What is the best android tablet under 10" for the DJIGO 4 ?
4667 18 2017-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gfab71
First Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Many flights using my trusty Asus Zenfone 2 Deluxe, but now i'm exploring deeper all the DJIGO4 photo and video options, and need some extra display to work better with my Mavic Pro, so i'm evaluating to buy a tablet, between 7 and 8", obviously Android, and i'm asking here all the community to know impressions or experiences.
What can be my choice, what can be a tablet not expensive and that officialy works fine with the DJIGO4 app ?
I had the Asus Zenpad 3S 10 but I sold it because anyway it was too big and heavy to use with the PgyTech adaptor i found (and bought) on the DJI Store, so i'm searching a tablet maximum 8" to use only with my Mavic.
Do you have any advice or suggestions based on your experiences ?

2017-12-14
Use props
K4Unl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122175 ft
Netherlands

I really love the Nvidia Shield K1 tablet. Not sure if they still sell it, but there's bound to be a few on ebay or Italy's version of it!
2017-12-15
Use props
Jimney
lvl.2
Flight distance : 103268 ft
United Kingdom

I have been using a Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact 8" for a while.

I specifically purchased this to use as a screen for my Phantom 2 originally.

It is really lightwieight, waterproof if it gets rained on and was on the DJI's recommended list

I got the version with LTE which has been brilliant. I supported a disabled friend on a sailing trip to Greece in the summer and we did several Facebook livestreams from the drone of him sailing as we were travelling around.

It is also a nice tablet to use in its own right also having front facing speakers.

It wasn't cheap at the time, but they are still available to buy now.
2017-12-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

For a 8in tablet , the one that works the best is unfortunately the Ipad Mini 4, there is no escaping this fact
2017-12-15
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2017-12-15 03:43
For a 8in tablet , the one that works the best is unfortunately the Ipad Mini 4, there is no escaping this fact

agreed, but not unfortunate...
2017-12-15
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

HyLenz Posted at 2017-12-15 03:56
agreed, but not unfortunate...

Unfortunate, if your looking for a cheap android tablet like the OP is
2017-12-15
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Not expensive is relative... A $500 tablet might not be expensive when compared to a $1400 Mavic.

I don't have any experience with it so I'm just throwing out it out there, but why not CrystalSky? From what I understand it's an Android device and sounds like it's purpose-built by/for DJI.
2017-12-15
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

My previous tablet was an Asus Zenpad 3S 10, great tablet with excellent specs, but too big in size, priced 349 euros.
With the phrase 'not expensive' i mean from 200 to 300 euros, because i'm not in need of a tablet now for any other use,
and I'd buy it just to use it with the drone, so I don't want to spend too much.
If I do not find it will continue to use without problems my smartphone Asus Zenfone 2 Deluxe that works fine.
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, It's not easy to find a proper Android tablet for the small RC of Mavic. I'd suggest to consider CrystalSky for large screen and high brightness.
2017-12-17
Use props
gfab71
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-17 20:37
Hi there, It's not easy to find a proper Android tablet for the small RC of Mavic. I'd suggest to consider CrystalSky for large screen and high brightness.

It seems to be a good choice, but price is a little bit high ..
2017-12-18
Use props
Forestjim
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Would you consider a Crystalsky. I love mine.
You can run 3rd party apps now.
The screen is brilliant even the 5.5 in full sun
2017-12-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea but for same price now u can go get unlocked s7 edge the same nits of brightness.... S8 plus has more nits....oh the marketing lol
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gfab71 Posted at 2017-12-18 02:47
It seems to be a good choice, but price is a little bit high ..

The Winter Holiday Sale is coming. I'd suggest to have a look if you are interested in certain accessories: https://store.dji.com/event/wint ... ji_store_top_banner
2017-12-19
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

and you may want to read this thread
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=121571
2017-12-19
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-12-19 01:57
The Winter Holiday Sale is coming. I'd suggest to have a look if you are interested in certain accessories: https://store.dji.com/event/winter-holiday?from=dji_store_top_banner

There isn't many discounts on accessories at all. Drop some prices on the popular or sought after items like batteries and alike, then that will be a nice sale. Have batteries always been $89 or lower?
2017-12-19
Use props
MichaelDiggs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go for the Googles and ditch the tablet. I'm a new pilot and got tired of looking at a screen fumbling around on a holder that didn't quite even fit onto the controller properly. Having the tablet sit right over the controller screen isn't a very good idea. While the mounts they sell make it easier, it still is a pain to use. I bought 5 mounts off of Ebay. Tried them all and kept the one I liked the best. There were a couple that were horrible. The one I picked hooked up to the controller more securely and held the tablet pretty well.
2017-12-19
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2017-12-19 03:31
Go for the Googles and ditch the tablet. I'm a new pilot and got tired of looking at a screen fumbling around on a holder that didn't quite even fit onto the controller properly. Having the tablet sit right over the controller screen isn't a very good idea. While the mounts they sell make it easier, it still is a pain to use. I bought 5 mounts off of Ebay. Tried them all and kept the one I liked the best. There were a couple that were horrible. The one I picked hooked up to the controller more securely and held the tablet pretty well.

Now there's a good option...
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

MichaelDiggs Posted at 2017-12-19 03:25
There isn't many discounts on accessories at all. Drop some prices on the popular or sought after items like batteries and alike, then that will be a nice sale. Have batteries always been $89 or lower?

Thanks for your feedback. There are some activities in our store and forum regularly, please keep an eye of this. Appreciate your participation.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-124515-1-1.html
2017-12-20
Use props
hunhen
New

Hong Kong

this is the best graphics tablet (XP-Pen Artist15.6)I have ever used. https://www.amazon.com/Artist15- ... ssure/dp/B077PCCC7R
2018-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules