Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
the biggest no fly zone and im in the middle of it.
2168 17 2015-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

so my inspire just becamse worthless to me, who wants it? im smack in the middle of this no fly zone so i see no reason to own this anymore. all the places i have and want to film are now off limits. and by places i like to film i mean 1/2 of coastal san diego that streches 30 over miles of coastline

in the picture you can see im almost in the middle of this sucker.
1.JPG
2015-4-15
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Hi travguy,

I feel your pain and frustration. AS a professional operator of these with many years of zero incidents, I am not happy to be thrown in to  the "he will take down an aircraft with this device" category".
Two choices....Time to move house or move to a different drone company!
2015-4-15
Use props
thetravguy
lvl.1

United States

i managed to rectify my situation. according to dji's own web site the no flyzone  shouldn't be this big, so i may have been a glitch in the dji pilot app with the latest firmware update. i re installed it a couple times and the no fly zone actually gone all together and i can't seem to get it to display lol.

my inspire is flying again in my back yard like it was before the update.
2015-4-15
Use props
FoxSTI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11286 ft
  • >>>
United States

this shit really sucks. I am also very close to 2 airports. I don't like to fly higher than 60 feet..
this just suck. I m glad you are good.
2015-4-15
Use props
sharky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 455367 ft
Australia

Isnt it meant to be a 5km or 3.1 mile radius around airports?
Thats how it is here in Australia. And lucky for me my favorite spots on the coast are just 1km outside this radius.
And even if you happen to be just on the inside of the radius I believe with the Phantom you could still fly but was limited to 120ft. in altitude.  I still keep an eye out for helicopters, they come outta nowhere along the coast and to see them zippin past and I think are they really flying above 400 ft? It sure doesnt look like it!
I seldomly ever fly above 200 ft. I always think who would be at fault if one of these choppers collided with my drone and came plummeting to the ground? Why do I get the impression id come out second best?
So helipilots if you are flying low. Please be on the lookout for drones. We're on the rise. And soon to be poppin up everywhere.

2015-4-16
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

SD has a very large military presence...why did you think this would not be classified a 'no fly zone'?
2015-4-16
Use props
taylor2d2
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone updated the firmware in the Washington DC area?  the no-fly used to be city limits but the current one on the map looks to extend way into Virginia and Maryland, leaving the Inspire useless around here as well.  Also, it's blue instead of red?not sure if that has any  importance.  I'm very hesitant to update the firmware, as it has been working fine up till now...
2015-4-16
Use props
wveney.giminc
lvl.2

United States

I'm in DC and the NFZ extends to MD,DC and VA.  The zones are red in color.
2015-4-16
Use props
DCAerials
lvl.2

United States

To all Inspire 1 owners....There is a solution to fly in the NFZ.  I by no means condone nor indorse flying in NFZ's but for those who are responsible and aware of the liabilities that may follow - See Below

- Turn on remote and place in ATT mode (Note: Do not connect Mobile device to remote)
- Turn on I1
- Fly

For those you that wish to fly in NFZ's with live video.  You will have to use the HDMI out port for FPV, Video and Photography.

Good Luck!
2015-4-17
Use props
joekeantang
lvl.4

United States

DCAerials Posted at 2015-4-18 05:31
To all Inspire 1 owners....There is a solution to fly in the NFZ.  I by no means condone nor indorse ...

Interesting but risky! Plus how do you get to control Image quality... It's not worth the risk I think what if there so much wind and your drone drifts away? How can you ask the inspire 1 to head home?
2015-4-17
Use props
DCAerials
lvl.2

United States

Update...I tested in doors with no GPS signal and it works.  With GPS (Outdoors)...the dreaded NFZ warning resurfaced
2015-4-17
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Wouldn't you need to disable the GPS module in order to fly in the no fly zones?
Not that flying in a NFZ is a great idea unless you have acquired permission from the tower etc.
2015-4-17
Use props
Theo ter Haar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

Dangair Posted at 2015-4-18 14:35
Wouldn't you need to disable the GPS module in order to fly in the no fly zones?
Not that flying in ...

isn't there one in the Inspire as well?
Very curious how to solve this!
2015-4-18
Use props
pidetectives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

DCAerials Posted at 2015-4-18 05:31
To all Inspire 1 owners....There is a solution to fly in the NFZ.  I by no means condone nor indorse ...

If I am not mistaken now you are force to have the pilot app on and running before you can fire the motors. if not they will not work. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
2015-4-18
Use props
taylor2d2
lvl.1

United States

glad to hear it will at least still work indoors....
2015-4-18
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Theo ter Haar Posted at 2015-4-18 20:57
isn't there one in the Inspire as well?
Very curious how to solve this!

Yes there is one in the bird, and I believe, but I haven't tried it and have no immediate need too, that is what needs to be disconnected from the bird. But in doing so you get rid of most of the features that make the Inspire what it is. My question would be can you still fly the bird without the GPS module in the circuit?
2015-4-18
Use props
Theo ter Haar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20730951 ft
Netherlands

I am almost sure the motors will be locked. Have no bird yet, but next week I will, and the first thing I will do is try it at a nearby AirPort.
All without taking any risc of any kind of course. I flyed there for 25 years with my PPL, so they know me and I know them. I'll report when finished.
2015-4-18
Use props
GENETTICO
lvl.3

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-4-18 21:40
If I am not mistaken now you are force to have the pilot app on and running before you can fire the ...

Not correct. You do not need app to turn on motors... Even to fly! I have tested it myself... You can too,, if you dont wanna fly just take props off!
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules