Litchi and smooth turns
5902 17 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

Hi All;

I'm new to the forum, just started flying with Litchi. Curious how to avoid the fast rudder turn as I go from way point to waypoint and having each waypoint directed at a specific POI. I'm curious how to get my Mavic to make a smooth transition from waypoint 1 and POI 1 to pointing to POI 2 at waypoint 2, and so on. Now I have the gimbel set to (POI) and sometime the mavic gets to a waypoint and then turns real fast to the POI associated with that waypoint.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks!
2017-12-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Increase the curves at each WP
2017-12-14
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

Thanks I have them set at 55% in the waypoint setup; should I go into the waypoints and increase them by maybe 5%?
2017-12-14
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm looking forward to using Litchi too. Would think that there would be ways to de-tune the aircraft at turns. Can you adjust your mavic prior to flight (yaw sensitivity), or does Litchi take over controls?
2017-12-14
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Gronz Posted at 2017-12-14 17:28
Thanks I have them set at 55% in the waypoint setup; should I go into the waypoints and increase them by maybe 5%?

You can set that in each way point settings. I have mine set to 75% and set for each point.
2017-12-14
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2017-12-14 18:39
You can set that in each way point settings. I have mine set to 75% and set for each point.
[view_image]

Thanks for the photo, So I guess I want to get closer to 50 vs 75% for a larger turn, I'll give it s shot. Thanks for all the help
2017-12-14
Use props
Gronz
lvl.2
United States

DocQuicksand Posted at 2017-12-14 17:38
I'm looking forward to using Litchi too. Would think that there would be ways to de-tune the aircraft at turns. Can you adjust your mavic prior to flight (yaw sensitivity), or does Litchi take over controls?

Sometimes they will override and some times not, the waypoint functions are totally different in the two apps but Litchi is usually very intuitive and easy to use.
2017-12-14
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Yeah Litchi still rules, you can add up 99 waypoints and add 15 different actions for each waypoint.

2017-12-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep - 75% curves should sort out your issue.
2017-12-15
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Gronz Posted at 2017-12-14 21:12
Sometimes they will override and some times not, the waypoint functions are totally different in the two apps but Litchi is usually very intuitive and easy to use.

I have already built several flight missions in the app, looking forward to going out and executing them this weekend. Will follow up on this thread to let you know how they ran...
2017-12-15
Use props
DocQuicksand
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2017-12-14 23:33
The yaw speed depends on the curve size as well as the distance between waypoints.  It yaws quickly when waypoints are close together.  This applies to focusing on a POI as well.  You can manually modify the curve size at each waypoint depending on what you are trying to accomplish.  You'll have to experiment a bit to tweak things to your liking.   

https://youtu.be/0Fl0e91hAi4

Nice! I have built one to circle the Tower of America's in San Antonio at 750 feet. I will upload a video link after I execute the flight...
2017-12-15
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
Canada

The yaw speed depends on the curve size as well as the distance between waypoints.  It yaws quickly when waypoints are close together.  This applies to focusing on a POI as well.  You can manually modify the curve size at each waypoint depending on what you are trying to accomplish.  You'll have to experiment a bit to tweak things to your liking.   

Nice video, Dirty Bird!!!
2017-12-15
Use props
wntmldrs_belgium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

Hello there,
I stumbled on your Night Edition video, it is really wonderful. How did you make this ?
I'm even scared to fly behind a building because i'm afraid to loose connection ?
All those very near to the buildings scenes must have been manual ??
Thanks
2018-4-3
Use props
Holts Drones
lvl.1

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-4-3 17:07
Thank you.  That is an autonomous mission I created & flew with the Litchi App.  The bird flew the entire mission on its own, including the building passes.  It is very precise & pretty amazing.  Here are two birds running the same mission in unison:

https://youtu.be/HGyRowC9Mm4

I don't know what state you are in but In my state, California, it is a crime to fly a drone over the state highways and freeways without prior permission from Caltrans, the government agency that has jurisdiction over freeways and highways. You might want to confirm that you did not commit a crime before uploading videos
2022-2-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Holts Drones Posted at 2-16 22:41
I don't know what state you are in but In my state, California, it is a crime to fly a drone over the state highways and freeways without prior permission from Caltrans, the government agency that has jurisdiction over freeways and highways. You might want to confirm that you did not commit a crime before uploading videos

You're almost four years late with your comment. The last post was made in early 2018. The OP might not even still be a forum member by now.
2022-2-17
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-14 15:36
Increase the curves at each WP

2022-2-17
Use props
Fretman_2
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 6-21 13:38
Excessive taxation, out-of-control crime, homeless encampments, used needles & human feces covering every sidewalk, but God forbid a drone should fly over a highway!  Misplaced priorities.   Just one more reason California sucks...

https://youtu.be/NzssOu5MdO0

California sucks??  Having the attitude that laws are only good if you agree with them sucks!
2022-10-25
Use props
djiuser_2yI40ZqDVfFF
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2022-6-21 13:38
Excessive taxation, out-of-control crime, homeless encampments, used needles & human feces covering every sidewalk, but God forbid a drone should fly over a highway!  Misplaced priorities.   Just one more reason California sucks...

https://youtu.be/NzssOu5MdO0

14 CFR § 107.145 - Operations over moving vehicles
2023-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules