Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X7 / lenses issue ?
4810 12 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

There are no issues with my X5S camera. I updated my drone to the latest version before installing X7.
However, I'm getting "Lens disconnected. Please check of it is properly mounted and fastened (twist counter-clockwise to fasten)."

The whole screen is dark, when using 35mm.
In 16mm I'm getting an actual signal, however I can't control the camera settings.
50mm seems working fine.

Everything tried multiple times - switching lenses and removing the gimbal itself.
Hopefully it could be fixed in a firmware update.
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please follow the tips below:
1. Do not touch the Lens Release Button when you attach the lens.
2. Mount the lens in place and rotates the lens several times. Please install it gently and avoid rotating it forcibly.
3. Please note that the lens does not support hot swapping. Try to reinstall the lens and reboot the aircraft.
2017-12-11
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
Belarus

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-11 19:00
2. Mount the lens in place and rotates the lens several times. Please install it gently and avoid rotating it forcibly.

Much thanks for the advice, it helped!

Please, make a tutorial video or at least an important message, so X7 users would be aware of how properly install the lens. Thank you!

2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

gmanthegman Posted at 2017-12-12 03:34
Much thanks for the advice, it helped!

Please, make a tutorial video or at least an important message, so X7 users would be aware of how properly install the lens. Thank you!

Sorry for the trouble it brings. Your requirement will be forwarded to our designated department. Please note that the latest firmware optimizes Zenmuse X7 lens connection stability to fix an issue where lens signal could be lost when pressing the lens release button at the moment of powering on. Thanks for your feedback.
2017-12-13
Use props
JuSu
New
New Zealand

I have the same problem, does not seem to be lens dependent, it happens with 16, 24 and 35, is that firmware or does the x7 hardware have a flaw?
2017-12-18
Use props
JuSu
New
New Zealand

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-11 19:00

what do you mean by rotate the lens several times?
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

JuSu Posted at 2017-12-18 17:56
what do you mean by rotate the lens several times?

Did you have the same problem? Did you solve it now? You can shoot a video of the way you install your lens for further assistant.
2017-12-22
Use props
Dinos6
lvl.2

Russia

Just purchased X7 and full Lens kit.
And the first mount of the lens finished with the same yellow sign (Lens disconnected).

After the night of training we've figured out the best solution of this problem (now all lenses attaches camera without any errors):

1. Mount your lens with red points.
2. Scroll it smooth clockwise till the stop. You will hear scratching sound during spheric contacts getting in.
3. Then scroll it back (counter clockwise) ONLY one small click of the contact. And that's all!

After that all 4 lenses work fine without any troubles

УДАЧИ!  
2018-2-2
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Dinos6 Posted at 2018-2-2 08:22
And the first mount of the lens finished with the same yellow sign (Lens disconnected).

Had the same issue. I will try this as well
2018-2-2
Use props
Flo the Pirate
lvl.4
Austria

Dinos6 Posted at 2018-2-2 08:22

I had the same problem while being out on a commercial job ... took me about 10 minutes to figure this out to stop looking stupid ;)
2018-2-3
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Posted at 2018-2-2 18:30
Had the same issue. I will try this as well

It seems that the 1/2 click suggestion works, at least with me.
2018-2-3
Use props
Simon7354
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1721414 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Threads Guys! I too have the X7 Lens set, the only Lens that worked was the 24mm, the 16mm, 35mm and the 50mm although there was an image nothing came up on the "Lens Profile" page. Focus and Calibration wouldn't work.
BUT I carrid out the steps above and all are fine.....Thanks
2018-2-17
Use props
shipshooter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 354636 ft
  • >>>
United States

What do you mean rotating 1/2 click counterclockwise...only way I can do that is to push the lens dismount button..?????      excuse me?
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules