[SOLVED] DJI Go 4 Requesting Update, while on latest firmware!
2448 16 2017-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Hey everyone,

So here is the deal, I bought my DJI Goggles RE and linked them without any hiccups to my MAVIC, after doing so and with the DJI Go 4 App open I closed the app, just to check on something else and when I opened again before pressing "GO FLY" I noticed it requested a firmware update to version 01.04.0100 but I am already at 01.04.0100 when checked with DJI Assistant 2 and in the App. By using DJI Go 4 I decided to update just in case I missed something but it failed at 45% while upgrading the software in the RC.

I already refreshed the firmwares on the MAVIC, RC, Goggles RE and App on the cellphone.

General Data:

App Version: 4.1.18.
DJI Assistant 2 Ver: 1.1.8.
RC Firmware Ver: 01.04.0100.
MAVIC Firmware Ver: 01.04.0100.

Summarizing, the error happens as follows:

Turn on RC -> Open DJI Go 4 -> Turn on MAVIC -> Turn on Goggles RE -> Exit DJI Go 4 -> Open DJI Go 4 -> Update required -> Cannot fly the AC.

The error does not appear solely when not exiting DJI Go 4.

Bellow are some screenshots for everyone to see.

What worries me is that if I am in the middle of a flight the App decides to crash for whatever reason, this error could couse a conflict between the MAVIC and the app when relaunching it and in the middle of a flight.
Of course, is also worth mentioning this only happens when the Goggles RE are connected.

Any help or advice will be higly appreciated, Thanks to everyone!

Screenshot_20171212-115209.png
Screenshot_20171212-115403.png
Screenshot_20171212-115044.png
20171212_121851.png
2017-12-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi AACY, just to verify, the firmware update requirement only happens when you connect DJI Goggles RE and have exited DJI GO 4 app and launch the app again, right? Could you please help to click the error message “cannot take off ” and check the aircraft status of it? And may I know the version info of your Goggles? And may I know if there is an error message when you try to update the firmware again? Looking forward to your feedback.
2017-12-11
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-11 23:40
Hi AACY, just to verify, the firmware update requirement only happens when you connect DJI Goggles RE and have exited DJI GO 4 app and launch the app again, right? Could you please help to click the error message “cannot take off ” and check the aircraft status of it? And may I know the version info of your Goggles? And may I know if there is an error message when you try to update the firmware again? Looking forward to your feedback.

Hi Thor,

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

Exactly, the update requirement only happens when those conditions are in place. When clicking on the "Cannot Take Off" message, the status shows that all parameters are nominal except the that says it requires an update also, the AC status light changes and stays in solid red. See screenshot bellow.
My Goggles RE are on the latest update I checked today in the morning. I dont remember the exact version number. But will get back to you with it.

The error message persist when trying to update from the App. I refreshed the firmware versions on the MAVIC, RC and Goggles RE.

Thanks again for all your help!

BTW is there any problem in using a different DJI Assistant Version. I am currently using Ver. 1.1.8 (Found on the DJI Goggles RE Download Section of dji.com) and the MAVIC has DJI Assistant Ver. 1.1.6 at dji.com. maybe this has something to do.
Screenshot_20171212-165621.png
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AACY Posted at 2017-12-12 01:30
Hi Thor,

Thank you very much for your fast reply!

Thank you for providing me the picture. I will inform the engineers to confirm as soon as possible. It doesn't seem to be the issue to use a different Assistant version, but will confirm as well.
Besides, in the post, you mentioned the firmware upgrade failed, right? Was there an error message in the app when it failed? Maybe it might also provide some tips. Thank you.
2017-12-12
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-12 05:53
Thank you for providing me the picture. I will inform the engineers to confirm as soon as possible. It doesn't seem to be the issue to use a different Assistant version, but will confirm as well.
Besides, in the post, you mentioned the firmware upgrade failed, right? Was there an error message in the app when it failed? Maybe it might also provide some tips. Thank you.

No problem, it's my pleasure. Looking forward to see if there is any good news back from the guys!

The 2 times it tried to upgrade by the App, there wasn't any specific message or reason for the failure, but it did asked me to send the error log data back to you guys, to which I happily accepted to and pressed OK in both occasions.

Interestingly enough just a couple of hours ago I receive a new update for the DJI Go 4 App by the Samsung Store instead of the Google Play Store (I am in China) and the App version is v4.1.18 (434-Official)

I will try again to see if there is any improvement.

Thanks to you and the entire team for the support and time!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AACY Posted at 2017-12-12 07:56
No problem, it's my pleasure. Looking forward to see if there is any good news back from the guys!

The 2 times it tried to upgrade by the App, there wasn't any specific message or reason for the failure, but it did asked me to send the error log data back to you guys, to which I happily accepted to and pressed OK in both occasions.

We also appreciate your feedback, which is really important to us to discover and solve if it is an issue. Our engineers are now working on it. And it is confirmed that using a different version of DJI Assistant 2 to update is alright, no worries.
I will get back to you once again if I hear anything from our engineers. Thank you so much for your patience.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, an update here. Our engineers confirm that it is the Android DJI GO 4 app's issue. If it is possible, you can connect it to an iOS device, or you can wait for the next app's update.
And for your concern about whether it would cause a conflict when the app crash while the drone in the air, it is also confirmed no worries, it would cause this conflict.
Thank you.
2017-12-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-13 01:34
Hi there, an update here. Our engineers confirm that it is the Android DJI GO 4 app's issue. If it is possible, you can connect it to an iOS device, or you can wait for the next app's update.
And for your concern about whether it would cause a conflict when the app crash while the drone in the air, it is also confirmed no worries, it would cause this conflict.
Thank you.

By all means, thanks to you guys for the amazing support!

This are fantastic news, sadly I do not have an iOS device, but sounds OK for me to wait until the next App update. Any ETA for the update?

Also, excellent news about the nature and extend of this issue, so from what I am understanding is more of a cosmetic problem than a real issue that can cause harm, it's been great to get confirmation back from the engineers on this!

Once again, thank you very much for your time and help!

2017-12-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
China

Thank you.

Hey Thor!

Here is something that I noticed. I proceed and did a factory restore of the Firmware in the MAVIC and RC and try to update using the DJI Assistant 2 while connected with the MAVIC, RC and Goggles RE. This gave me a constant set of failures while upgrading. The logic behind this, was to try and upgrade the 3 devices all at once, kind of like making them scale up simultaneously to avoid version conflicts.

This didn't work and decided to upgrade only the MAVIC and RC and this worked perfectly. While plugging the Goggles RE to the DJI Assistant 2 I did notice that there where some old flight logs from January 2017 (a bit strange) Also, I did notice that on the left lens the are some minor scratches. Now this has me wondering if I received an already used set goggles RE (maybe used by some developer).

Also, I had tried again checking with the App the first error and issue we talked about and is still persistent under the same conditions. But I decided to turn off my Goggles RE and launch the App again while the RC and MAVIC were on and Boom! perfect no issue with the software version and I am allowed to take off. So this kinds of bring me to understand since the problem is happening whenever the Goggles are on and in the network both on the App and the Assistant. That they might be the problem, and as I mentioned they do look like they had been used before because of the evidence found in the Assistant of old flight records the slightly scratched left lens and after watching someone on YouTube unbox them I noticed that mine also did not come with the plastic film that protect the lenses.

Regards!

Please fin the screenshots bellow.

2017-12-13
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

Thank you.

Hey Thor,

Any update on the other questions posted above?

Regards!
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AACY Posted at 2017-12-13 21:51
Hey Thor!

Here is something that I noticed. I proceed and did a factory restore of the Firmware in the MAVIC and RC and try to update using the DJI Assistant 2 while connected with the MAVIC, RC and Goggles RE. This gave me a constant set of failures while upgrading. The logic behind this, was to try and upgrade the 3 devices all at once, kind of like making them scale up simultaneously to avoid version conflicts.

Hi there, as for the scratches of the lens, could you please provide me with some pics which could illustrate it? You can also contact support@dji.com and send the picture to them. But for the flight record, can I assume that you haven't flown the drone with the Goggles? I will forward to our engineers to confirm. BTW, Goggles doesn't have a film protector on the screen, so it is normal. Thank you for your report and your patience.
2017-12-15
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 01:29
Hi there, as for the scratches of the lens, could you please provide me with some pics which could illustrate it? You can also contact support@dji.com and send the picture to them. But for the flight record, can I assume that you haven't flown the drone with the Goggles? I will forward to our engineers to confirm. BTW, Goggles doesn't have a film protector on the screen, so it is normal. Thank you for your report and your patience.

Dear Thor,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I had already entered in contact with DJI Support team case# 883089. Also, provided them with all the information.

On the other hand they had told me to go thru the repair process (were I would have to send the Goggles and an engineer will take a look at them and report their findings)  , what I do not quite grasp is that the Goggles are less than 7 days old, shouldn't this case fall onto DJI's 7 calendar replacement and return policy? Please help me understand this a bit better.

Please see attached the picture of the scratched lens.

20171214_220940.jpg
2017-12-15
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 01:29

Thank you for the confirmation regarding the Film protector. Is just that I saw all the samples that they had at the store and people un boxing them and assumed they would had come with protector Film too. Indeed I haven't flown the Goggles yet.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AACY Posted at 2017-12-15 04:46
Dear Thor,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I had already entered in contact with DJI Support team case# 883089. Also, provided them with all the information.

Hi sir, usually, the case is recorded as a repair process, but we will follow the policy. So please kindly apply a repair case first, describe your situation, PM me the case number and I will help to keep an eye on it. For the flight record, I am still confirming with the engineers. Hope things will be addressed soon. Thank you for your patience.
2017-12-15
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 05:08
Hi sir, usually, the case is recorded as a repair process, but we will follow the policy. So please kindly apply a repair case first, describe your situation, PM me the case number and I will help to keep an eye on it. For the flight record, I am still confirming with the engineers. Hope things will be addressed soon. Thank you for your patience.

Hey Thor,

Thank you very much for your reply and clarification, as always the provided information it's been very helpful.

I will be passing by the flagship store to start the procedure. There together with the guys.

Looking forward to the information back from the engineers regarding the flight logs.

Best regards!
2017-12-15
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-15 05:08
Hi sir, usually, the case is recorded as a repair process, but we will follow the policy. So please kindly apply a repair case first, describe your situation, PM me the case number and I will help to keep an eye on it. For the flight record, I am still confirming with the engineers. Hope things will be addressed soon. Thank you for your patience.

Dear Thor,

Once again, thank you very much for your patience, support and great customer service. Yesterday I passed by the flagship store and everything has been sorted out. The guys there as always had been amazing and were able to provide with instant solution.

Thanks to you and the entire DJI team! You guys are the best!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

AACY Posted at 2017-12-16 21:06
Dear Thor,

Once again, thank you very much for your patience, support and great customer service. Yesterday I passed by the flagship store and everything has been sorted out. The guys there as always had been amazing and were able to provide with instant solution.

Hey, thank you for your positive feedback and we are so glad to hear about this. We will keep improving our service and provide a more professional service to our customers. Merry Christmas and wish you a happy new year!
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules