Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Google Pixel 2 XL on Oreo 8.1 - can't access mic
123Next >
6531 94 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ADL1
lvl.1
United States

Sad to hear that the updated "DJI GO V3.1.26 APP" still doesn't fix the issue. I posted a thread here to just let DJI know that there are still a lot of folks waiting for this issue to be fixed. Does DJI test the updated app with related phones (such as Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL with latest android system)? Further more, I would assume this issue may also exist on OSMO Mobile 2 also. Waiting for DJI's response!!
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansdd69fd5d Posted at 2018-1-22 13:23
I updated the app and the issue is still there. Honestly this is embarrassing now.

Sorry to read on this, do you mean the mic still cannot be accessed to record audio? Do you get the same message like OP posted? What is the model of your phone? Any chance to post the screenshot of error and the mic access to DJI Go in your phone Settings here?
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI User7377
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 01:26
Sorry to read on this, do you mean the mic still cannot be accessed to record audio? Do you get the same message like OP posted? What is the model of your phone? Any chance to post the screenshot of error and the mic access to DJI Go in your phone Settings here?

It's very sad for owners of Pixel 2 like me... I spent my money thinking that Dji was a trusted brand but by the way you are going just thinking in IOS you are gonna loose all the costumers. I updated the APP for the Osmo mobile with Pixel 2 and all the problems persist the mic doesn't work so you can't record a video,the menu for resolution doesn't exist, you can't switch between cameras because the APP keeps crashing...all that I can think os that you updated the APP only for the Osmo mobile 2. And gave false hopes to your customers that have a Google Pixel 2 wich os the best camera of the market, not iPhone but the Pixel 2! I bought the Osmo mobile and all the acessories for professional use,now I feel sad for the wrong choice.

Kind regards

Hugo Pedro (Portugal)
2018-1-23
Use props
MultipleShots
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1596437 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI User7377 Posted at 2018-1-23 11:06
It's very sad for owners of Pixel 2 like me... I spent my money thinking that Dji was a trusted brand but by the way you are going just thinking in IOS you are gonna loose all the costumers. I updated the APP for the Osmo mobile with Pixel 2 and all the problems persist the mic doesn't work so you can't record a video,the menu for resolution doesn't exist, you can't switch between cameras because the APP keeps crashing...all that I can think os that you updated the APP only for the Osmo mobile 2. And gave false hopes to your customers that have a Google Pixel 2 wich os the best camera of the market, not iPhone but the Pixel 2! I bought the Osmo mobile and all the acessories for professional use,now I feel sad for the wrong choice.

I agree- I bought the OSMO to use with my Pixel 2 XL hoping to get the best video experience possible. The app is terrible and basically worthless for anything other than basic techniques using the default camera app or Filmic Pro. I can't believe DJI cannot solve this issue. Disappointed and will discourage anyone that is considering an OSMO.
2018-1-23
Use props
fans2fce2684
lvl.1
United States

MultipleShots Posted at 2018-1-23 11:51
I agree- I bought the OSMO to use with my Pixel 2 XL hoping to get the best video experience possible. The app is terrible and basically worthless for anything other than basic techniques using the default camera app or Filmic Pro. I can't believe DJI cannot solve this issue. Disappointed and will discourage anyone that is considering an OSMO.

Ive got exactly the same problems with my Pixel 2

DJI you should not sell this product as suitable for Android if we cant use it.

My problems are:-

1. Cannot record video. Allow DJI GO to access your Mic when you check the app it has permission already, if you try to switch it off it says this will make the app unstable

2. As soon as you turn the camera to selfie mode it crashes the app and it wont open again, you have to re-install it, all very tedious

I have a Mavic Pro with no problems so i bought the Osmo mobile assuming i was buying a product that would work as well as the Mavic

Its not

Please refund my purchase price and ill buy from another manufacturer

2018-1-23
Use props
hPL1ZdqG4taq
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-23 01:26
Sorry to read on this, do you mean the mic still cannot be accessed to record audio? Do you get the same message like OP posted? What is the model of your phone? Any chance to post the screenshot of error and the mic access to DJI Go in your phone Settings here?

You already have all the images and logs provided here in this thread and other threads created for the same issue. Please take a more careful look.

I just updated the apk on my Pixel 2 XL and issue is still there. Update contained "Osmo 2 Support" which shows you are working on new stuff but don't care about issues on older product like Osmo Mobile.

I will return this and not buy any DJI product as well as make sure anyone I know is aware of this about DJI.

2018-1-23
Use props
Meowjustin
lvl.1

United States

I updated and have the same issues as before.

Pixel 2 XL
Oreo 8.1.0
2018-1-23
Use props
neldy
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-22 00:19
Sir, DJI GO V3.1.26 APP for Android has been released in stages, please update when it is available for you. Thank you for the patience.

Android application updated, however still experiencing the exact same issue still.

This is just crazy.

Pixel 2 still does not work in the Osmo. Where can I get my money back?
2018-1-23
Use props
ADL1
lvl.1
United States

Here will be my proposal to DJI to add a sticker (better to be shining red color) on all their products with below notes to all customers:
1. DJI cares about iPhone users the most. Please be noted that if you don't use iPhone, don't expect our fully or true support.
2. The DJI app fix doesn't always mean it actually fixed the problem. Please be aware that we also have managers so that we have to publish something to show that we are doing something. Users will need to test the "something" and tell us something. This is how it works. You got me?!
3. Please be noted that not only the DJI products are made in China.  We are actually a company in China.  Company in China!!!! Did you get the point!!!!
2018-1-23
Use props
spokanedronepho
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4935102 ft
United States

I have the same issue with my osmo mobile and pixel xl 2
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, it seems all your mobile devices are Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL, I'm so so sorry that the issue persists with these two phones, I have forwarded it to our engineers for further investigation, I will keep you updated if there is any update, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-24
Use props
StudioJPro
lvl.1
United States

That response was simply ignorant in my opinion. The original post was a problem with Pixel 2 XL and Android 8.1. (screenshots and all). Now close to 2 months and 30 somewhat posts later you are finally getting an engineer to look at it? Wow... just... Wow. Looks like the focus of the last update was mostly for Samsung Galaxy 8 phone stability. Pixel 2 XL phones have an even better camera on it if not the best in the industry. TONS if videos reviewing them! Your just now looking at the problem that was reported months ago on a device that was specifically mentioned multiple times. Priorities are important to keeping customers happy.
2018-1-24
Use props
fansdd69fd5d
lvl.1

Australia

That response shows how little they care about Android. The pixel 2 is the best mobile camera on the market and they can't even get a solution to show off it's capabilities. I bet if it was iOS they would have jumped through hoops straight away. I'm now stuck with a device I can't use. Wonder if the osmo Mobile 2 has the same issues.
2018-1-24
Use props
apkhou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3802 ft
United States

wow! -- its been close to two years -- since i got rid of the osmo mobile for lack of android support (at that time it was nexus 5x) ... and then i bought smooth 2..........

trust me guys -- the situation is not good with zy as well -- very bad when it comes to android ... so, now that the osmo mobile 2 is out, i just came back to see the forums what the situation at dji is for pixel 2 xl ... and it looks like -- nothing has changed.

Reading this thread -- i can say - nothing has changed in the last 2 years.. same crap. same lack of support for android -- and i dont think anything will change in the future.

i am dropping my plans to buy the osmo mobile 2 -- for now. not worth this - stone walling dumb answers that you get from the admins here.
2018-1-24
Use props
fans2fce2684
lvl.1
United States

apkhou Posted at 2018-1-24 18:37
wow! -- its been close to two years -- since i got rid of the osmo mobile for lack of android support (at that time it was nexus 5x) ... and then i bought smooth 2..........

trust me guys -- the situation is not good with zy as well -- very bad when it comes to android ... so, now that the osmo mobile 2 is out, i just came back to see the forums what the situation at dji is for pixel 2 xl ... and it looks like -- nothing has changed.

Unfortunately the only way things will get better is if we all ask our retailers for a full refund, if enough of us do that the retailers will ask questions about stocking the lines this is the only way DJI will be hurt in the pocket.

SO please go and take your devices back like i did today
2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_CmkZARs
lvl.1

United States

I was able to get it to work with these permissions with the latest version as of 1/25/2018
2018-1-25
Use props
djiuser_CmkZARs
lvl.1

United States

Image isn't uploading but only select "Camera" "Microphone" and "Storage" everything else should be unselected
2018-1-25
Use props
swh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9728 ft
United States

djiuser_CmkZARs Posted at 2018-1-25 20:28
Image isn't uploading but only select "Camera" "Microphone" and "Storage" everything else should be unselected

I have no idea what this means. Where do we select these options and how? Details please.
2018-1-25
Use props
adfp_88
lvl.1

Hong Kong

We have emergency repair about video problems in Android 8.1, and it will be released in the next few days, please wait patiently, very sorry for the inconvenience!
2018-1-25
Use props
Mikey Z
lvl.3
Hong Kong

adfp_88 Posted at 2018-1-25 23:00
We have emergency repair about video problems in Android 8.1, and it will be released in the next few days, please wait patiently, very sorry for the inconvenience!

up up up!!
2018-1-25
Use props
Klesh
lvl.2

Russia

adfp_88 Posted at 2018-1-25 23:00

Could it be considered as the official DJI answer?

We REALLY waiting for the fix of this issue.

Please, please do it
2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_CmkZARs
lvl.1

United States

It's under Android settings -> Apps & Notifications -> See all apps -> find the DJI go app -> Permissions -> unselect "Contacts" "Location" and "Phone".
2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_jqKMDXJ
lvl.2
United States

Didn't work for me. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I'm on pixel 2.
2018-1-26
Use props
djiuser_CmkZARs
lvl.1

United States

Hmm I swear it worked for me a couple times last night. I just tried it again and it didn't work.....DJI fix the app already. In the meantime it's back to the stock camera app
2018-1-26
Use props
fans96f2d6cd
New
Flight distance : 19806 ft
France

UP
Exact same problem on Pixel XL (1 not 2)
Will consider flashing back to 8.0
2018-1-27
Use props
StudioJPro
lvl.1
United States

Android 8.1 update activates the new processing chip for the camera. You would be compromising the functionality on the Pixel 2XL to improve image quality just to get it to work on the Osmo mobile. Not an acceptable option in my opinion. They just need to fix the damn app already.
2018-1-27
Use props
Klesh
lvl.2

Russia

DJI promises to fix it already for 1,5 months - they just do not care about their customers at all
2018-1-27
Use props
djiuser_CmkZARs
lvl.1

United States

Using the Pixel 2 XL
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi guys, the post in 59# is from our R&D engineers, we are working on getting the issue sorted out, the new DJI GO V3.1.28 will be released very soon, please update when it is available for you, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.
2018-1-28
Use props
Klesh
lvl.2

Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-28 19:49
Hi guys, the post in 59# is from our R&D engineers, we are working on getting the issue sorted out, the new DJI GO V3.1.28 will be released very soon, please update when it is available for you, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.

Thank you Mindy! We really wait for this update.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Klesh Posted at 2018-1-28 22:47
Thank you Mindy! We really wait for this update.

You are welcome, we do hope the issue will get addressed soon and all customers will enjoy it, thanks for the patience.
2018-1-29
Use props
StudioJPro
lvl.1
United States

Patiently waiting...
2018-1-29
Use props
fansde392792
lvl.1

United States

Really hoping this update will push soon, I have already rescheduled 2 video shoots and am up against the wire to get my filming completed. I am anxious to get motion timelapse back.
2018-1-29
Use props
jgoll
lvl.1

United States

Running into deadlines, I was forced to go out and get another gimbal to ensure I can get the shots needed for my projects in time to meet my deadlines. I can confirm that the Zhiyun Smooth-Q works well on Android 8.1.2 and both Pixel XL and Pixel 2 XL for anyone needing motion timelapse while DJI figures out the issues with the Osmo. I still prefer my Osmo and hopefully with be able to go back to it soon, but in the interim this works. The Smooth-Q also only runs $99 at Best Buy, so not a huge out-of-pocket for a decent backup to my Osmo Mobile.
2018-1-30
Use props
StudioJPro
lvl.1
United States

Still... patiently waiting
2018-1-30
Use props
fansc4414bdf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6096 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-28 19:49
Hi guys, the post in 59# is from our R&D engineers, we are working on getting the issue sorted out, the new DJI GO V3.1.28 will be released very soon, please update when it is available for you, we appreciate your patience and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused.

I have a Pixel XL 1 and I have just uninstalled/installed the latest DJI software (version 3.1.26), and it's still not working.  It's been almost 2 months.  The unit is just sitting on my table.   This is very disappointing.  
2018-2-1
Use props
gertjan_bos
lvl.2
Netherlands

Just tried it, still got the same issues. Nexus6P & Android 8.1

2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ecGexHEpqtmk
lvl.1

Australia

Just got another new update. It seems to have fixed it. Only had a quick go with it though.
2018-2-1
Use props
swh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9728 ft
United States

Was it a Play Store update, or an in-app update? The reason I'm asking is because when I opened the DJI osmo app on my pixel XL 2, there was a quick message about some extraction of a file and it went by too fast for me to read it.
2018-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ecGexHEpqtmk
lvl.1

Australia

Play store update. Will test it again out tonight and see how it goes but it was looking good.
2018-2-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules