2342 26 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Hey Ladies and Gents,
After the debarcle a few weeks ago with the firmware update, and the Go4 update... I too lost my video link on my Samsung Tab A.
Back peddling Go4 to .15 got me going again. After a little while, end of November, I loaded up .18 again and all seemed fixed.
Tried the new pano mode out and thought beauty! Lets go!
Drive out to cool location today, set everything up take off and hold at 5 mtrs......disco...
Land, redo/restart everything... take off, hold at 5......disco....land...
Change usb lead, redo/restart everything.... take off hold...all good... ascend 30m, 40m DISCO....
Hold there, replug in leads etc, get connection back, take pano at about a third of the required hieght, land, throw it all in the back and drive home.

What is going on?????

Is there that much processing happening in the app that my dedicated Tab A cant keep up anymore? Do I have to buy a Wundertablet??
Do I have to go back to .15 and forgo the new features??
What do I do???

2017-12-14
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like a case of Saturday Night Fever to me...
I had all sorts of problems with Android and the Mavic right from day one. Got myself an iPhone 6 Plus and all works perfectly, never crashed, plus the large screen size helps!
2017-12-14
Use props
djiuser_PWH0wea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728232 ft
Switzerland

Same for me, I am able to test the new pano mode with my Tab A (dedicated) only if I do it in the first min of flight. I mean everything looks fine during around 1 min then.... I just need to land, everything is fine when sitting on a table but as soon soon I take off everything is wrong after a min. I just decided to roll back the app and forget about the new features till an hypothetic new version
2017-12-15
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

djiuser_PWH0wea Posted at 2017-12-15 01:12
Same for me, I am able to test the new pano mode with my Tab A (dedicated) only if I do it in the first min of flight. I mean everything looks fine during around 1 min then.... I just need to land, everything is fine when sitting on a table but as soon soon I take off everything is wrong after a min. I just decided to roll back the app and forget about the new features till an hypothetic new version

Yeah, it just bugs me that everything has been freakin brilliant for so long, then one upgrade stuffs everything up.
I am not going to go with IOS!!
2017-12-15
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

What doesn't add up here is that DJI's own tablet the Crystalsky is an ANDRIOD device ........

Why are DJI getting the mobile version so very wrong ??
2017-12-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-12-15 04:04
What doesn't add up here is that DJI's own tablet the Crystalsky is an ANDRIOD device ........

Because Android is open source. Every manufacturer can do what they want with the OS.

When it comes to phones, you have the manufactures putting their customizations and software then you have the phone carriers doing the same.

With tablets and stand alone devices, you still have the manufactures putting their customizations and software on, and maybe trying to optimize the device for specific purposes. And these devices don't usually get the OS updates.

Creates an environment where there's a lot of variety and little consistency.
2017-12-15
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17999 ft
United Kingdom

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-15 03:23
Yeah, it just bugs me that everything has been freakin brilliant for so long, then one upgrade stuffs everything up.
I am not going to go with IOS!!

That was my sentiment when Windows 8/10 came along.
Years of trouble free Win XP & Win7
2017-12-15
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Well, there is Android,
and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android,
and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android, and there is Android,
and there is Android, and there is Android, ad nauseum

In fact there is around 18'000 variants of Manufacture's/Devices/Versions Don't think it's feasible to cover all...

Whereas, maybe 20 variants of IOS Devices
2017-12-15
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Wirezfree Posted at 2017-12-15 11:54
Well, there is Android,

If we were to accept your premise, then the only course of action would be for DJI to discontinue their advertised support for Android devices. Then this discussion would be moot and we would be left with the recent failures for current IOS devices.
2017-12-15
Use props
Wirezfree
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Plenty of people flying trouble free on Android, I guess they where lucky..
Ditto with IOS,
No issues on IOS 10.3, I'll just wait for IOS 11 to stabilise a bit more.

I only have an iPad Mini4, reluctant purchase, have only ever used Windows since 2.1
Have 4 Android devices, old and small, decided to just bite the bullet and get an iPad.
Glad I did...
2017-12-15
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

I'm seriously over this crap eh?
I took the tab A back to .15 and bugger me, that wont work either...
Shut down every thing I could, no forward radar, no histogram, no over exposure warnings, no cache..nothing... NO GO.....
Fired up Drone Harmony instead of Go4 and ROCK SOLID VIDEO for the rest of the battery.
Quite dejected...... I thought, 'I'll try my Samsung S7 phone', with GO4 .18 and PERFECT.... for a whole battery.....
Even though the Tab is listed on DJI's site as working, mine doesn't, whereas it has been perfect (in the past) as a dedicated device for months.
I cant afford to buy ANOTHER dedicated tablet, when I dont see this issue as being my fault.
Do you guys think I can return this for a refund as it clearly doesn't work as described????
2017-12-16
Use props
smeier_ch
lvl.2
Switzerland

I really wonder when DJI is going to act on this .18 issue as it's clearly not resolved. But maybe they are more interested to sell new units.
2017-12-17
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

EastyT Posted at 2017-12-15 12:20
If we were to accept your premise, then the only course of action would be for DJI to discontinue their advertised support for Android devices. Then this discussion would be moot and we would be left with the recent failures for current IOS devices.

Or most of us would us Litchi. It need much less processing power and has both pano and waypoints inside. I used it a lot with my P3S but have not used it so much after I got my Mavic and Samsung S7.
Have worked on all updates except 4.18. After the updated 4.18 no problem with device.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Simmo, we're sorry for the inconvenience. For the mobile device you mentioned that have not been tested, we can not ensure the performance. Please try to uninstall the APP, delete all related files and reinstall to see whether it helps. We understand your frustration, and will report to our engineers. Hopefully more mobile devices can be added in the recommended list as the test continues.
2017-12-17
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your reply.
It used to be listed, I just don't see it there now.
And it has worked brilliantly for maybe 6 months???
Its only 4.18 that bricked it the first time, After the 29-11-17 release of 4.18 I thought it was going to be ok, but no...its not.
Strangely, going back to 4.15 has the same issues now???
And why does Drone Harmony work fine?? My Samsung S7 works fine??
I am not the only one suffering here either...
The app has something very resource hungry that it crapping these devices out, since 4.18, we need to be able to turn that off.
2017-12-17
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

A little bit of an update, still on .15, still lose video. (black and white, frozen.)
Take off, up about 5 mtrs and lose video, my telemetry was still working??? So even with no video I just punched up and the telemetry reflected the AC movements??
What's the go there???
2017-12-17
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

Mmm no replies??
The above was the telemetry on the App, not on the RC.
Even though top left of screen says 'no signal' or 'disconnected' or something, the telemetry on the app was still giving accurate readings, with frozen video??
2017-12-18
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-18 21:51
Mmm no replies??
The above was the telemetry on the App, not on the RC.
Even though top left of screen says 'no signal' or 'disconnected' or something, the telemetry on the app was still giving accurate readings, with frozen video??

More of an update to help the 'engineers'.....
Deleted every DJI file I could find on mt TAB A, reloaded .18....
Took off, hover at 5 mtrs....
Disconnect, black and white screen, frozen...
Message comes up 'loss of signal' etc, cancel that and Mavic is still where it is....
Even though I have a greyed out screen, the telemetry shows through as working fine....
I tap auto land, through the grey screen.... and guess what, it lands.....

I am going to smash this thing soon...
2017-12-20
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Because there are far too many hardware setups with android devices
2017-12-20
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Wirezfree Posted at 2017-12-15 11:54
Well, there is Android,

And now Apple is buying DJI. I wouldn`t be surprised if they`ll stop supporting android at all
2017-12-20
Use props
Siwyleeds mavic
lvl.3
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 2017-12-17 08:53
Or most of us would us Litchi. It need much less processing power and has both pano and waypoints inside. I used it a lot with my P3S but have not used it so much after I got my Mavic and Samsung S7.
Have worked on all updates except 4.18. After the updated 4.18 no problem with device.

Well... If something goes wrong with your drone when you`re using litchi you wouldn`t have any data to support your claim and You`ll be cooked
2017-12-20
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

The best thing to do is to not do the firmware updates IF your bird is stable and happy. They are tossing out "new features" as bait, to get the updates thru, but in reality, they are hobbling the Mavic.
Still on .400, and zero issues, no gimbal spazes, no ZFZ groundings, and no speed limitations, etc, etc, etc.....
2017-12-20
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Siwyleeds mavic Posted at 2017-12-20 05:03
Well... If something goes wrong with your drone when you`re using litchi you wouldn`t have any data to support your claim and You`ll be cooked

You have data also in Litchi. It just has to bee clear that the error in not from Litchi if not I don't think
Dji will not honor their part. If you have your bird it has flight records inside. I don't recall that I have ever seen one case where Dji have not honored the warranty because of other apps but I have seen few where people claim they have lost their drone and blamed Dji for their own mistake.
2017-12-20
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

If you're using a dedicated phone or tablet, be sure to delete or uninstall all the bloatware and any other apps not associated with flying.  I've done this with my Samsung S5 and have not experienced disconnects.
BTW, are you recording  video the whole time?
2017-12-20
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

Yeah mate, its a dedicated device and I took everything off that I could.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Simmo1 Posted at 2017-12-17 22:29
Hi Susan,
Thanks for your reply.
It used to be listed, I just don't see it there now.

According to the video that you posted on this thread, it is the transmission signal disconnected. Could you please help to confirm when does it happen and the operations before it happens? In this case, please try to refresh the firmware of the drone and RC, make sure the consistency of the firmware, try to fly in another open wild place. And also, keep the antennas placed correctly. Also, please also test it with your Samsung S7.
The support list will be updated along with the testing of the new DJI GO/DJI GO 4, if a device that is previously on the list but it is not there now, it might because our engineers tested it and confirm it couldn't run the app now. We appreciate your understanding.Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

2017-12-29
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Australia

Just watch the video Thor.... That is the operations before, during and after the flight, you can see exactly what is going on??!!

Please understand that if people are going to buy your product, and use a device that WAS on your list, but not now....is not going to sit well... You have reps telling people that the S8 is not going to work??

The S7 was working, but I cant be bothered testing it, because that is my work phone, and I bought the Tab A 6 tablet to be a dedicated device for the Mavic. Its worked fine since June.

Please advise, why, Litchi, and Drone Harmony, both apps using your data, work fine....... yet  DJI Go4 is absolutely crap????
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules