance
You guys can check out this guide to know more about best router bit and how to chose right one.
[size=13.3333px]https://theedgecutter.com/best-router-bits/
[size=13.3333px]

Also read Router Bit types which can be useful to know

If you are looking for a buddget one then Magnate 2704 Surface is best.

2020-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules