New Spark Firmware Released (13/12/2017)
34434 213 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Todd in Chicago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513757 ft
United States

As far as I could tell, no battery or remote update.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago
2017-12-13
Use props
Chirpz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20256 ft
United States

I'm going to wait for a few review..... call me a chicken heart.  I did have fun today hovering over a real cool cat in the field next to our house.  We stared at each other and I stayed out of reach.
2017-12-13
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 15:06
Hi, are you on iOS or on Android? After firmware update today I have searched on my Android devices and definitely cannot find the Remote ID feature. And yes, firmware update via OTG does not work (yet), only via WiFi or DJI Assistant.

I meant to write it. I’m o. iOS 11.2. So far it’s been stable, but I’m still looking forward to better latency times for video either on WiFi or OTG.

I’ll try to test out the Spark fully later today. Will post any important findings.
2017-12-13
Use props
fans40e2edc9
New

Slovakia

Arcicorsa Posted at 2017-12-13 09:06
Download here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uHLdPmxXYe6BL0Nc1pL85uiygduE3tpl/view .. But this app is translated in Czech language.. You can too find app in English..

Instantly delete link! This forum follows dji and our work is getting harder. When you want to share my work with your friends, use the message but not a public channel. Thanks djidrone.sk
2017-12-13
Use props
AmirG
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_Ratz27a Posted at 2017-12-13 10:59
For me is ok, look this 2nd. video of this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Psa4hAImKw#action=share

Tried this as well.
Failed at 99%. Made sure that the battery was 100% charged.
2017-12-14
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-13 09:11
Let's put this right before a new hysteria breaks out here. The Spark and the Mavic have some components in common, why should DJI reinvent the wheel for each drone? But the two models are in different price categories and this can only work if the cheaper one does not have all the features of the more expensive one. Nothing has been "cut" in the Spark, it has only not been released (yet). Once a Mavic 2 will come out with new features, bit by bit we might see additional functions be released for the Spark.

I don’t see spark competing with the mavic, even with all features unlocked.
Reason for preferring the mavic:

mavic flies much faster in p-mode. (I hate those sped up spark videos).
mavic has 3-axis gimbal and 4k.
mavic has much better rc range.
mavic har much more battery time.
mavic can resist more wind.
2017-12-14
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

heliman Posted at 2017-12-14 00:35

you forgot only one thing, mavic will have better support from DJI because it cost more :]
2017-12-14
Use props
gwiazd0r
lvl.2
Flight distance : 671811 ft
Australia

how did u upgrade to DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.1.22   ?
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Of course the Mavic has significant more (mainly hardware related) strengthes compared to the Spark that you have well summarised. But that was not the issue I had responded to. I had responded to the false impression that features had been "cut down" on the Spark.
2017-12-14
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI firmware update has to be very smart, always have hidden stuff, and most of the time to hinder the flight.
2017-12-14
Use props
djiuser_mxp7X0b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5272 ft
United Kingdom

I agree, the products are different enough to warrant the price difference. I mean unless it's your living and your not very good at it, no one here is on the breadline buying toys like this but to some people it seems the £600ish hike is not significant. I'm still struggling with the money I shelled out for my spark, I got a red fly more  pack for £500 (maplin a month ago)
2017-12-14
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
France

CE mode is sh|t
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

gwiazd0r Posted at 2017-12-14 02:27
how did u upgrade to DJI GO 4 App Android: V4.1.22   ?

I have the impression that it has not yet been released.
2017-12-14
Use props
fans970f7bc3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 645187 ft
Singapore

Cannot update!!!
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Can you provide some more details? Have you tried with DJI Assistant?: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads
2017-12-14
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>

I have update yesterday firmware but dji app still old, lag continue ce is very bad dji solve thsi follow suggestion enable same com system of mavic on spark, i not pretend 2 km but 500 as declare in ce is a mirage
2017-12-14
Use props
(.)(.)
First Officer

United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-14 02:52
Of course the Mavic has significant more (mainly hardware related) strengthes compared to the Spark that you have well summarised. But that was not the issue I had responded to. I had responded to the false impression that features had been "cut down" on the Spark.

This is actually false claim.
After analyzing the DJI GO 4 code, so called "mavic modes" are literary "cut down" for spark.
So, code for POI, course or home lock or any other mode is still in application but when code detects Spark, it disables these from being shown and used, which is pretty much my definition of "cutting down". At least technically.
If DJI GO 4 code is slightly modified by removing that "cut down" code, Spark does all these modes flawlessly.

Interesting fact: Even DJI is making joke of its own product calling it mammoth internally in the code.

2017-12-14
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

still not seeing the new iOS app update....
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

(.)(.) Posted at 2017-12-14 08:27
This is actually false claim.
After analyzing the DJI GO 4 code, so called "mavic modes" are literary "cut down" for spark.
So, code for POI, course or home lock or any other mode is still in application but when code detects Spark, it disables these from being shown and used, which is pretty much my definition of "cutting down". At least technically.

Nothing is false in my statement and what you are writing is all well known to me. It was/is a decision of DJI marketing not to make all these Mavic modes available for the Spark and they were never promised to come with it. And therefore nothing was "cut down" (which would imply that it has been available before). These modes were never released for the Spark so far (but might be some time in the future at DJI's discretion). "Wannabe hacker" talk will not help anybody here and only create false or unjustified claims and expectations.
2017-12-14
Use props
(.)(.)
First Officer

Croatia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-14 08:38
Nothing is false in my statement and what you are writing is all well known to me. It was/is a decision of DJI marketing not to make all these Mavic modes available for the Spark and they were never promised to come with it. And therefore nothing was "cut down" (which would imply that it has been available before). These modes were never released for the Spark so far (but might be some time in the future at DJI's discretion). "Wannabe hacker" talk will not help anybody here and only create false or unjustified claims and expectations.

Dear Sir,

Widely adopted definition of "cutting down" in context of technological products is that product is limited by active effort due to non technical reasons. That's exactly what is happening with Spark. There are third party apps that use licensed DJI SDK that can do POI (or orbit) mode on Spark without any problem. And cutting down can also apply to attempt to kill OTG support for Spark. It does not matter if functionality was documented or not... it was there and artificially taken off for undisclosed and most likely non-technical reasons. If you don't agree with definition of "cutting down", still no need for "ad hominem" arguments. Don't get me wrong, I really like DJI and its products and its open systems. There are also things I don't like like secretly emitting DroneID without user consent (with 4.1.22 it will now be non secret) or not protecting user data on their systems or sending a lot of sensitive data to mothership and being somewhat non transparent. But it's like that with pretty much every company... Anyway, there are very strong and bold technical reasons why some governments banned usage of DJI products for official needs. And it's all based on science, investigations and proofs by very competent people, not marketing BS.
2017-12-14
Use props
Matioupi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 922569 ft
France

(.)(.) Posted at 2017-12-14 09:41
Dear Sir,

Widely adopted definition of "cutting down" in context of technological products is that product is limited by active effort due to non technical reasons. That's exactly what is happening with Spark. There are third party apps that use licensed DJI SDK that can do POI (or orbit) mode on Spark without any problem. And cutting down can also apply to attempt to kill OTG support for Spark. It does not matter if functionality was documented or not... it was there and artificially taken off for undisclosed and most likely non-technical reasons. If you don't agree with definition of "cutting down", still no need for "ad hominem" arguments. Don't get me wrong, I really like DJI and its products and its open systems. There are also things I don't like like secretly emitting DroneID without user consent (with 4.1.22 it will now be non secret) or not protecting user data on their systems or sending a lot of sensitive data to mothership and being somewhat non transparent. But it's like that with pretty much every company... Anyway, there are very strong and bold technical reasons why some governments banned usage of DJI products for official needs. And it's all based on science, investigations and proofs by very competent people, not marketing BS.

I quite agree with you... i really don't like seing that feature are there and just purposely disabled...

If they are available by modding DJI GO 4 app, this means that the firmware side of the Spark is able to handle it, because a mode such as waypoint do work even after RC loss...
The App is shared by many models, so somehow I can understand that the code to control is there. The fact that the code to control is also on the AC firmware (which is model specific) is harder to understand.

I would personnaly much more prefer a busines model where you could activate sofware option to unlock some features.

In the surveying domain, many high end GNSS board work like that. All hardware are the same, but you can unlock or even rent options (like adding a constellation or getting higher frequency measurements) by a software code.

The way of doing is still a little frustrating but at least it's less hypocritical (my opinion)
2017-12-14
Use props
uscstaylor
New

United States

Thanks a lot my friend
2017-12-14
Use props
scruffs dad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1071604 ft
United Kingdom

as anyone got DJI GO 4 App iOS: V4.1.22 yet?
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

(.)(.) Posted at 2017-12-14 09:41
Dear Sir,

Widely adopted definition of "cutting down" in context of technological products is that product is limited by active effort due to non technical reasons. That's exactly what is happening with Spark. There are third party apps that use licensed DJI SDK that can do POI (or orbit) mode on Spark without any problem. And cutting down can also apply to attempt to kill OTG support for Spark. It does not matter if functionality was documented or not... it was there and artificially taken off for undisclosed and most likely non-technical reasons. If you don't agree with definition of "cutting down", still no need for "ad hominem" arguments. Don't get me wrong, I really like DJI and its products and its open systems. There are also things I don't like like secretly emitting DroneID without user consent (with 4.1.22 it will now be non secret) or not protecting user data on their systems or sending a lot of sensitive data to mothership and being somewhat non transparent. But it's like that with pretty much every company... Anyway, there are very strong and bold technical reasons why some governments banned usage of DJI products for official needs. And it's all based on science, investigations and proofs by very competent people, not marketing BS.

I am sorry to refrain from any further discussion with you. You very obviously came only into this forum for no other purpose than creating false expectations and unjustified blaming.
Everyone can see it by looking at your profile hiding all information and having created a "clean" account in this forum: https://forum.dji.com/home.php?m ... uuid=45a939e846f726

I won't ask how old you are either. You believe to have superior knowledge and possibilities through hacked software that is easily available for everyone who is looking for it. But luring people who you consider "innocent and uninformed users" (to say it gently) into using this unofficial software and potentially depriving them from their warranty rights if anything goes wrong comes more than close to unethical behaviour, sorry to say. You won't suffer, but they will.
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

scruffs dad Posted at 2017-12-14 12:31
as anyone got DJI GO 4 App iOS: V4.1.22 yet?

It does not look like, no reports so far. We have no other choice than to wait (im)patiently I believe.
2017-12-14
Use props
eyes_less_graph
First Officer

Croatia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-14 12:35
I am sorry to refrain from any further discussion with you. You very obviously came only into this forum for no other purpose than creating false expectations and unjustified blaming.
Everyone can see it by looking at your profile hiding all information and having created a "clean" account in this forum: https://forum.dji.com/home.php?m ... uuid=45a939e846f726

Dear Sir,

First, I apologize for the change of my nickname. I've got a warning about "offensive characters" in my nickname, which were supposed to be like eyes "(.)(.)" looking down... but I guess somebody finds that offensive (or having weird mind) so trying to be totally compliant.

Second, please don't put in my mouth words I did not say. I didn't recommend any software, there is no names mentioned, no brands, no nothing... I was just making arguments of why I consider DJI GO 4 being "cut down" for Spark.

Third, "clean" account is  unfortunate necessity, as there are reports (with proof) that DJI was not able to keep personal info safe and I don't prefer to share it with the rest of the world. There is even recommendation from DJI stuff, not to register with real names and data to ensure maximum safety of personal information.

Fourth, what's the purpose of licensing SDK if using software developed with it voids the warranty? Are you sure this is the case for licensed and approved third party apps?
2017-12-14
Use props
fans458741a6
lvl.1
United States

TudorD Posted at 2017-12-13 02:59
The firmware is available but the app, as usual, not. But a lot of European users are waiting for the OTG return and for a solution for Android users. No word about those problems.

The firmware is compulsory as the last one or not?

They had the android app working pretty good, but now same crappy connection and dropouts on the slowly updating video as a few months ago. Will they ever get the android app right?
2017-12-14
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can we get back on topic here.  If a morality thread needs to be opened, so be it; but this thread is about the new firmware.
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-12-14 15:05
Can we get back on topic here.  If a morality thread needs to be opened, so be it; but this thread is about the new firmware.

Thank you, I couldn't agree more!
2017-12-14
Use props
LOMELI
lvl.4
Flight distance : 887031 ft
Netherlands

So, I finally got my OTG connected and flew my spark.

I got my Netherlands flag and found the same problems with the APP. No information regarding connection channels and no way to change altitude and distance restrictions.

Everything else works as it has been working before. I found no difference.

My spark was giving me breaks in video and RC diconections as close as 200 mts.  

To me it seems that WiFi connection rather than OTG is working better when it comes to latancy and connection reliability.

I will be expecting more input from other users.
2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

LOMELI Posted at 2017-12-14 15:49
So, I finally got my OTG connected and flew my spark.

I got my Netherlands flag and found the same problems with the APP. No information regarding connection channels and no way to change altitude and distance restrictions.

You have the app version 4.1.22?
If so, that will be the first reported one
2017-12-14
Use props
Kirbz252
Second Officer
Flight distance : 360138 ft
Australia

Updated to .0800 with an iPhone X running iOS 11.2.1 with app version 4.1.18 connect to RC via WiFi. No issues, although the update did seem to take a little longer than normal.
2017-12-14
Use props
jerzee flyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 447096 ft
United States

does the new upgrade fix the wifi issues that the android has after 1000 feet
2017-12-14
Use props
fans970f7bc3
lvl.1
Singapore

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-14 06:57
Can you provide some more details? Have you tried with DJI Assistant?: https://www.dji.com/spark/info#downloads

Manage to update after pair mobile to Spark. BTW DJI Assistant 2 latest version does not work on windows 10. I have never get my spark to connect via that apps and just wondering does it really work?
2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Australia

fans970f7bc3 Posted at 2017-12-14 17:32
Manage to update after pair mobile to Spark. BTW DJI Assistant 2 latest version does not work on windows 10. I have never get my spark to connect via that apps and just wondering does it really work?

Works on Win10 for me, and a lot of others that I have seen on here.

Possibly try removing and reinstalling the program.
Are you switching the Spark on when you connect it to your computer?
2017-12-14
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft
Czechia

fans970f7bc3 Posted at 2017-12-14 17:32
Manage to update after pair mobile to Spark. BTW DJI Assistant 2 latest version does not work on windows 10. I have never get my spark to connect via that apps and just wondering does it really work?

Latest Dji Assistant 2 work on my Win10 Pro 64Bit correctly.. I use it for FW upgrade on V01.00.0800... W10_1.png
W10_2.png
2017-12-14
Use props
Iguana007
lvl.1
Singapore

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-12-14 17:42
Works on Win10 for me, and a lot of others that I have seen on here.

Possibly try removing and reinstalling the program.

Try uninstall and reinstall and still not able to get it work.

Spark was power on when connecting to apps
2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Australia

Iguana007 Posted at 2017-12-14 17:45
Try uninstall and reinstall and still not able to get it work.

Spark was power on when connecting to apps

Do you get any error messages?
2017-12-14
Use props
Iguana007
lvl.1
Singapore

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-12-14 17:47
Do you get any error messages?

No error message.
2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Australia

The only issues I have ever seen is people not having the drone switched on BEFORE plugging the cable in.

If you have a look through https://forum.dji.com/thread-94499-1-1.html it looks like there are some additional things you could try
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules