My spak almost flew away
1088 8 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AkPEPtl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19341 ft
Chile

2 days ago I was flying my Spark, conected to my RC with Wi-Fi with a "Weak Transmission Signal"  only with my drone in a altitude of  20 mts and a distance of 50mts. Sundely I had the "Strong magnetic field interference" and it went to "Atti mode" and I lost all control with my Spark. It crash with a tree and luckyly the only damage was a broken propeller.
Once in my how wanted to see the  flight data, I used a fully loaded batery but DJI assistant just keep "loading" until batery went discharged and never show anything.

other things
- I always fly in opend field, with no FI-Wi signals everywhere (with luck weak phone and 3G signal)
- Away from electric lines
- Never had that issue with OTG cable (actually I had +100 mts altutide and 300 mts away with a excellent video signal in my phone)(I know you disable it in last upgrade)
- With the new app version 4.1.18 I cannot connect my phone to my RC when it has 3G/4G connection, I must disconect internet, so I don't have the map in the GPS. I just have a blue dot in a white screen with some chinase words

Sorry bad english.
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

With DJI Assistant you can only export your flight data for making it available to DJI for analysis. If you want to review your flight including the rror messages you can review it on your DJI GO 4 App under the menu "Flightrecords" by clicking on the individual records or you upload your flight record (they are in the DJI subfolder on your mobile device) here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
If you wish us to provide some feedback to you on what has happened you may share the link with us after upload.
2017-12-14
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Changing to Atti mode could be for a reason and losing control could be for an other.

The first, could be because of normal drifting by the wind.

The second, is a real problem that you must concern about.

Edit: The first related to the crash.
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Sir, it's lucky to get back the drone. Have you checked the performance after changing the propellers? Is there any warning message in APP?
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-12-14 09:45
Changing to Atti mode could be for a reason and losing control could be for an other.

The first, could be because of normal drifting by the wind.

You always have control in Atti mode your Aircraft will respond correctly to all stick movements, it is a much more difficult form of flying and with wind can be very difficult.

There is a very short period when your compass becomes disconcerted in gps mode your aircraft will out of control it’s usually about 2 seconds until Aircraft drops gps and reverts to Atti mode.
2017-12-17
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-17 03:21
You always have control in Atti mode your Aircraft will respond correctly to all stick movements, it is a much more difficult form of flying and with wind can be very difficult.

There is a very short period when your compass becomes disconcerted in gps mode your aircraft will out of control it’s usually about 2 seconds until Aircraft drops gps and reverts to Atti mode.

Perhaps the difficulties that faced the pilot made him think he was losing the control as he said.
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-12-17 08:08
Perhaps the difficulties that faced the pilot made him think he was losing the control as he said.

If you not used to it that’s exactly what happens.
2017-12-17
Use props
djiuser_AkPEPtl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19341 ft
Chile

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-17 00:50
Hi Sir, it's lucky to get back the drone. Have you checked the performance after changing the propellers? Is there any warning message in APP?

All is ok,
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for getting back to us. Feel free to contact us if you need further assistance, we'll be here.
2017-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules