New CrystalSky Firmware Released (14/12/2017)
4300 66 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Rapazcl Posted at 2017-12-15 06:14
I update and I have the option of Ofline Maps[view_image]
Update Version .  [view_image]

Have you been able to download the relevant maps for your area, if you have that's great
I can't download offline line maps with my P4P, Mavic Pro and Spark and I was able to dowload these before the the firmware upgrade, now the option doesn't appear in the DJI Go4 menu at all.

I now get offline maps sometimes when my CS can't determine it's location, it defaults to China and allows you to download chinese maps but then when it does get a location fix , the option disappears from the menu
2017-12-15
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The other thing I notice is my CS 5.5 is getting warmer across the GPS panel at the top and around the back of the usb port area, not sure if this is normal, will need to monitor this and see if the extra heat is effecting the display on longer flights
2017-12-15
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-15 12:35
Have you been able to download the relevant maps for your area, if you have that's great
I can't offline line maps with my P4P, Mavic Pro and Spark and I was able to dowload these before the the firmware upgrade, now the option doesn't appear in the DJI Go4 menu at all.

I have the same here
2017-12-15
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hopefully the maps still work in the DJI Go4 flight screen
2017-12-15
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-15 08:32
So now I had the time to install yesterday's firmware update as well which now went smothly. To my very big disappointment new DJI GO 4 4.1.18 for CS has the same bugs as the one for other Android devices and does not support OTG any more. I had made a backup of the previous GO 4 version but it turned out that this didn't help. CS does not let me uninstall the new version and not install the previous version either.
Doing factory reset does not seem an option either because I would not only lose yesterday's firmware update but also the previous one. For the time being I have no other idea to address this situation than waiting for the new GO 4 version 1.4.22 when it becomes available for CS too.
But for the first time I am really disappointed!

Thank you Beta Testers!

You should be paid for you work by DJI
2017-12-15
Use props
fansf69a5115
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1220223 ft
Hong Kong

Rapazcl Posted at 2017-12-15 06:14
I update and I have the option of Ofline Maps[view_image]
Update Version .  [view_image]

However, there is only offline maps for China cities. No international cities. Please bring back the previous international cities offline maps
2017-12-17
Use props
malli35998
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432195 ft
United States

I applied this firmware update on my M210/crystalsky. The DJI Pilot v0.5.0 update caused major problems with my Z30 camera. The imagery either stopped completely or was frozen from the Z30. I could not control the gimbal. I called DJI Support. After some level of troubleshooting they recommended sending in the CrystalSky tablet so they could downgrade the Pilot App to the previous version. There is no supported way to downgrade an app to a previous version on the CrystalSky currently available. DJI's only solution is to send in the CrystalSky tablet so they can perform the downgrade.
2017-12-17
Use props
Jefferey Drone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48465 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question Folks... what is the difference between GO and GO 4 ? Thanks
I notice it is on the CS I am about to get and I have only used go4 .
I also am terrified that I am about to run into so many problems when I get my CS Ultra 7.8 tomorrow.
Wish me luck !  so much money to read about all the problems these are having.
Jeff
2017-12-17
Use props
fansc0ad74ad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4242 ft
United States

Jefferey Drone  Posted at 2017-12-17 08:43
I notice it is on the CS I am about to get and I have only used go4 .
I also am terrified that I am about to run into so many problems when I get my CS Ultra 7.8 tomorrow.

Don't fly wait for 4.1.22 update if you can wait. I have the CS and the Mavic I'm having disconnect issues ,and it was only 300 feet away think god !.
2017-12-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Jefferey Drone  Posted at 2017-12-17 08:43
I notice it is on the CS I am about to get and I have only used go4 .

GO is for older devices, you can't fly the Spark or Mavic with it. But have a look at DJI Pilot Beta on the CS, it's interesting.
2017-12-18
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 526798 ft
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-18 00:26
GO is for older devices, you can't fly the Spark or Mavic with it. But have a look at DJI Pilot Beta on the CS, it's interesting.

Where do I find the DJI Pilot app on the CS?  I have the latest FW installed and the GO apps match the description in the original post, just can't find the Pilot app :/
2017-12-18
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Plank! Posted at 2017-12-18 05:56
Where do I find the DJI Pilot app on the CS?  I have the latest FW installed and the GO apps match the description in the original post, just can't find the Pilot app :/

It's a bit hidden. Go to the CS "Settings" menu, then "Launcher settings". There you can select which ones you want to see in the Main Menu. E.g. you can replace the DJI GO (better leave GO 4 where it is) with DJI Pilot.
2017-12-18
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Plank! Posted at 2017-12-18 05:56
Where do I find the DJI Pilot app on the CS?  I have the latest FW installed and the GO apps match the description in the original post, just can't find the Pilot app :/

Found it, in Launcher settings.
2017-12-18
Use props
Plank!
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-18 06:00
It's a bit hidden. Go to the CS "Settings" menu, then "Launcher settings". There you can select which ones you want to see in the Main Menu. E.g. you can replace the DJI GO (better leave GO 4 where it is) with DJI Pilot.

I use GO and GO4 equally - as I fly an Inspire 1 as well as the Mavic Pro, so whatever app I remove, it's going to have to be swapped back on again.
Will give the Pilot app a chance with each bird, if it connects to them, if it's any use I may (in time) ditch one of the GO apps...
2017-12-18
Use props
Captain Bill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4242 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-18 00:26
GO is for older devices, you can't fly the Spark or Mavic with it. But have a look at DJI Pilot Beta on the CS, it's interesting.

Yea with new update the camera does not even work for the Dji pilot on the CS. And if you restart your CS in the DJI GO 4 enough times you get the map here in the U.S.A not China!. Unloaded my Litchi App did not have a crash on my Go4 app today flew for 1 hour in airplane mode. Give me back my Maps please.
2017-12-19
Use props
fans523461a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226860 ft
South Africa

Updated my cs5.5 as well. Now I have gps issues and WiFi signal strength issues on my spark. I cannot see the amount of satellites the spark is connected to as well as the WiFi signal strength. This update is just causing headaches. Will test it on my mavic soon.
2017-12-19
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

So now I had the time to install yesterday's firmware update as well which now went smothly. To my very big disappointment new DJI GO 4 4.1.18 for CS has the same bugs as the one for other Android devices and does not support OTG any more. I had made a backup of the previous GO 4 version but it turned out that this didn't help. CS does not let me uninstall the new version and not install the previous version either.
Doing factory reset does not seem an option either because I would not only lose yesterday's firmware update but also the previous one. For the time being I have no other idea to address this situation than waiting for the new GO 4 version 1.4.22 when it becomes available for CS too.

I am so glad I returned my CS, I don't have to deal with this....just come here to see if all problems were solved so I can buy again.....but seems like DJI is creating more problems on top of the unsolved old ones.

Until they don't get all the   out I will not buy again, what is too bad the price is down already.
2017-12-19
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136230 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated both CS 7.85 and 5.5" successfully. BUT, when connecting 5.5" via OTG to the Spark I see no readout next to satellite icon in GO4, and no distance, altitude or speed readings. When I connect with WiFi, no issues. OTG was working fine prior to this latest CS update. Anyone else???
2017-12-19
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

What happened to offline maps?  Only Chinese locations are now available, and only after I reboot the CS. After I try to access the maps a second time the menu item is gone!
2017-12-19
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-12-19 16:23
What happened to offline maps?  Only Chinese locations are now available, and only after I reboot the CS. After I try to access the maps a second time the menu item is gone!

Option was removed by DJI, apparently will return in next update
2017-12-20
Use props
Elettrone78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2840512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

From a software point of view DJI is one of the worst companies I had the missfortune to be forced to work with.
Their politics go against any kind of good commercial common sense and logic.
Imho they are making too much money and with no real competitor on the market they don't care that much...
2017-12-20
Use props
Josemilla
lvl.3
Flight distance : 185728 ft
Spain

Fiveform 2 Posted at 2017-12-19 16:23
What happened to offline maps?  Only Chinese locations are now available, and only after I reboot the CS. After I try to access the maps a second time the menu item is gone!

Confirmed. After restarting, offline maps have returned.
2017-12-20
Use props
Fiveform 2
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Captain Bill Posted at 2017-12-19 00:50
Yea with new update the camera does not even work for the Dji pilot on the CS. And if you restart your CS in the DJI GO 4 enough times you get the map here in the U.S.A not China!. Unloaded my Litchi App did not have a crash on my Go4 app today flew for 1 hour in airplane mode. Give me back my Maps please.

Yes, I did find that my local offline maps returned after multiple reboots of the CS. Too many products and poor software management and too many updates to  control things which the user should be controlling, not big business and politicians....
2017-12-20
Use props
Moppie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226860 ft
South Africa

lannes Posted at 2017-12-15 12:50
The other thing I notice is my CS 5.5 is getting warmer across the GPS panel at the top and around the back of the usb port area, not sure if this is normal, will need to monitor this and see if the extra heat is effecting the display on longer flights

I have the same concern here
2017-12-20
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Josemilla Posted at 2017-12-20 02:55
Confirmed. After restarting, offline maps have returned.

Is that using DJI Go4 1.4.20 ?

Can't see it on IOS version, but there are Geozones now
2017-12-20
Use props
fans2a1b5192
lvl.1
United States

Constant overheating notifications. I thought this was a fix? I did not get this notification before the update. Weird that it states it is a fix in the description. Anyone else?
When will a fix be issued? Is it a fan issue with the update? It is getting hot, in cool weather.
2017-12-24
Use props
HDPS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans2a1b5192 Posted at 2017-12-24 17:22
Constant overheating notifications. I thought this was a fix? I did not get this notification before the update. Weird that it states it is a fix in the description. Anyone else?
When will a fix be issued? Is it a fan issue with the update? It is getting hot, in cool weather.

and the Saga continues..........maybe they will soon discontinue the actual CS models and hopefully come up with a new model with the design flaws corrected.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules