Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO 4 App Disconnects on Background
1088 9 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Celso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194 ft
Portugal

Hi there,

So, is it normal when using DJI GO 4 App on IOS it just disconnects if for example I go to Home Screen on the iphone?
I'm using an iPhone 5s.

Thanks for your help

2017-12-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure your mobile is on the latest IOS 11.2 (not 11.1.2). If not, delete the GO 4 app, upgrade the phone to 11.2, reboot the phone and reinstall the app and the crashes will stop.
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Celso
lvl.4
Portugal

Its not a Crash, the app just shows "Disconnected" if the app stays in background for more than 1 sec.
I just wan't to know if its normal or not, because in a flight if I accidently press the Home button the app disconnects and to connect again I have to take the cable out an put again.

The app is recently installed for the first time now, Im on 11.2 IOS

Thanks
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DJI Celso Posted at 2017-12-13 14:58
Its not a Crash, the app just shows "Disconnected" if the app stays in background for more than 1 sec.
I just wan't to know if its normal or not, because in a flight if I accidently press the Home button the app disconnects and to connect again I have to take the cable out an put again.

Hi, sir. Please note that it is normal if you can regain control through plugging in the cable again. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Celso
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-14 00:43
Hi, sir. Please note that it is normal if you can regain control through plugging in the cable again. Thanks for your support.

Hi Elektra, thanks for your reply.

Don't you think it's a safety problem that DJI should solve? Or at least put that in the manual?
2017-12-14
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Yes the app remains in the background.

I am recently IOS user (iPad mini 4) and found this while was making sure not to run dji go 4 in the backround when using litch app.

To close any app in the background just press home button towice all apps will be shown and you can remove any.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

DJI Celso Posted at 2017-12-14 01:38
Hi Elektra, thanks for your reply.

Don't you think it's a safety problem that DJI should solve? Or at least put that in the manual?

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry that it causes trouble. I would forward your suggestion.
2017-12-16
Use props
fansde8e07b8
lvl.2
Malaysia

Would be great if DJI GO4 app could enable background app refresh for iOS just like other app does.

For those who doesn’t need it could just turn it off in iOS settings background app refresh page.

I’ve always needed to switch app to check the full resolution photo of the Mavic to check for critical focus. Since the DJI GO app image viewer doesn’t show actual full res image even after downloading the full res jpeg. I had to switch to another app called Documents Pro by Olive Toast, import the full res image and pixel peep there to check for critical focus. By the time I switch back to DJI GO, the app is disconnected and have to replug the cable again each time.

Very troublesome and causes unnecessary wear and tear to the connectors.

I hope that DJI would take this into serious consideration of enabling background app refresh feature to their iOS app.
2018-1-4
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I agree, letting the app run in the background should have been implemented a long time ago. I want to be able to active track myself just by connecting to my mavic using wifi and be able to pop my phone in my pocket while I do stuff knowing I can pull it out and unlock it to be straight back in the app and in control of my mavic.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Celso
lvl.4
Portugal

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-24 09:00
I agree, letting the app run in the background should have been implemented a long time ago. I want to be able to active track myself just by connecting to my mavic using wifi and be able to pop my phone in my pocket while I do stuff knowing I can pull it out and unlock it to be straight back in the app and in control of my mavic.

Yes, if you lock your phone for example, even accidently the app disconnects, the only ways is to take the cable out and reconnect, if you dont take the cable out you can close DJI Go 4 App a million times and it does not connect again.
2018-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules