Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Mobile Roll Motor Stuck
7865 8 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c890b31
lvl.1
United States

My DJI Osmo mobile roll motor seems stuck and does not move up/down freely. It's able to move when I tried manually by hand to check, but does not maintain the stabilization if you move your hand left to right or front to back. In addition, the roll motor heats up a lot.

I have seen someone on youtube showing the same issue. Does anyone has any idea what may have caused this suddenly? And jf there is any solution to it?

2017-12-14
Use props
cat824
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48114 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I'm assuming you are referring to the pitch axis motor.

What mobile device are you using with it? When did you purchase the Osmo Mobile? Is FW up to date?
2017-12-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

First the basic question:
Is your phone balanced properly?
Like: When the Osmo M is off and you move your hand, does it remain steady or fall to one side?

2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sir, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, like Montfrooij mentioned, did you mount the mobile phone properly?
How about trying another mobile phone? Thank you.
2017-12-15
Use props
fans0c890b31
lvl.1
United States

Hi Everyone,  

Osmo Mobile was brought in August 2017 and the firmware is uptodate. I have a Google Pixel XL. I have tried using Iphone 6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 and the issue still persists.

I did balance the mobile properly and is not leaning to one side. I have used this gimbal many times before, so I am pretty sure I am balancing it correctly as required. I tried placing a paper in front of sensor to avoid refection as someone had suggested, but it does not work. Other movements are working, so if I hold the trigger and move up/down like torch it works as expected. Only when the movement is left to right it does not stabilizes and moves along with the handle and falls after few seconds. The roll motor heats up while trying this. The right side arm of the stabilizer was smooth before and used to fall after turning the gimbal off, but now it's stuck and you can feel if you try to move it manually.

I have shipped my gimbal to DJI back for getting it fixed, but I have low confidence now on it and have to carry handheld gimbal alongside.
2018-1-3
Use props
krakmh
lvl.1

Pakistan

I have the same issue with Osmo 2, How you repaired or solved your issue?
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

krakmh Posted at 2018-6-26 04:23
I have the same issue with Osmo 2, How you repaired or solved your issue?

Hi, we already replied to your concern on this thread. Kindly check the link below. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-133760-1-1.html
2018-6-26
Use props
MediaMission
New
Mongolia

i fixed mine, when you open your dji software and connect it to your phone. On the interface of the app, you will see icon above of the settings icon. click on it, and diactive the pitch lock.
2018-7-26
Use props
MarkInCentralTx
New

United States

I’m have a similar issue with my Osmo Mobile 3, I think ... assuming the phone is mounted and balanced; the OM3 is powered on; the app is up and Bluetooth connected,  the image works as expected in landscape mode, but when going to Portrait, the Roll Motor will not go full vertical and I get Gimbal errors.  Similar Phone Holder/Roll motor rotational issues occur when attempting to rotate OM3 handle Side Grip or Underslung positions.  
2019-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules