Are small vibrations normal?
844 11 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

After seeing several videos about massive vibrations and jello effect other users are having, my question is:

Is normal to have small vibrations like one 0.5sec jiggle every 60 seconds?

Do you experience some?

2017-12-13
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

small vibrations here and there is normal (depends on a lot of factors such as wind, speed etc) but every 60 seconds not so much. Could you maybe post some sample footage so we can understand better?
2017-12-13
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Norway

travelrikk Posted at 2017-12-13 15:06
small vibrations here and there is normal (depends on a lot of factors such as wind, speed etc) but every 60 seconds not so much. Could you maybe post some sample footage so we can understand better?

Yeah maybe is less than every 60s, I will check my footage next saturday and post a video. Maybe is every 4-6 minutes. I just recall that everytime I watch a 18 min recording I see 2-3 moments with a tiny vibration
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

eried Posted at 2017-12-13 16:03
Yeah maybe is less than every 60s, I will check my footage next saturday and post a video. Maybe is every 4-6 minutes. I just recall that everytime I watch a 18 min recording I see 2-3 moments with a tiny vibration

Hi, sir. Please post your original video and you can upload to youtube or dropbox, then post the link here. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Micro shakes (as they call it) were a big problem on the Mavic when first launched but FW updates have fixed the issue in recent months. You may get the odd one depending on certain conditions as previously mentioned but not that often.
2017-12-14
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just went through 2 brand new Mavic Pros right in a row that both did the same thing. Even with the most recent firmware update which didn't fix it. A run of bad units maybe? I finally gave up and exchanged it for a P4P, but still want to get another MP Platinum eventually if DJI can ever get it straightened out....

LS
2017-12-14
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

Do any of you, who have this problem, use the new "quiet" props, perchance?
2017-12-14
Use props
fansd7c33cb8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27792 ft
Brazil

Hi, I'm coming from Phantom 3 Professional And Phantom 4 Advanced. The suspension of Mavic Gimbal is very soft and the Gimbal is visible affected by Mavic movement and wind. I don't have problem to make video in windy conditions or yam movement with Phantom 4 Advanced. I've realized horizontal vibration in video when I make yaw movement (look attached footage) or gimbal pitch move with forward movement.
Is it normal with Mavic? Any tip to fix this small vibrations?

2017-12-14
Use props
fansd7c33cb8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27792 ft
Brazil

fansd7c33cb8 Posted at 2017-12-14 12:03
Hi, I'm coming from Phantom 3 Professional And Phantom 4 Advanced. The suspension of Mavic Gimbal is very soft and the Gimbal is visible affected by Mavic movement and wind. I don't have problem to make video in windy conditions or yam movement with Phantom 4 Advanced. I've realized horizontal vibration in video when I make yaw movement (look attached footage) or gimbal pitch move with forward movement.
Is it normal with Mavic? Any tip to fix this small vibrations?
https://youtu.be/2TXlpwLeTuA

Look the buildings, you can see small horizontal vibrations.
2017-12-14
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

Had a mini judder in my flight today (MPP). Interestingly it coincides with a amperage ramp and that in turn happened as the MPP hit a small gust of higher wind speed. Presumably it was not so much the wind impacting the gimbal assembly, more likely the motors ramping up revs to maintain position and counter the micro gust. Most likely in this case, some transient harmonic (higher frequency vibration) going through the airframe, causing the gimbal to try and compensate, but going in and out of phase with the temporary vibration. Have seen similar with my Spark - high-ish winds at 400ft - and caught on a turn into the prevailing wind.
2017-12-14
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

fansd7c33cb8 Posted at 2017-12-14 12:07
Look the buildings, you can see small horizontal vibrations.

I've just had a look at your video - and I don't think there are any noticeable gimbal anomalies. Its a bright day and it looks like you have a high shutter speed ... so maybe what you are seeing is temporal strobing due to the high contrast differences from one frame to the next (the modern nearer buildings). Note the perceived higher amount along the leading edge of the 'olive green' upper story section, relative to the sky behind.
2017-12-14
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Norway

Here is an example video of these vibrations (minute 2:31):

I am using the new propellers and it seems that I experience little vibrations when doing something like going forward or downwards, but I checked all my last videos and they do not happen very often, only about once every couple mins
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules