Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
M600 Pro/LB2 video feed terrible quality on slave controller only
1892 4 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jlotu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19009 ft

United States

We are getting terrible video signal performance on both of our M600s both with Light bridge 2. In every condition, on shore, off shore, middle of an open field, urban environment, in the US and in Trinidad, almost as soon as we take off, the video feed starts to lag massively and becomes unusable. I can stand right next to the pilot and his video feed is perfect. On the slave controller, I will have full signal bars on both control and HD, all telemetry updates and displays in perfect sync with the pilots screen. I can control the gimbal with no problems, but I have to look over the pilots shoulder to use his screen. We normally use DJI Go app  on iPad minis but the same happens in any app we use and on our Crystalsky monitors as well. All firmware and app versions are up to date. What are the options to fix this? I was told by a DJI rep at his years Airworks in Denver that the video and data feed on the slave controller only comes from the master controller rather than directly from the M600. If his is the case, if the slave controller is inches away from the master controller, why does the video on the slave perform as if it’s 50 miles away?
2017-12-14
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

This is a common issue that many people are annoyed about. The solution works, but it's not practical if you're in a single pilot operation but need both views.
2017-12-15
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

This is a common issue that many people are annoyed about. The solution works, but it's not practical if you're in a single pilot operation but need both views. Try standing 10-20 feet away from the master, I bet the video will clean up.
2017-12-15
Use props
CDMSystemsLLC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1766572 ft
United States

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-12-15 07:52
This is a common issue that many people are annoyed about. The solution works, but it's not practical if you're in a single pilot operation but need both views. Try standing 10-20 feet away from the master, I bet the video will clean up.

We're having the exact same problem and haven't found anything that works.  The slave has to switch back to "AV" (our FPV camera) and then back to "HDMI" (our gimbal camera) to get the feed back but by then our shot is lost as the drone is in motion and our cam op is tracking target with gimbal when this happens.  We've tried standing 20 feet more apart.

What I've asked DJI is if I can installed a 2nd LB2 Air Unit not connected to A3 Pro flight controller and use it solely to drive the gimbal and view camera feed as a master unit independent of M600 pilot's Master setup.  If this is possible then I can also use Intelli-G's software to use the 2nd master setup to be able to 100% control the camera (and all it's internal functions - ISO, etc...) and the gimbal.  My Cam operator doesn't care about any flight data on his RC.
2018-3-18
Use props
WiSi-Testpilot
lvl.3

Germany

It is not possible to run two 2.4 GHz devices on the copter. The transmitter of the one LB2 would disturb the receiver signal of the other LB2, because they are too close to each other.

But you can use a 5.8 GHz connection in addition to the LB2, eg connex. It has a video downlink and a uplink for gimbal control, see the amimon connex manual.
Best regards,
Wilhelm
2018-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules