Question about flying indoors
860 3 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LAphil
lvl.2
United States

I just turned my Spark on indoors and it rose into the air as it does when you turn it on from your hand (I wasn't using the RC.)

It felt like it was automatically going to rise up until I grabbed it. For reference, I'm six feet and it was about to go higher than I am and hit the ceiling.

I know it rises four feet on startup. Is that four feet from the floor or four feet from its starting position? As in, should I sit on the floor to start it up, so that it will only rise 4 ft from that position to avoid it hitting the ceiling?

Or if I start it from the floor using the RC, will that be safer?

Thanks
2017-12-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Indoors, always start from the floor, auto take-off should raise it to 4ft.

Remember stability won't be as good as you won't have gps,  also make it as bright as possible with all the lights on etc. so the VPS works better.
It may not hover well if the floor doesn't have a pattern on it, so you'll have to be more watch full on the controls. Watch out for any compass interference and quickly land if your starting to get these

VISION SYSTEM
Velocity Range
≤22.4 mph (36 kph) at 6.6 ft (2 m) above ground
Altitude Range
0-26 ft (0 - 8 m)
Operating Range
0-98 ft (0 - 30 m)
Operating Environment
Detects clearly patterned surfaces with adequate lighting (lux>15) and diffuse reflectivity (>20%)

Turn on obstacle avoidance and put on propeller guards

Watch out for the critical battery return to home it may RTH at 100ft which means it will hit the roof if it disconnects for some reason, indoors I have the RC disconnect set to hover.

Choose 5.8ghz frequency, due to a lot of interference on the 2.4ghz mode, it may already default to this if your using OTG

2017-12-13
Use props
LAphil
lvl.2
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-13 12:19
Indoors, always start from the floor, auto take-off should raise it to 4ft.

Remember stability won't be as good as you won't have gps,  also make it as bright as possible with all the lights on etc. so the VPS works better.

Thanks kindly
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Please follow the advice above. We would recommend you avoid things which have a bad influence on 3D Vision System. Please mount props guard on your spark when you fly indoor.
3D VISION SYSTEM.png
2017-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules