Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How can pause a video while recording?
12375 12 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beterman
lvl.1
Germany

Hello
I have a new DJI Osmo mobile and want to use it with my samsung s7. While i am recording a video, i dont want to stop the video, but to pause it and than continue with the recording of the same video. Is it possible with the current DJI go App or do i need an another app?
Thanks
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Beterman, sorry that we do not have this function at this moment, the video cannot be paused but can only be ended.
We will transfer your suggestion to our engineers for future consideration. Thanks.
2017-12-13
Use props
fans4c709677
New
Flight distance : 8937 ft
Latvia

Hello,
This is great idea. I hope that Dji engineers will do it for us.

2017-12-26
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Is it a great idea to pause a recording, I don't think so...

- when something happens to the device while pausing, video-file will be corrupted and hard to repair...
- it's nowdays very easy to edit video-footage, so two seperate files can be stiched together very easy...
2017-12-26
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hi, thanks for the good advice.
We'll  consider to add "pause" function in later version of DJIGO3.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, the post in 5# is from our engineers, thanks for your interest and patience.
2018-1-17
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I shoot a lot of sporting events and a succession of pauses between action is important. Hitting record has a longer start up time then a pause/start and will cause me to miss important events.
2018-4-28
Use props
Haz (albuquerque NM)
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

venturedrone Posted at 2018-4-28 08:45
I shoot a lot of sporting events and a succession of pauses between action is important. Hitting record has a longer start up time then a pause/start and will cause me to miss important events.

I would also like a pause feature.
2019-1-17
Use props
erik.dubois
New

Belgium

We definitely need to be able to pause the video.
Put it on the to-do list please.

Life is not one big long film. You cut pieces from it.

Make it safe automatically if battery power is low.
2019-11-25
Use props
Bmallon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22251 ft
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-12-26 12:40
Is it a great idea to pause a recording, I don't think so...

- when something happens to the device while pausing, video-file will be corrupted and hard to repair...

I got my wife an Osmo pocket hoping she could pause the video when she records her read aloud books for her students. Pausing is huge for teachers. Unfortunately, DJI does not have this function, but she found an iPhone app that allows you to pause video when recording and it requires no editing. The files do not get corrupted and can still be edited later in Adobe or Final Cut Pro.
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_2AMjwq2iXTu2
New

Estonia

Just bought dji om 4
still no pause
Why guys? Just why?
2021-3-23
Use props
langdawg
New

United States

I use the Osmo Mobile 2 to record basketball and football games and would like to pause to cut out all the in between time.  As it is, I have to exit out of the DJI app and use the native Samsung Camera app so I don't have to stitch together 40 or 50 videos.  Just upgraded to the Osmo Mobile 4 and completely floored that there's still no pause recording feature.  A pause recording feature would be immensely useful to the sports recording community  that uses your product.  Baffling that it hasn't been there since the beginning.  
2021-4-12
Use props
Tomasz Piotr
New

Poland

Just purchased dji om 5, still no pause for videos. This thread started in 2017 so it's been 4 years since dji engineers work on the feature. SAVVY BLOKES!
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules