58244 213 2017-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calero911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95597 ft
Spain

mixchief Posted at 2018-3-12 06:02
I'M AFRAID MY GREMLINS ARE BACK , I have pretty much same problem and couldn't fly this weekend with the constant total transmission losses at minimal distance and height and I'm using and iPad Air 2 in airplane mode with wi-fi turned off all latest version soft and firmware. I used to think the iPhone 6 was the issue as whenever I used it mayhem would ocurr, until I swapped the battery in the iPhone and then it worked fine a couple of times. I still believe there is some sort of incompatibility between the firm and softwares all I know is I'm going nuts.

thank you for saying that, i was thinking to get an ipad just for flying, then, i hope we need to wait and let's see if dji make an update fixing that. And sorry how did you change the battery on the iphone 6? i didn't understand..
2018-3-12
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

calero911 Posted at 2018-3-12 17:16
thank you for saying that, i was thinking to get an ipad just for flying, then, i hope we need to wait and let's see if dji make an update fixing that. And sorry how did you change the battery on the iphone 6? i didn't understand..

At the Apple store. The phone batteries are good for about 2 years, I was on my third and the dreaded Apple throttling back was rendering the phone pretty much useless, since the scandal that revealed Apple was incorporating a slowdown into their firmware in order to "protect" the phone from damage due to low power, (the phone was just about useless and flying with it was impossible) they had to cut their prices of battery replacement to $30 from I think it was $75. Made my phone new again and I used it to fly once or twice since with full success. I don't know if my current issue is that or something else. I'm going to try a flight this evening with the iPad first, phone second if iPad doesn't work and if both don't I will take an axxe to the bird and cook it for dinner
2018-3-13
Use props
calero911
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95597 ft
Spain

mixchief Posted at 2018-3-13 06:03
At the Apple store. The phone batteries are good for about 2 years, I was on my third and the dreaded Apple throttling back was rendering the phone pretty much useless, since the scandal that revealed Apple was incorporating a slowdown into their firmware in order to "protect" the phone from damage due to low power, (the phone was just about useless and flying with it was impossible) they had to cut their prices of battery replacement to $30 from I think it was $75. Made my phone new again and I used it to fly once or twice since with full success. I don't know if my current issue is that or something else. I'm going to try a flight this evening with the iPad first, phone second if iPad doesn't work and if both don't I will take an axxe to the bird and cook it for dinner

hahahhahahha, talk here when you try this evening... And tell us about
2018-3-13
Use props
fans86b61fc8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12431 ft
United Kingdom

I am on 11.2.6 using the iPhone8. The support team told me the iPhone 8 is incompatible with the Mavic Pro. Can you tell me what the latest is on this issue. I spent £1,000 on the new iPhone to give me a bigger screen (Previously used the iPhone 5S which I had no problems with. So you can see how disappointed I was to find I've spent my money on the wrong phone.
2018-3-14
Use props
Paulo de Lucca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25994 ft
Brazil

Dear friends of DJi support, to 5 days my AC lost the connection with the RC, I tried by all methods to reestablish this link, by RC without the Iphone, by the RC with the Iphone, I looked for several forums to try to find a solution, until which I thought it would be better to try to restore the factory default with DJi Assistant, I could not, accuse an error, I tried to update the firmware of the AC, I also could not, after loading 100% accuse an error.

I left several messages in this forum and only one was answered, questioning me which version of DKi Assistant was using. Two days ago I answered this question and no more Manisfestação of the Support Team.

How long will we have to endure this disrespect of this company, its products are expensive and we agreed to pay to be able to use them.
I request a solution as soon as possible, or at least that they deign to answer the questions of this forum

Paulo de Lucca
2018-3-20
Use props
Milosbgd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67142 ft
Serbia

Is it possible to connect with Ios and Android phone, of course not in the same time, I am asking that because I couldn’t conect other (Android) phone to try how its work and is there differences in reception. except my primary (Iphone) its no possible to connect other phone. Thats the case and dont understand why. My concern is if something happens with the primary phone how i am going to use other one ,Spark Fly more combo
2018-3-23
Use props
Milosbgd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67142 ft
Serbia

Ios 11.2.6
2018-3-23
Use props
fansa543b3f0
New
United Kingdom

I have a sony xep and the will my drone work on the phone l have downloaded the dji app go to sign in and it says l need a china number why
2018-3-23
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

fansa543b3f0 Posted at 2018-3-23 07:51
I have a sony xep and the will my drone work on the phone l have downloaded the dji app go to sign in and it says l need a china number why

Happy to be flying with CS
2018-3-23
Use props
PavanKumar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 295 ft
India

I had connected the controller and spark to the DJI GO 4 app on Android phone and during the flight it lost connectivity and spark broke down, does anyone have solutions for this
2018-3-25
Use props
fans4d9d70be
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190210 ft

mixchief Posted at 2018-2-14 11:18
IS THAT TURD DRONE 1 OR 2.0?

it was a 2
2018-3-25
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

ios 11.3 looks good on my ipad mini 4. No problems so far.
2018-3-29
Use props
fansa54981cc
lvl.1

Ok here is the short version. DJI gets all three of my birds working by next Wednesday or a class action lawsuit will be initiated! Simple! Problem solved! I have three of their products P3P, Mavic Pro and a Inspire 1. Do the math on what I have invested. There will be no begging and coddling by this man promise you this!! If this gets deleted just google DJI class action lawsuit. I will keep everyone posted!  
2018-3-29
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

I just checked the OS version on my iPhone.  Seems I'm running 11.2.6
Does anyone else have this version?  Am I still good to go?
2018-3-30
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

I just checked and it seems my iPhone 6 plus is running 11.2.6  Am I good to go with this?
2018-3-30
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oscar Myer Posted at 2018-3-30 09:57
I just checked and it seems my iPhone 6 plus is running 11.2.6  Am I good to go with this?

I;m on the same version and one flight is crazy another is fine and so on, I also have an iPad Air 2 with the same results, same version.
2018-3-30
Use props
Oscar Myer
lvl.2
Malaysia

mixchief Posted at 2018-3-30 12:33
I;m on the same version and one flight is crazy another is fine and so on, I also have an iPad Air 2 with the same results, same version.

Hmmm... I haven't even taken my P4 out the door let alone fly it.  I'm wondering what I can expect?  I've never flown a drone.  I have it set to beginner mode and won't be flying it very high or too far away from me!!!
2018-3-31
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>

OK so now we are at 11.3 iOS firmware, updated my iPad last night, nervously lid up my I1 today and flew 2 batteries worth with not a glitch, well just one short one in which it threatened to loose image but recovered quickly, funny enough after I landed standing no more than a foot away it lost connection completely and almost does not regain it. A little detail, I flew with all wireless functions of the iPad on, I forgot to turn on airplane mode. and it didn't mess with the flight. I'm happy though I was still trembling after landing as lately I didn't know what was going to happen. So I think it is safe to go on to 11.3 iOS. Oh and no, I didn't fly over a mile I believe I made maybe 3000 feet, I know this will be considered lame, but it was as far as I need to go for my purposes.
2018-4-1
Use props
graywoulf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91033 ft
United States

Thudd Posted at 2018-3-29 13:23
ios 11.3 looks good on my ipad mini 4. No problems so far.

Thank you for that information. I have an iPad Mini 4 on order and I have just seen this thread. Had me worried until I saw how many posts there are so I just went to the last one and am working my way backwards to see the latest news.
2018-4-4
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

2018-4-5
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Would like to hear how IOS 11.3 and Go 4 4.2.8 are working.  P4A pilot here still on 4.1.17 and 10.3.3.
2018-4-6
Use props
fanscebe6dc7
New
Flight distance : 169140 ft
Norway

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2018-4-6 05:34
Would like to hear how IOS 11.3 and Go 4 4.2.8 are working.  P4A pilot here still on 4.1.17 and 10.3.3.

i have everything uppdated now. ios 11.3 and 4.2.8 on the app. but i cant get full screen on the iphone x.. whyyy? i have black bars in the corner.
2018-4-7
Use props
fansdd29246f
New
Flight distance : 21286 ft
Philippines

Hi im having trouble updating my p4 as it wont finish updating the latest firmware v02.00.0700. I am using ipad mini 4 with the latest update iOs11.3  it gave me an error that says devise is not compatible. I mean how is it possible? I am now completely helples since i had missed my bookings for having no drone to use. I already reported the error code 0x020c03 in the pop up reports upon installing the updates but Still no help was coming for me. Please help!
2018-4-8
Use props
djiuser_q0w9k0fk8TAq
lvl.2
Flight distance : 122159 ft
Canada

just updating my Ipad mini 2 to IOS 11.3 they must have just released this it further improves stability and bugs so 11.2 redundant
2018-4-8
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

My main display is a Ipad 2017 with IOS 10.3.3 and 4.1.17 Go 4.    Latest FW on AC/RC; Phantom 4 Advanced.  Do not want to touch this, yet.  All operations STABLE.

Have upgraded my IPhone 7 Plus to IOS 11.3 and added Go 4 4.2.8.   Will use the Iphone as my ‘sandbox’ for testing.  Noticed the UUID/Voluntary flight identification.  

Hope to fly later today.  Will report back.
2018-4-9
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

Was able to fly this afternoon with IOS 11.3 and Go 4 4.2.8 as described above.

Flight was STABLE all around.  A list of what was tested.  Night before flight I compared the 4.1.17 Go 4 to the new 4.2.8 for differences.  

Check all settings in Go 4
Check status lights; front lights operational
Check display link operations
Check general movement
Check all flight modes; P,S,A
Check RTH
Check all controls on RC
Check camera settings/functions
Check switch between pic/video inflight
Check intelligent flight modes
Check picture/video download SD to display device
Check obstacle avoidance

I did take the test before I could fly, as I was on an older version before; expected.   I also noticed some erroneous NFZ messages on the screen.   It appears to me that they occur whenever you are
Ready to Go (No GPS) and Ready to Go (Vision) prior to take-off.   Apparently this occurred as I was waiting for GPS lock.  Hoping DJI will look into this and correct.

As this flight was taken with an Iphone, I will update my Ipad 2017 and retest, just to be sure.

So far, all looked good and all flights were as stable as when I was on 4.1.17.
2018-4-9
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-1 15:14
OK so now we are at 11.3 iOS firmware, updated my iPad last night, nervously lid up my I1 today and flew 2 batteries worth with not a glitch, well just one short one in which it threatened to loose image but recovered quickly, funny enough after I landed standing no more than a foot away it lost connection completely and almost does not regain it. A little detail, I flew with all wireless functions of the iPad on, I forgot to turn on airplane mode. and it didn't mess with the flight. I'm happy though I was still trembling after landing as lately I didn't know what was going to happen. So I think it is safe to go on to 11.3 iOS. Oh and no, I didn't fly over a mile I believe I made maybe 3000 feet, I know this will be considered lame, but it was as far as I need to go for my purposes.

Hey mix... Was scrolling through some of your earlier comments on this post.  

In case you didn't pick up on this with the 11.3 update, I thought I'd share.... iOS 11.3 added a "beta" feature undre the new <Battery> function ( Look for <Battery> under the <Settings> app ).  Choose "Battery Health (Beta)" and you can see the remaining estimated Capacity of your battery and some subjective category of its' health.  

Your earlier estimate of two years battery life may not be a good measure of battery life.  Moreso it depends on how many times it's been recharged.  Apple claims life based on number of full charges, somewhere around 500.  
2018-4-10
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-10 05:23
Hey mix... Was scrolling through some of your earlier comments on this post.  

In case you didn't pick up on this with the 11.3 update, I thought I'd share.... iOS 11.3 added a "beta" feature undre the new  function ( Look for  under the  app ).  Choose "Battery Health (Beta)" and you can see the remaining estimated Capacity of your battery and some subjective category of its' health.  

Actually the phone before that 11.3 update already had a battery capacity gauge that maybe just got renamed, in fact the phone gave me a couple of warning messages telling me to have the battery checked. The reason I give it two years is because my previous iPhone a 3 at around 2 years started acting up. I was able to change the battery myself on that one, but it was not a fun project as my eyes are not what they used to be and I don't have the proper lighting to work on such small connectors etc. So yeah my calculation is loosely based on personal experience, your mileage may vary.
2018-4-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-10 08:43
Actually the phone before that 11.3 update already had a battery capacity gauge that maybe just got renamed, in fact the phone gave me a couple of warning messages telling me to have the battery checked. The reason I give it two years is because my previous iPhone a 3 at around 2 years started acting up. I was able to change the battery myself on that one, but it was not a fun project as my eyes are not what they used to be and I don't have the proper lighting to work on such small connectors etc. So yeah my calculation is loosely based on personal experience, your mileage may vary.

Got it!  Thanks for the feedback. I follow your thinking.  I guess I need to be thinking about having you change the battery in mine (when it comes time)!!  When the whole battery/slow down thing got going I checked on ifixit.com to see what it would take and... geez...  all I can do is "bow" and say, 'you got guts!" :-)
2018-4-11
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-11 11:40
Got it!  Thanks for the feedback. I follow your thinking.  I guess I need to be thinking about having you change the battery in mine (when it comes time)!!  When the whole battery/slow down thing got going I checked on ifixit.com to see what it would take and... geez...  all I can do is "bow" and say, 'you got guts!" :-)

I actually did the 3 battery with iFixit.com, got the battery kit from them and all, It was pretty straight forward until came time to reconnect those blasted tiny ribbon cables/connectors, everything is so small an cramped, I actually closed the phone and had to open it again because the camera didn't connect right.
2018-4-11
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2018-4-11 11:58
I actually did the 3 battery with iFixit.com, got the battery kit from them and all, It was pretty straight forward until came time to reconnect those blasted tiny ribbon cables/connectors, everything is so small an cramped, I actually closed the phone and had to open it again because the camera didn't connect right.

I've used them twice; once for adding memory to an iMac and once to add an SD drive to an 11" Air.  After reading the step-by-step three times I STILL video taped the disassembly, just in case!  All went well, but, as you say, and found out... that stuff is small!

I think I'm going to drop them a line to see if they'll start doing DJI repair videos... eh?
2018-4-11
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

WebParrot Posted at 2018-4-11 12:07
I've used them twice; once for adding memory to an iMac and once to add an SD drive to an 11" Air.  After reading the step-by-step three times I STILL video taped the disassembly, just in case!  All went well, but, as you say, and found out... that stuff is small!

I think I'm going to drop them a line to see if they'll start doing DJI repair videos... eh?

Let me tell you, that would be super duper dope!!!
2018-4-11
Use props
fans8c9d23f1
New
Brazil

O meu Drone SPARK não funciona algumas funções.

2018-4-12
Use props
djiuser_jPxNBQa7suiX
lvl.1

United States

bill.j.draper@gmail.
2018-4-12
Use props
The Risk
lvl.1

South Africa

Hi

I can’t even get into camera view the app gets stuck in the how to connect after doing the GO update
2018-4-14
Use props
agan molex
lvl.1

United States

I installed the most free iOS games in 2018:  https://iplaystoredownloadfree.c ... store-download-ios/
2018-4-15
Use props
djiuser_qOD7GfWq71v8
lvl.1

Really didn't think you Apple folk ever experienced problems with iOS ...Apple fans love iOS because it just works **
2018-4-17
Use props
Bruno Rook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4523671 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,

What is “Optimized APAS interactive experience” on the last update yesterday for the mavic air ?

Thanks
2018-4-17
Use props
XMontecristOX
New
Mexico

Hi, I bought a Mavic Pro on Dec 17, used first my iPhone 7, but upgraded to iPhone X and now I can’t open the Dji go 4 app with my email, no matter how many times I change the password or reinstall the freaking app... what can I do?
2018-4-17
Use props
Loreto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5483068 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I am done with DJI GO 4.xxxxxxx. A lot of warning windows, zones, without a way to close them....leading to not safe flying, I can´t see all the video feedback. Even with IOS 11.2 I have lost the connection several times, I have lost the command......ENOUGH is ENOUGH! I will only fly with LITCHI
2018-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules