OSMO PROBLEM (THE APP DETECTED IT LIKE A INSPIRE)
5240 15 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ghorghiades26
New

Mexico

Hello everyone, my name is Chris, and the last friday I bought a OSMO in a web page like a ebay, the problem is that the app DJI GO in my cellphone detect the OSMO as INSPIRE, and I don´t have a INSPIRE Drone
I tried everything but doesn´t work. Restart the wifi configuration, and reinstall the DJI GO app, , can somebody help me?

Thanks a lot from Mexico

2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, Ghorghiades26, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, may I know if you have also installed DJI Go 4 in your mobile phone? If so, please make sure it has been closed completely when you run DJI Go.
If not, please try to reset Osmo WIFI, please refer to the tutorial video below and let me know if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-12-12
Use props
Ghorghiades26
New

Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-12 23:41
Hello, Ghorghiades26, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, may I know if you have also installed DJI Go 4 in your mobile phone? If so, please make sure it has been closed completely when you run DJI Go.
If not, please try to reset Osmo WIFI, please refer to the tutorial video below and let me know if the problem persists, thank you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxB5uOoDQUU

Hi DJI Mindy, first tnahks for answer my post, and I like to tell you that I tried everything, restart the wifi configuraiton of the osmo, and more, but I have a question, I hope that you can help me, when I start the osmo, the left led is Yellow (without blinking) and the manual says that has a "sd card error" but I Have put it different sd cards, and I have the same problem, what do you  think that is the problem?
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ghorghiades26 Posted at 2017-12-14 08:37
Hi DJI Mindy, first tnahks for answer my post, and I like to tell you that I tried everything, restart the wifi configuraiton of the osmo, and more, but I have a question, I hope that you can help me, when I start the osmo, the left led is Yellow (without blinking) and the manual says that has a "sd card error" but I Have put it different sd cards, and I have the same problem, what do you  think that is the problem?

Hi there, the left indicator will be solid yellow for several seconds when you power on the device, then it will be extinct.
Does the indicator keep solid yellow all the time? Please keep me updated. Thanks.
2017-12-15
Use props
fansf6f4e617
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-15 02:33
Hi there, the left indicator will be solid yellow for several seconds when you power on the device, then it will be extinct.
Does the indicator keep solid yellow all the time? Please keep me updated. Thanks.

I have the same problem and
the yellow indicator remains fixed and continuous
Thank you for your help
2017-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf6f4e617 Posted at 2017-12-31 03:13
I have the same problem and
the yellow indicator remains fixed and continuous
Thank you for your help

Hello Sir, please check the indicator status below: indicator.png
Have your tried to format the SD card or try another SD card?
2018-1-1
Use props
fansf6f4e617
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-1 18:50
Hello Sir, please check the indicator status below:[view_image]
Have your tried to format the SD card or try another SD card?

Bonjour,

the left light is yellow solid, I format SD card and try with other SD card ... without success.
Thanks for your help
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf6f4e617 Posted at 2018-1-1 22:20
Bonjour,

the left light is yellow solid, I format SD card and try with other SD card ... without success.

Please make sure the SD card is in our compatible list firstly(the speed should be Class 10 or higher, or UHS-1.).
If the left indicator keeps solid yellow when you power on a few seconds later with several SD cards, maybe the SD card slot fails to recognize the SD card, then the device will need to be sent in for diagnosis.
We apologize for the trouble caused.
2018-1-1
Use props
fansf6f4e617
lvl.1
France

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-1 23:04
Please make sure the SD card is in our compatible list firstly(the speed should be Class 10 or higher, or UHS-1.).
If the left indicator keeps solid yellow when you power on a few seconds later with several SD cards, maybe the SD card slot fails to recognize the SD card, then the device will need to be sent in for diagnosis.

the SD card is ok, probably a failure of the internal SD card reader, I am disappointed but thank you for your help
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansf6f4e617 Posted at 2018-1-2 09:57
the SD card is ok, probably a failure of the internal SD card reader, I am disappointed but thank you for your help

I understand your frustration, we do apologize for the inconvenience caused, please send in the device to have an evaluation, the repair team will take care of it, thank you.
2018-1-2
Use props
danixiz
New
Flight distance : 5446 ft
Georgia

Just set your phone to " AIRPLANE MODE" then turn on your wifi . the DJI GO app will detect your OSMO.
2018-7-29
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you open the DJI Go App, the default screen displays the Inspire 1 as an "option" Look carefully below the drop down menu (where the Inspire is listed)  you will see small dots indicating there are more choices on other screens.  Swipe left and you'll eventually get to an Osmo screen.
2018-9-12
Use props
fansd63df0f5
New

Italy

I have the same issue, I've tried everything, DJI Go app see Osmo as Inspire 1. I've last used this camera a year ago and most likely it requires an updated firmware, which DJI GO should had update automatically.

What a ridiculous error, how do i fix this as the camera is basically useless without seeing what it is recording. I need this camera tomorrow.
2020-8-2
Use props
djiuser_GPoul8qxrz1o
lvl.1

United States

I am having this same issue on a Osmo Plus I bought second hand. I've always wanted a DJI camera, but I'm quickly learning that they are junk. You have thousands of people with the same issue, and all of us post about it to the DJI forums with absolutely no help aside from "pay to send it in and pay to have it fixed" when this shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

We shouldn't be needing to switch to airplane mode, stand on or left foot and pull our pinky finger to get this junk to work...... this should be seamless and easy, but it seems DJI production is trash just like a lot of the other stuff overseas. Guess I'll just toss this in the trash now and call the last 6 hours trying to figure this out a loss.
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_GPoul8qxrz1o
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-1 23:04
If the left indicator keeps solid yellow when you power on a few seconds later with several SD cards, maybe the SD card slot fails to recognize the SD card, then the device will need to be sent in for diagnosis.

@DJI Mindy says to reflash firmware on 99% of these posts , but I cannot even get the SD card to be seen by the Osmo. I've reset Wifi a million times, I've formatted my card in my phone (another thread recommended this) and in my PC with no change, I've scoured the internet in probably 30 different tabs at once and NOTHING. No wonder the Osmo production stopped. They've got thousands of angry owners who cant get any of the 17 DJI apps to connect with their $400 paperweight.
2020-10-20
Use props
eight_heads
New
United States

I'm having the same issue with my Osmo as well now. I haven't used it in a while and just tried connecting again and it will only connect as a DJI Inspire and I cannot select anything else. The left light is also solid yellow, and I cannot upgrade the firmware via SD card.
2021-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules