Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

2017-12-13
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 990256 ft
Poland

Nice one! What is your application for this device?
2017-12-14
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Pawell Posted at 2017-12-14 01:36
Nice one! What is your application for this device?

Not Mine . just sharing .. anyway i was wonder the same question
2017-12-14
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Poland

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2017-12-14 01:38
Not Mine . just sharing .. anyway i was wonder the same question

I always thought it was super cool to fly the aircraft and spray, but I just don't get the point. If you have a small spot to adress, so small you wouldn't go there with more serious equipment is it cost effective to get a drone just for that?
The tank seems small, and the flight time is low - why bother?
Imagine a x10 scale model for firefighters!
2017-12-14
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Pawell Posted at 2017-12-14 02:01
I always thought it was super cool to fly the aircraft and spray, but I just don't get the point. If you have a small spot to adress, so small you wouldn't go there with more serious equipment is it cost effective to get a drone just for that?

I've seen a concept produced for that already. Doesn't carry the water, it carries the hose. No way you could carry enough water in a tank with a UAV at this point.
2017-12-14
Use props
RICARDO CHEES
lvl.4

Peru

Pawell Posted at 2017-12-14 02:01

Dear Pawell
Agree, the Agras tank seems small but you can spray a product in highly concentrated doses. The water is only a vehicle for applying an active product (the amount of water to dissolve it is relative). For example, spraying on foot-backpack requires almost 200 liters of water and let's say 300 ml or cc. of active product for hectare (2.47 acres), but that amount of water is calculated for walking the crop. In the case of aerial spraying, (airplanes) the amount of water needed is reduced in almost 90% and at that altitude, you lose almost 40% of the product only by the wind effect and a few more because of temperature. So it is possible to make a good application with the Agras 10-liter tank and still be effective, the proof is the water-sensitive paper that registers the amount and size of the droplets in a determined area. That's all that counts.

About the batteries, we all wish the batteries last longer, but for now, this is what we have. As a fact, just tested on field one battery lasted for spraying 1.7 hectares (4.2 acres) at an average speed of 18 km/h.

The Agras is good for some type of crops, rice, wheat, cotton, soja, sugar, that are very dense and difficult to access by foot or with machinery.

Regards
2018-4-24
Use props
Pawell
lvl.4
Poland

RICARDO CHEES Posted at 2018-4-24 13:02
Dear Pawell
Agree, the Agras tank seems small but you can spray a product in highly concentrated doses. The water is only a vehicle for applying an active product (the amount of water to dissolve it is relative). For example, spraying on foot-backpack requires almost 200 liters of water and let's say 300 ml or cc. of active product for hectare (2.47 acres), but that amount of water is calculated for walking the crop. In the case of aerial spraying, (airplanes) the amount of water needed is reduced in almost 90% and at that altitude, you lose almost 40% of the product only by the wind effect and a few more because of temperature. So it is possible to make a good application with the Agras 10-liter tank and still be effective, the proof is the water-sensitive paper that registers the amount and size of the droplets in a determined area. That's all that counts.

That's a very interesting take on the matter! Thanks for sharing!
This combined with a NVDI map would be perfect for a high-tech farm.
2018-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules