New Inspire 2 - first flight today
581 1 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

After a few "gotchas" that prevented flight before today, I'm glad to report a successful first flight with my new I2 this morning.  The hover was very, very stable despite me flying on the top of a mountain in Albania, where there were strong gusts.  I was extremely impressed with how I could let go of the sticks completely, and the I2 just sat there.  The rudder control was very stable, just point the I2 in whatever direction you want it to fly and let go of the left hand stick.  The I2 locks into the heading immediately, and there is no drift or oscillation.  It is better than most tail control gyros I used on conventional r/c helicopters.  

The "Forward/Right" / "Backward/Left" EXP setting (in Advanced Settings) required some adjustment before the I2 was usable.  After loading the latest firmware version (01.01.0300) and the latest DJI Go4 App, the EXP setting was 0.80 and the I2 was far too responsive for my comfort.  The numerical values in the EXP curves were quite confusing at first.  The minimum value you can set is 0.20.  Values from 0.50 to 0.20"dampen" the stick movement at center stick, with 0.20 being heavily damped, and a value of 0.50 means there is no dampening.  The maximum value you can set is 0.8.  Values from 0.5 to 0.8 make the stick movement at center stick more sensitive giving bigger control inputs to the drone.  0.80 led to huge inputs to the drone with only slight stick movements.   I changed the setting to 0.30 and the I2 was fine after that.

The "Throttle Up" / "Throttle Down" control felt very sluggish to me, with the EXP set to its default value of 0.2.  I was much more comfortable after setting this to a value of 0.4 to decrease the EXP dampening on the "up / down" control inputs.

2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Rob, glad to know you are pleased with the new firmware and its flight performance, thank you so much for the feedback, hope you have a great time on flying.
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules