Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Disregarding the Marco Polo, too dear for the UK

What trackers have proven their worth please?

We have the Loc8tor over here but thats only good for about 120m max, thats ideal if the AC goes down and you know the exact area
I am suprise that are no wifi tags, just bluetooth and they are only good for about 10m, no one has made one with the 100m BT yet

So, now we are on to the GPS ones, they are only good if a) the AC does not land in such a way that covers it, b) there is a mobile signal
in the area it goes down in, some have a subscriptions, some cheaper ones do not but are only 2g (still ok for the UK)

Its a tough call as to what to get, i could just risk it and go for the Loc8tor in the hope that i will always know the rough point it gets lost
I could get a a GPS one too i suppose, then there is some redundancy, i just do not know what to do, any advice please?
2017-12-14
Use props
sca1een
New

United States

I personally haven't tried either but what I learned from this web page is reading feedback. for example if you visit this amazon page you can check out what other people are saying about Loc8Tor and then make our choice
2017-12-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I gave this a lot of thought for a long time and finally reluctantly settled on the Trackimo 3G.  I haven't even flown with it yet.  
2017-12-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-12-15 05:44
I gave this a lot of thought for a long time and finally reluctantly settled on the Trackimo 3G.  I haven't even flown with it yet.

Thanks but, damn, thats not cheap either

Thanks sca1een
2017-12-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Nice thing about it is we can hot-swap it between ACs.  So we only need one.  We couldn't do that with the flytrex tracker
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules