DJI Spark Falling out of sky! DJI not covering through warranty.
2160 23 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ryi K (rkum19)
lvl.1
United States

The result of their investigation was absolutely incorrect. My Spark did not have any type of impact before falling to the ground the only impact was that of it hitting the ground after it just abruptly fell from the sky. I have a video evidence of this.   This beyond upsetting. I've spent $600 on this drone that does not work then I'm being told that it is my fault and now I'm being charged to fix something that is defective. I've sent both videos to DJI, I was fortunate to have it on record during these incidents.  I'm not sure if I can upload videos to this forum as they capture may neighbors home so not sure if uploading it to this forum would be against the law. I'm so very disappointed at this point. I'm currently awaiting the results of my dispute.
2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

Could you upload your flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ and post back with the url.

As far as the video goes, I can't really comment on the legality. although have not seen anybody on here get in trouble for it.
2017-12-14
Use props
Ryi K (rkum19)
lvl.1
United States

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-12-14 17:46
Could you upload your flight log to http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/ and post back with the url.

As far as the video goes, I can't really comment on the legality. although have not seen anybody on here get in trouble for it.

I just uploaded it
2017-12-14
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

you will need to copy the new link from the top address bar and post here so that we are able to see
2017-12-14
Use props
Ryi K (rkum19)
lvl.1
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ryi , we are sorry for the crash accident, could you please provide me the case number? We will help to check more details about data analysis to provide better support, thank you.
2017-12-14
Use props
Ryi K (rkum19)
lvl.1
United States

RE: DJI SPark Information manual help please help

testing testin
2017-12-14
Use props
Ryi K (rkum19)
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-14 19:48
Hi Ryi , we are sorry for the crash accident, could you please provide me the case number? We will help to check more details about data analysis to provide better support, thank you.

case number CAS-1277062-P4D6D9
2017-12-14
Use props
Evergreen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26148 ft
Canada

Hi Ryi:

This sounds  like exactly what I went through a few weeks ago and finally still concluded as non-warranty..... I just gave up. See my thread here:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-121657-1-1.html

Hopefully your video evidence is clearer than mine and you get a full warranty. Keep up the fight!
2017-12-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Ryi K (rkum19) Posted at 2017-12-14 19:52
case number CAS-1277062-P4D6D9

Hi Ryi, our support has escalated the case to appropriate department to check on the flight records again with the video you provided, we will have someone to contact you once it is done, appreciate your patience.
2017-12-15
Use props
SuperDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186175 ft
Israel

Hey Ryi K (rkum19), get ready to invest some more after you get that phone call ;)
2017-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-15 01:00
To me this looks like one of the "classicals". You have been flying in Sport mode at extremely low altitude in a narrow surrounding, altogether a very risky undertaking with high potential for problems. In addition you seem to have had some interference which to me does not look like having been the cause of your crash. Somebody who can read your stick movements might find that at the end of your flight you have made a sudden stop or turn. If you are 100% sure that your Spark did not hit something before falling down, my theory is that through a flight maneuver you have brought it into a steep angle which causes the motors to stop. If you have been flying with the prop guards mounted in Sport mode this is even more likely what has happened. But others first have to analyse your stick movements before we can say this with more certainty.

P.S. The title of your thread is also a bit misleading by stating "falling out of sky".

Where is his flight log?
2017-12-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

2017-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2017-12-15
Use props
fox19
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-15 03:35
Hi Ryi, our support has escalated the case to appropriate department to check on the flight records again with the video you provided, we will have someone to contact you once it is done, appreciate your patience.

OK  thank you for looking into this a bit more I really appreciate that. I've also sent the 2 flight logs for the 2 videos I've sent.
2017-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

You log finishes before crash,
Something the manual tells you, no reckless flying.
Your flight was extremely risky and erratic at very low altitude, it would only take a 50% pull on the throttle and a move forward to put you into the ground, you can see this happening throughout your flight.
If you have ever seen racing drones well this was like a very bad rendition of a racing drone, Spark is not a racing drone and certainly not set up as one and I don’t know if you have any experience of racing drones but crashing and pushing drones into the ground is part and parcel of drone racing.
Spark is intended for something very different than you were using it for, one of your biggest complaints was the price you paid for it $600 I would have thought you would have taken a bit more responsibility for your purchase.
It would be interesting to see the video if you wish to put it up.
2017-12-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fox19 Posted at 2017-12-15 07:05
OK  thank you for looking into this a bit more I really appreciate that. I've also sent the 2 flight logs for the 2 videos I've sent.

Have you changed your forum name once again? Makes it not easy to keep track of things...
2017-12-15
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Did you notice 20 mph to 0 within 2 seconds only?

This means a full power within a very short distance. If this was only seconds before the crash event then the reason for the incident was a braking issue.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

User requested his logs not be visible to non-admin forum users.
2017-12-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Looks like this was pointless unless you agreed with OP.
2017-12-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Yes indeed, what a waste of time for an irresponsible pilot, sorry to say.
2017-12-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Ok, this was my original evaluation without link to the flightlog:

To me this looks like one of the "classicals". You have been flying in Sport mode at extremely low altitude in a narrow surrounding, alltogether a very risky undertaking with high potential for problems. In addition you seem to have had some interference which to me does not look like having been the cause of your crash. Somebody who can read your stick movements might find that at the end of your flight you have made a sudden stop or turn. If you are 100% sure that your Spark did not hit something before falling down, my theory is that through a flight maneuver you have brought it into a steep angle which causes the motors to stop. If you have been flying with the prop guards mounted in Sport mode this is even more likely what has happened. But others first have to analyse your stick movements before we can say this with more certainty.

P.S. The title of your thread is also a bit misleading by stating "falling out of sky".
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fox19 Posted at 2017-12-15 07:05

Yes, I checked the case log and we have received it. Thank you for your update, the designated team will help to analyze the data. Please kindly wait patiently.
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules