Does the Ocusync air unit support the white DJI goggles?
5538 13 2017-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Hello there,
one simple question to DJI...it is a nighmare / odyssey to get an official statement about this simple question:
Does the Ocusync Air unit support the white goggles?
There is a lot of confusion around; even the DJI Chat guys have no idea....
There is a youtube video which state that the white goggles will work with the Ocusync air unit; but still no clear statement from DJI.
So please...is it supported or not???? Simple question simple answer....
I would like to use my white goggles with the new ocusync air system on my racer; and only via ocusync video transmission, no more analog video transmission crap....

thanks
2017-12-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, Ocusync Air unit is not compatible with Goggles (white version) at this moment, we will transfer your request to our engineers for attention, please note the future release in our website, thanks for your support to DJI products.
2017-12-14
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Thanks, for your quick answer. But to be honest...this guy
says that it is compatible. You can use the ocusync air unit with the white dji goggles... Is he a liar?
thanks for clarification....
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Droner777 Posted at 2017-12-14 01:19
Thanks, for your quick answer. But to be honest...this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD0v5dFm1x4
says that it is compatible. You can use the ocusync air unit with the white dji goggles... Is he a liar?
thanks for clarification....

Officially the Goggles is not compatible with OcuSync, you may link successfully but the settings cannot be used and there are many problems, please kindly pay attention to our website about the future release, thank you.
2017-12-14
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Is the future release a new firmware that states the official support of the white Goggles? Or is the future release a new hardware product special for the white goggles? thanks
I only want to use the video signal...see the picture nothing more....; no OSD; no addtional functions...etc.
2017-12-14
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Hello DJI Mindy, could you please rise that mystical curtain?
2017-12-14
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

Hello there....can someone clarify the mystical words: please kindly pay attention to our website about the future release
thanks
2017-12-14
Use props
Droner777
lvl.2
Germany

As always very disappointing support, and no or no clear answers.
2017-12-16
Use props
agranum
New
United States

I would also really like to know if this works.
I would like to use these expensive white goggles I bought with a fixed wing if the Occusync air unit is compatible.
2018-3-27
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I own both versions of the googles and two air units.

With the standard googles you can connect and watch the live view of the air unit.

If you want to use the built-in S-Bus recviever you need the RE googles. Standard googles do not have the menu option to connect to "Racedrone (digital)"
2018-3-27
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I also have the white goggles and an air unit. I was able to get the white goggles to connect to the air unit, but the video was unusable. Very very long lag - over 1 sec - and highly pixelated, jumpy ratty looking video. Could have just been the settings on the air unit at the time I tried it, but it definitely didn't work right.

Pretty much pointless without the RE goggles, IMO, where of course the air unit works fine....
2018-3-31
Use props
Kryml Munsta
Second Officer
Flight distance : 185262 ft
  • >>>
Germany

luciens Posted at 2018-3-31 06:39
I also have the white goggles and an air unit. I was able to get the white goggles to connect to the air unit, but the video was unusable. Very very long lag - over 1 sec - and highly pixelated, jumpy ratty looking video. Could have just been the settings on the air unit at the time I tried it, but it definitely didn't work right.

Pretty much pointless without the RE goggles, IMO, where of course the air unit works fine....

That's strange.
I did a test with both googles and got the Impression that there is no difference at all regarding latency.

Maybe i will repeat this test and post a YouTube video.
2018-3-31
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-3-31 09:30
That's strange.
I did a test with both googles and got the Impression that there is no difference at all regarding latency.

Ok, it must have been a setting in my air unit or something like that. There's a lot of bugs in the air unit firmware too, so you probably have to hold your nose just right to get it to work with the white goggles. Please post the video if you do end up making it...
2018-3-31
Use props
Googleman
New

Germany

Kryml Munsta Posted at 2018-3-27 10:09
I own both versions of the googles and two air units.

With the standard googles you can connect and watch the live view of the air unit.

Hello ! - I have tried the white goggles together with the ocusync air unit - with little luck so far. Only from time to time a single picture frame comes through (e.g. once per minute).  As you Kryml Munsta (Krümelmonster.. :-)) write it is working for you: Can you let me know which firmware versions you use both on the ocusync transmitter and on the goggles ? - Did you install any special firmware or other hacks ? Based on the referenced video above, i bought the white goggles and transmitter - now i am stuck with this.. - Please let me know & thanks.
2018-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules