can anyone tell me where can i fly legally. loc:colorado
12659 32 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maskofwraith
lvl.1
United States

Hi ,

I'm having a hard time trying to find a place fly.

looks like its illegal to fly everywhere. Including near highways, near houses , parks, national forests , state parks etc.

If someone can tell me where can i fly safely without getting in trouble. I live in denver willing to travel an hour to fly.

Thanks really appriciate it
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

More than 5 miles from an airport, under 400' AGL - head out to a nearby empty field at sun rise, put the low noise props on and just fly it.
2017-12-13
Use props
maskofwraith
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 12:11
More than 5 miles from an airport, under 400' AGL - head out to a nearby empty field at sun rise, put the low noise props on and just fly it.

well there is no empty field here. everyone owns everything
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bring up google maps and look for empty spaces such as beaches, large parks (not national parks or conservation areas), mountain ranges etc. There must be something like that in Denver...
2017-12-13
Use props
maskofwraith
lvl.1
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 12:28
Bring up google maps and look for empty spaces such as beaches, large parks (not national parks or conservation areas), mountain ranges etc. There must be something like that in Denver...

tried that. we don't have beaches , all the parks banned the drones. If anyone know any park or place in mountain range that i can safely fly in denver. id be thankful
2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

maskofwraith Posted at 2017-12-13 13:51
tried that. we don't have beaches  , all the parks banned the drones. If anyone know any park or place in mountain range that i can safely fly in denver. id be thankful

Gosh that is hard then - perhaps people more local to you can help but in the interim if you go to YouTube and search drones in Denver you may see familiar surroundings from other peoples footage - I've found great places in Southeast England doing that which I I never even knew existed.
2017-12-13
Use props
GHz-Drew
lvl.3
United States

I feel your pain, I live in Colorado Springs. Honestly, the best places are in the mountains away from everyone. I have also heard that taking off in parks is against an ordinance passed by the city but flying into a park is not against the ordinance. Not sure how much weight that carries and definitely would NOT try it in a State Park.
2017-12-13
Use props
maskofwraith
lvl.1
United States

GHz-Drew Posted at 2017-12-13 14:13
I feel your pain, I live in Colorado Springs. Honestly, the best places are in the mountains away from everyone. I have also heard that taking off in parks is against an ordinance passed by the city but flying into a park is not against the ordinance. Not sure how much weight that carries and definitely would NOT try it in a State Park.

im okay even if its in mountains. but not sure which mountain comes under national park. While im driving thought the glenwood springs i see lot of good places that i can use my drone to film. But is it legal pull your car to shoot. What if this place is in some kind of national forest .
2017-12-13
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I thought all of you in CO were legally flying in CO ;-)
2017-12-13
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2017-12-13 14:55
I thought all of you in CO were legally flying in CO ;-)

;)        
2017-12-13
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

I found this on another site, somebody also looking in CO for where to fly.

"I welcome him to reach out to me as we own a "drone store" in Castle Rock at http://multicopterwarehouse.com
Maybe they can advise..??
2017-12-13
Use props
maskofwraith
lvl.1
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2017-12-13 15:18
I found this on another site, somebody also looking in CO for where to fly.

"I welcome him to reach out to me as we own a "drone store" in Castle Rock at http://multicopterwarehouse.com

Thank you. i found a place Dillon Reservoir. it seems to be you can fly here . but im open for more places
2017-12-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft
United States

I know its on the other side of the state, but the National Forests (not parks) seem to be wide open.  I've flown around Ouray and Silverton with no problems.  Just avoid the Wildlife Areas.  Most of these area have tons of ATV/Jeep traffic.  

https://www.fs.fed.us/science-te ... ems/responsible-use
2017-12-13
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Maybe looking at the AirMap in the Denver area will help:

Denver AirMap
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

maskofwraith Posted at 2017-12-13 12:24
well there is no empty field here. everyone owns everything

Hi, sir. Please contact the local authority and you can check the NFZ and relevant regulation through our website: https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=footer.
2017-12-14
Use props
Zane Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>
United States

Legally you an fly anywhere that is unregulated airspace.  now take off and landing is another story.  You need to make sure to take off and land from area that is clear of those pesky local ordinances.   This may mean simply taking off from the side of the road rather than ten feet to the left in that nice grass over there, well someone has claimed that grass and they will poop their pants if they see a drone flying around above it.   As long as you and your landing zone aren’t in their property bounds you are good to go.   If you take off and land in the right place no one can do anything about it.  Sometimes you have to fight for your rights in this ‘Free Country’,  and part of that is knowing your rights.  Study local Airspace maps and find the local ordinances and their maps compare the two and fly with confidence.  In boulder the airport has released a map for drone operators to know safe distance from the airport and guess what its an educated air map with different altitude limitations for different areas near the airport, not an all out ban to five miles radius.  
2017-12-19
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Do keep in mind that the National Forests are not necessarily in a National Park.
2017-12-19
Use props
mparron04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358734 ft
United States

Can  I fly in Colorado Springs with my DJI Spark?
2018-7-17
Use props
mparron04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358734 ft
United States

Can I fly my drone in Boulder?
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Talk to this guy his name is Danny F and lives in Colorado out in the country,

2018-7-17
Use props
Yraegel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

I live in north Denver. I fly all over the place. I don't know what laws you're referring too but there is an FAA app that shows airports and restricted airspace. It's called B4UFly. A lot of restrictions are based on hospitals with helicopter operations. I've tried to get information from the closest one but no one seems to know/care. The national restriction is basically no higher than 400 feet AGL and you cannot fly beyond your line of sight to the drone. There are some municipal ordinances you can check. Greenwood Village for example. Don't fly over Fiddler's Green.
http://statedronelaw.com/state/colorado/ - nice clickable map
https://www.dronethusiast.com/drone-laws-colorado/
Here's an article with some comments from the local DJI Store owner:
https://www.denverpost.com/2018/ ... cle-rules-colorado/
2018-7-17
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I live 6 miles from a airbase and the B4UFLY tells me flight prohibited because I'm within 5 miles  but the DJI GO App  isn't showing any restrictions  when  enter the  camera view , I haven't bought a drone yet so I hope the DJI app will let me start up when I do ?
2018-7-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mparron04 Posted at 2018-7-17 14:51
Can  I fly in Colorado Springs with my DJI Spark?

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, aside from the country policy, you might be considered your location if it's restricted with our Geo Zone Map. Please see the link below.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-7-18
Use props
scmike
New
Flight distance : 128930 ft
United States

The only "National Parks" nearby are Rocky Mountain National Park. Everything else in the mountains is pretty much National Forest or BLM land, and you can fly your drone in both of those. I fly mine all over the place in Colorado. Just go out of the city and find an open area.

Table Mesa in Golden
Green Mountain by Lakewood
Anywhere along Highway 93 between Golden and Boulder
Pretty much anywhere in the foothills or mountains
Cherry Creek State Park has a designated drone area
Lots of parks outside Denver county are still legal (Parks in Denver county are prohibited)
2018-9-12
Use props
Maverick 2 Zulu
lvl.1
United States

Hi all, newbie here, not just on this site/forum, but also a new drone pilot.  I've had my Mavic 2 Zoom about a week now and looking to fly it around the Aurora Reservoir area.  I'm getting conflicting reports out of Airmap and B4UFLY apps whether it's safe/legal to fly there.  I do plan to fly anywhere between 100-200 ft, but nothing higher and was hoping to takeoff/land in a safe area around there.  I don't think there's any ordinances based on several sites I found, but someone here might have better info.  Any advice, suggestions, recommendations?
2019-5-31
Use props
JONRON303
New
United States

Hi all...  seeing if anyone has anymore recent updates on places to fly.
2019-10-19
Use props
Max Sperlich
New

United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-13 12:28

Actually im just looking. Mountain ranges are even off limits.
2019-11-6
Use props
Max Sperlich
New

United States

scmike Posted at 2018-9-12 22:26
The only "National Parks" nearby are Rocky Mountain National Park. Everything else in the mountains is pretty much National Forest or BLM land, and you can fly your drone in both of those. I fly mine all over the place in Colorado. Just go out of the city and find an open area.

Table Mesa in Golden

This is no true. I have done the research. Even on 14ers your are not allowed to fly drones. It says national forests as well. However from my research you can fly it in these areas as long as you take off and land from the proper areas
2019-11-6
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Max Sperlich Posted at 11-6 22:53
Actually im just looking. Mountain ranges are even off limits.

Good luck on your search
2019-11-8
Use props
djiuser_0tvk0bNMwtDs
New

United States

Max Sperlich Posted at 2019-11-6 23:00
This is no true. I have done the research. Even on 14ers your are not allowed to fly drones. It says national forests as well. However from my research you can fly it in these areas as long as you take off and land from the proper areas

I call B/S on this. Please provide references where it says national forests are off limits. I've done the research and I dont see national forests being off limits, unless specifically designated as wilderness areas.
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_0tvk0bNMwtDs
New

United States

djiuser_0tvk0bNMwtDs Posted at 5-24 14:24
I call B/S on this. Please provide references where it says national forests are off limits. I've done the research and I dont see national forests being off limits, unless specifically designated as wilderness areas.

In fact: check fs.usda.gov managing-land/fire/aviation/uas/responsible-use
2020-5-24
Use props
djiuser_nMoGGXhcJRbU
New

United States

GHz-Drew Posted at 2017-12-13 14:13

I’m visiting Colorado Springs is there anywhere you found that allows flying?
2021-8-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

djiuser_nMoGGXhcJRbU Posted at 8-2 18:47
I’m visiting Colorado Springs is there anywhere you found that allows flying?

Google Colorado Springs drone regulations. As long as you launch and recover outside the boundaries, you CAN fly over National Parks. There should be pulloffs along the mountain roads for sightseeing. If not in a NP, you should be good there too.
2021-8-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules