615 5 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USAGUN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 292530 ft
United States

Hello friends.
I have a Phantom 4 pro and have flown the machine about 4 hours total now. I'm seeing a weird thing with the front sensors, when flying towards the sun I get warning that object is near, I'm thinking this is due to the bright light coming in on the front sensors.
Happens often. Has anyone out there seen such with thier bird?

Thanks
2017-12-13
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That is a normal occurance
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, the VPS may not work well when flying towards the sun. It is normal, no worries.
2017-12-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Yes this seems to be a normal occurrence, I've seen this warning at times when the sun is low on the horizon and there was no other obvious source for the warning
2017-12-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had it the other day to, it stopped my P4, i couldnt even go forward at one point, lots of beeping, i turned off the sensors and was fine, and yes, i was heading into a winter sun, perhaps about at a 60º angle
2017-12-14
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I have disabled OA for the very same reason. On one of my flights i had a issue where i almost was locked as it refused to move in any direction due to the sun in mid air.
After some rotaion i managed to get it donw in shade of a tree and could get out of the situation.
Unfortunately all the sensors made the craft more expensive, sounded like a nice thing to have but is practicaly unusable.

As shown in second picture, also the shade of AC can make it see ghost obstacles ...

oa_in_sun1.png

oa_in_sun2.png
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules