Your opinion please.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Hi to all forum users and to our host DJI. I have an idea, a thought, a proposal or consideration, call it what you will. Please take a minute to read and comment. This is not the sort of thing that would work without a lot of support especially from DJI and might well be stupid from the beginning. Even so, I would like your opinions anyway.

What do you do with your accumulated points, when I get to 1800 I can get myself a $10 credit to purchase something from DJI, cool. For every 180 points more another $. I make no criticism of this, quite the opposite, but for any individual it is not a lot of personal gain. Quite honestly, I personally do not need the money, at least not in these quantities. Measured in points, my current investment in DJI equipment is running at well over 500,000 points, which, is one hell of a lot of replies even at the new rate of 2 points a go.

What I am trying to say is that the points system in itself is admirable, few forums offer such incentives but I feel we could make it even more effective and beneficial by acting as a community. What about having an option to pool our points together and donate these to a charity. DJI could administer this; we could choose a charity in some way. DJI supplies a product or service not money, and of course makes marketing and advertising out of it. For those of us who participate will have the benefit of knowing that we have done a good deed and bought happiness to others.

There are a lot of how’s and ifs and buts, nonetheless let us discuss it, I am convinced that this a serious enough platform to do that.

2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I bought a Dji drone to do a series of documentations ... I could not do those jobs since this acquisition has failed 80% ... now I have no work ... no money ... At least if I win one extra battery for my Phantom 3 would be appreciated
2017-12-12
Use props
Toorboy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 657382 ft
United Kingdom

I think you have a good idea there Dockater
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Toorboy Posted at 2017-12-12 06:38

Indeed I agree !!
2017-12-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Very nice gesture!  Hope it "flies".
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-12-12 07:01
Very nice gesture!  Hope it "flies".

Thank you, your feedback is one of the first, lets see what DJI have to say.
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-12 07:56
...................At least if I win one extra battery for my Phantom 3 would be appreciated

Well Nebuchadnezzar, that is going to be 26,820 points, you could get there one day, but at the rate you are going it may not be so long.

indeed ..one day hope before i die ..
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Toorboy Posted at 2017-12-12 06:38

Thank you very much.
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

i think the same .. it is a great/big Idea
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I was Emule Op about 4 yearS in two channels : english & spanish ( Official tech support ) channels were running by volunters i was giving tech support and I did it because I liked helping people.nOT FOR MONEY
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-12 08:02
We are all terminal I am afraid, its the last of lifes risks.......

my friend .... the worst thing is to have an expiration date ... and know it
2017-12-12
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Again .. i agreed with your idea
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

I have deleted a couple of my replies so that we can keep this post on the original thread, neither will I make any more "thank you" replies to simple support opinions. This is not a point gathering exercise for me; I am seriously interested in your opinions, also the negative ones. In addition, of course any suggestions. Well maybe not any suggestions, they should be relevant or at least funny.

Thanks – Dockater
2017-12-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have 27000 there yours if you want them, much better to give than receive.
2017-12-12
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

It's a great idea. The incentive for money in discount didn't get me, but for donation it's a beatiful gesture, and we can contribute in some way.
2017-12-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Because you can 'only' redeem 5400 points per month (€ 21,- or something) and credits are only valid for 1 year (not sure about that, but I read it somewhere) the accumulation of points is
a. very slow
b. not worth the time (just for the money)
c. limited to max € 240,- or something.
Now I could use the money to fund more DJI purchases BUT the DJI store is rather expensive in NL compared to other webshops.
Also it is rather high on shipment cost (if you are in NL and shop below € 149,- or something).
So the extra money gained from these points you will loose by the more expensive products in the DJI store and the shipment cost.

So in short: yes I will be more than happy to donate all the points to a charity fund.
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-12-12 13:10
Because you can 'only' redeem 5400 points per month (€ 21,- or something) and credits are only valid for 1 year (not sure about that, but I read it somewhere) the accumulation of points is
a. very slow
b. not worth the time (just for the money)

Thank you, what you say is well analyzed, at the end of the day many of us are not actually getting the benefit, so we let it drift. Others could well profit from this.
2017-12-12
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. I'd support this idea, Dockater - the points are wasted with me. I'm only here to read, learn, and re-pay by offering help in kind.

But until we hear from DJI, I think this is unlikely to take off. The points are incentives for individuals to invest in more DJI product, and this way DJI can still make something from you. But let's see...
2017-12-12
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Until you drew it to my attention in another thread I hadn't bothered about points so pooling is good idea. Settling on the who will be an interesting exercise though.
2017-12-12
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Sounds worth while
However, I'd prefer to have the option to choose what charity benefits from the donation
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-12-12 14:37
Hi. I'd support this idea, Dockater - the points are wasted with me. I'm only here to read, learn, and re-pay by offering help in kind.

But until we hear from DJI, I think this is unlikely to take off. The points are incentives for individuals to invest in more DJI product, and this way DJI can still make something from you. But let's see...

............ But until we hear from DJI, I think it is unlikely to take off.

We will hear from them some time, this is their turf.
2017-12-12
Use props
Al S. Alice's H
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50259 ft
United States

Sounds like a hreat idea to me. Is there a way to tag Grace or another moderator on this thread?
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-12-12 15:32
Sounds worth while
However, I'd prefer to have the option to choose what charity benefits from the donation

.......... However, I'd prefer to have the option to choose what charity benefits from the donation

Of course, it would have to be something acceptable to all, and of course it must be a volunteer thing anyway.
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

I actually really like this idea. I'll talk to Grace about it!
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Al S. Alice's H Posted at 2017-12-12 15:48
Sounds like a hreat idea to me. Is there a way to tag Grace or another moderator on this thread?

Sure there is, but let us see what people think about it for a while. Up to this time the thread has been viewed 80+ times with about 25% replies, mostly positive. However, that still leaves 75% where the idea is not even worth 2 points for a simple reply. Early days.
2017-12-12
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-12-12 16:08
I actually really like this idea. I'll talk to Grace about it!

Well Joe, that is really positive, thank you very much. I look forward to hearing more.
2017-12-12
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-12 16:18
Well Joe, that is really positive, thank you very much. I look forward to hearing more.

You've gone from anarchist to Santa in the blink of an eye...what an amazing transformation
2017-12-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dockater Posted at 2017-12-12 16:18

Aloha Dockater,

Sounds good to me!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-12
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea !!
2017-12-13
Use props
F.KOK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18954370 ft
  • >>>
Namibia

" What about having an option to pool our points together and donate these to a charity."                                                                                   I second that.  
2017-12-13
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Add me into the Yes camp too please. Happy to contribute mine. We might also all use the forum more if it is helping charity, and its also a good news story about the drone community helping the less advantaged. All round winner in  my opinion.
2017-12-14
Use props
RevGlue
New

Pakistan

Keep it up!! Nice Idea!!
2018-2-28
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Dockater, a most excellent idea sir. Count me in for sure. Maybe DJI will match our donation when and if this can be implemented. I’m sure we can all come up with some cause we agree on.
2018-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules