Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI PLEASE HELP US PHANTOM 4
2202 33 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 107769 ft
United States

I hope in the near future DJ I will help us resolve this problem. I cannot use my drone I only have six hours on it. I just received three new batteries because they died under warranty. When I receive them back I put in the batteries and immediately it asked me to update so I did. Now I cannot fly. I called dji three different times and spoke to someone in China and all three times the phone disconnected after 20 minutes. What should we do,what can we do? I’m using an Apple iPad Mini it doesn’t work transmission is weak, screen is green. The remote control is flashing red and green I tried to update that and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas or fix for this problem?
2017-12-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cobra,

You appear to have gotten off to a very bad start.  It sounds like your iPad Mini is underpowered for the DJI GO4 app.  That may have been stated elsewhere on this Forum.  See if you can get a tablet that is about a year old or younger with a multi-processor and 2 GB of RAM.

Try to reset everything back to factory defaults and start again.  Read the manual so you can get a better idea of how all this works together.  You are flying a network of 3 computers, the tablet (device), the aircraft and the Remote Controller.  They all have to communicate and work together and have firmware, even the batteries have firmware.

Keep us posted on how it goes.  Hope this helped!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-12
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-12 18:49
Aloha Cobra,

You appear to have gotten off to a very bad start.  It sounds like your iPad Mini is underpowered for the DJI GO4 app.  That may have been stated elsewhere on this Forum.  See if you can get a tablet that is about a year old or younger with a multi-processor and 2 GB of RAM.

It is a mini 4.  Sorry.  It’s not even a year old.  Running  11.2. IOS
2017-12-12
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mjbcobra106 Posted at 2017-12-12 19:01

Aloha Cobra,

OK, then you have app competition that is taking up too much processor time.  Do some research to find out how to disable, uninstall and or stop background processes in your iOS device.  

Have you tried Airplane Mode?  If Airplane Mode helps, it can inspire you to work on reducing the app competition harder until you get the results you want.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-12
Use props
Ahab01
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377444 ft
Australia

Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix

Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.

On front screen you have to play around a bit, open everything you can and eventually it will connect to the remote.

Press and hold the 3 lines in the top right of the screen and you will go to screen with "select firmware version"

Select and save Version 1.6.0 and download and then install.

Turn remote off and then on. Go into Camera.  Press red aircraft disconnected top left, check overall status and it will show Remote controller needs upgrade.

Download firmware. install and then turn off and on again.

Hopefully now you go through your normal startup procedures and use DJI GO 4 app and you're away!
2017-12-12
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Mjbcobra106 Posted at 2017-12-12 19:01

Hi, sir. Please ensure that both your RC and AC are the latest firmware. I would recommend you connect your RC with phone and check in the aircraft status about the error message. If you failed to update your RC, you can change a Android device to update again or connect your RC with DJI GO to update it. Besides, I would recommend you change a device or USB cable to fly your drone and see if the weak transmission problem gets better. Keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-13
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-13 02:25
Hi, sir. Please ensure that both your RC and AC are the latest firmware. I would recommend you connect your RC with phone and check in the aircraft status about the error message. If you failed to update your RC, you can change a Android device to update again or connect your RC with DJI GO to update it. Besides, I would recommend you change a device or USB cable to fly your drone and see if the weak transmission problem gets better. Keep us updated, thanks.

Thank you I will try
2017-12-13
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
United States

Ahab01 Posted at 2017-12-12 20:15
Reading around other posts I have come up with a fix

Download DJI GO App. Turn on remote and connect APP. Do NOT turn on aircraft.

Thank you very much. I will def try this
2017-12-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I'm beginning to think iOS 11.2 is screwed up.  Some in the Apple forum are saying the USB port audio output begins to get staticy in time until they replug the cable and it sounds fine again.  Others are saying the charger is slow and may not show the lightening bolt indicating charging unless unplugged/replugged and then it speeds up charging and the lightning bolt shows up again.

With mine (Two iPads with same 11.2) I lose parts of GO 4.1.8 over time.  First thing I notice is C1 gimbal may stop functioning.  Looking in the About in GO the version disappears as well as the RC serial number.  The camera settings may refuse to change and stay put.  EXP settings go to default, but GO will say "Ready to Fly" and it may, just some things will not work or fail in time (gimbal).

Same happens in Autopilot too where in the menu the name of the aircraft disappears over time where the version may stay or disappear.  If I unplug and replug with the app running, all sorts of information appears or disappears as well as flight telemetry.  I had issues with it not doing a mission once countdown finished to find it disconnected from the USB port. (Not cables.  I tried bunches of them.).

I suspect the reason the firmware installs are stopping and hanging at 99% is the USB port closes down due to some bug with iOS and the firmware sticks until one reboots or unplugs/replugs the Lightning cable and then it acts well and finishes up, but this masks the issue with iOS closing the port.

Something is buggy, and it may be Apple's fault since both DJI and Autopilot are acting bizarre.  Okay, add the weird Litchi flying menu too where it will throw codes up at times about a disconnection.  (The Litchi one I'm referring to is the flying one and not the autonomous flight one.  Somehow I ended up buying both in the Apple Store.).
2017-12-13
Use props
Walk The Dog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111955 ft
Canada

Following along and appreciate the detailed information.  Buddy with a 4 is having a similar issue.
2017-12-13
Use props
fans1f690efe
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-13 02:25

Are you having a laugh,  download the latest firmware.? The latest firmware is a joke,  a total disgrace . Hundreds of P4 are out of action because of this failware and it's still not been resolved after 5 months. So please stop telling people to update the latest crap firmware.
2017-12-13
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
United States

It looks like everybody on this form is having the same issue on all phones and tablets. This is  Ridiculous that we have to waste our time just to figure out what is wrong with our drones. We paid a lot of money for this company to fix this for us. Hopefully they will see this!!
2017-12-13
Use props
fansfe29abf7
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got my phantom 4 yesterday.... soon as I plugged it into GO it promoted me to update firmware... now I have no live transmission to camera and a flashing red and green light on my rc!
£900 for a fancy paperweight at the moment! What a load of crap
2017-12-13
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

fansfe29abf7 Posted at 2017-12-13 09:00
Got my phantom 4 yesterday.... soon as I plugged it into GO it promoted me to update firmware... now I have no live transmission to camera and a flashing red and green light on my rc!

Take it back whence you bought it and demand a refund. It's within the seven days from purchase, AND it's not fit for purpose.
2017-12-13
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Got my phantom 4 yesterday.... soon as I plugged it into GO it promoted me to update firmware... now I have no live transmission to camera and a flashing red and green light on my rc!

welcome to the club...
2017-12-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would never update a brand new DJI product right out of the box. It should be working perfectly as tested before shipment to customer. Plenty of time to update later.
2017-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got my phantom 4 yesterday.... soon as I plugged it into GO it promoted me to update firmware... now I have no live transmission to camera and a flashing red and green light on my rc!

Your RC needs updating to V1.9.3.

Edit:- have a read of this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-120357-1-1.html
2017-12-13
Use props
skyguy17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190745 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-13 11:30

As Aardvark suggested read the thread, bit of self promotion here, follow the steps I figured out to solve red/green flashing led on RC and poor/no video feed. I was also in the same position brand new P4 out of the box and update issues bricking the products... good luck
2017-12-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The update to the RC is supposed to be done alongside the aircraft for all to work correctly, which is stated in the release notes. The root cause is that there is an issue with the latest build of DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 for iOS devices, whereby the RC update is not being flagged up in the DJI Go 4 App' as needing done. Because the RC is not updated this leads to the problems as described by OP and many others recently. DJI have said they will fix on next App' release (V4.1.19 ?).
2017-12-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-13 14:10
The update to the RC is supposed to be done alongside the aircraft for all to work correctly, which is stated in the release notes. The root cause is that there is an issue with the latest build of DJI Go 4 V4.1.18 for iOS devices, whereby the RC update is not being flagged up in the DJI Go 4 App' as needing done. Because the RC is not updated this leads to the problems as described by OP and many others recently. DJI have said they will fix on next App' release (V4.1.19 ?).

Yup, and I hope that DJI do release a repaired GO 4.1.19 soon. This issue is causing quite a lot of angst with new owners who haven't yet become familiar with the update process and traps. Perhaps we'll get it as a Christmas present - along with a fixed prod firmware? ;-)
2017-12-13
Use props
Kevin Halle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone heard of when the latest fix will be available. I have a brand new P4P with the same video issues!
2017-12-22
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevin Halle Posted at 2017-12-22 11:04
Has anyone heard of when the latest fix will be available. I have a brand new P4P with the same video issues!

You could try updating DJI Go 4 to V4.1.20 which Apple store started to roll out two or three days ago.

This is the process I would use for my P4:- (Can P4P RC be updated via Assistant 2 as well ? ......... EDIT:- YES, it can)

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.

And to do the P4P RC via Assistant 2:-

2017-12-22
Use props
Kevin Halle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the reply. After talking with DJI and trying just about everything from reinstalling software to rolling back firmware and updating my Ipad3, nothing fixed it. I used my Iphone 7 it worked perfect. I'll use the mini3 for my P3P and I just ordered a mini4.
2017-12-22
Use props
BCRAIG
lvl.1
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-12-12 18:49
Aloha Cobra,

You appear to have gotten off to a very bad start.  It sounds like your iPad Mini is underpowered for the DJI GO4 app.  That may have been stated elsewhere on this Forum.  See if you can get a tablet that is about a year old or younger with a multi-processor and 2 GB of RAM.

I tried to reset back to factory settings and still get the newest firwear update and cannot reload lower versions.  How do I load lower versions?
2017-12-23
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BCRAIG Posted at 2017-12-23 08:15
I tried to reset back to factory settings and still get the newest firwear update and cannot reload lower versions.  How do I load lower versions?

Aloha BC,

Quite often a refresh of the firmware works wonders, even if only in small steps - but it gets there!  There is a web site called PhantomHelp.com.  Be sure to go there and bookmark it.

Look up the P4 and go down to software if you need DJI GO 4 and firmware if you need earlier firmware.  If you  really look at the listings, you can find one that tells you how to reset to factory defaults, maybe even a couple ways.  That web site is a gold mine and was recently updated.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-12-23
Use props
fans09919ad7
lvl.1

Ireland

Same problems with video transmission as discribes in masny posts. All was fine until updates. DJI useless
2017-12-23
Use props
BCRAIG
lvl.1
Canada

I have been trying to downgrade after i have the upgrades so I can fly my phantom 4.  Even after factory settings I still get the current firmwear so no options for downgrades... do need some help so I can fly my Phantom 4
2017-12-24
Use props
BCRAIG
lvl.1
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-13 11:30

I want to down grade the frim wear to an earlier option but assistant 2 does give me the options to select for downgrades.  setting to factory defaults just keeps all the current updates so it won't down grade.  Need some help to get my phantom 4 to fly
2017-12-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BCRAIG Posted at 2017-12-24 16:59
I want to down grade the frim wear to an earlier option but assistant 2 does give me the options to select for downgrades.  setting to factory defaults just keeps all the current updates so it won't down grade.  Need some help to get my phantom 4 to fly

You need to find a earlier version of assistant and an earlier fw, google is your friend
2017-12-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BCRAIG Posted at 2017-12-24 16:59

Why can't you fly your P4, what problems are you having ?
2017-12-25
Use props
Mjbcobra106
lvl.1
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-12-25 04:03
Why can't you fly your P4, what problems are you having ?

After I updated the drone the camera does not work green screen. Also bad reception in there my controllers flashing red and green. Like everyone else on this form we are all having the same problem because there’s a major firmware issue. I’m using an iPad mini 4 with the most updated firmware. The drone updated on the assistant on my laptop. Also I updated the remote control still have an issue not sure what to do
2017-12-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mjbcobra106 Posted at 2017-12-26 12:07
After I updated the drone the camera does not work green screen. Also bad reception in there my controllers flashing red and green. Like everyone else on this form we are all having the same problem because there’s a major firmware issue. I’m using an iPad mini 4 with the most updated firmware. The drone updated on the assistant on my laptop. Also I updated the remote control still have an issue not sure what to do

"Like everyone else on this form we are all having the same problem because there’s a major firmware issue."

Everyone else on this forum does not have these problems.

First thing you need to do is check which versions of firmware are installed, to do this power all up and check in "General settings menu/About (at bottom of menu)" in DJI Go 4. The flashing red/green on your RC seems to suggest it needs updating to V1.9.3. If the RC not updated then you will see the problems you describe.

Edit:- If the RC is at V1.9.3, then try relinking the RC to the aircraft.

If the RC needs updating to V1.9.3 then try the following:-

If using iOS device then update DJI Go 4 to V4.1.20  then try the following:-

With RC and display connected (aircraft off), and display has a good wifi connection to internet. Run DJI Go 4 and 'enter device'. Open the 'aircraft status' screen by tapping the screen at top edge where it says 'disconnected'. The top line 'Overall Status' should show if update required (this may take a few seconds to appear). If it does then tap on that and it should take you through the process to update RC. That may make the difference to your display.
There are a couple of issues with the 02.00.0106 firmware update, you may have some flight instability (or not), and there will likely be a problem when recording in 4k @ 30 fps where the video stops recording and the gimbal resets at random intervals. If either is a problem then the Beta 02.00.0600 can be requested from one of the mods which seems to resolve these issues for most.

2017-12-26
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

The mobile device should not causing the problem, because my P3A flys without the tablet as well.
At P4P+ I can not test this as the tablet is build in.
2017-12-27
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

And of course I forgot to tell that I never did upgrade not at P3A nor at P4P+. Both fly normally - right out of the box!
2017-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules