DJI Go 4 app locking up in simulator and while flying
1282 7 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

Hoping I’m missing something or there is a common fix.  The Go 4 app is locking up after about 8 minutes of use in the simulator and while flying.  Changed phones from a Nexus 5x to a reset Nexus 6p, still locks up.   Tried the OTG cable with wifi off, and now the distance, velocity and battery info isn't showing up, and it still locks up.  New Firmware updated, nothing seems to have changed.  Think I did notice once that when in the simulator, in ATTI mode, that the program did not display the flight path history in the small map, and the simulator did not lock up.

Is there a way to turn off the flight path traking/history to see if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Shade. Please try to use wifi connection and see if it locks up. If the problem remains, please provide a screenshot about this situation. BTW, what is the version of your app? Thanks a lot.
2017-12-15
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-15 18:53
Hi, Shade. Please try to use wifi connection and see if it locks up. If the problem remains, please provide a screenshot about this situation. BTW, what is the version of your app? Thanks a lot.

Hi Electra,  I connect the phone to the controller with wifi.  Tried connecting with the USB cable a couple times to see if it helped, but it made no difference with this problem.

Have had the drone for a week or so.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the app today, the app version is 4.1.18.

Found in the simulator that if i left the drone to hover, the app does not lock up.  When i fly around it locks up after some time.  
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Shade220 Posted at 2017-12-15 22:57
Hi Electra,  I connect the phone to the controller with wifi.  Tried connecting with the USB cable a couple times to see if it helped, but it made no difference with this problem.

Have had the drone for a week or so.  Uninstalled and reinstalled the app today, the app version is 4.1.18.

I would recommend you use an IOS device to check if it is the problem of mobile device. Please provide a video about the situation. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2017-12-18
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 02:39
I would recommend you use an IOS device to check if it is the problem of mobile device. Please provide a video about the situation. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.

Thanks for the feedback, but instead of buying an ISO device, spending hours trying to figure it out and gambling it would work, I decided to go with he Litchi fight controller app.  Problem solved.

Reading reviews on the GO 4 app, it seems this app lock up problem during mid flight is common.  
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Shade220 Posted at 2017-12-18 21:30
Thanks for the feedback, but instead of buying an ISO device, spending hours trying to figure it out and gambling it would work, I decided to go with he Litchi fight controller app.  Problem solved.

Reading reviews on the GO 4 app, it seems this app lock up problem during mid flight is common.

Please use DJI GO 4 instead of the third party app for your drone's safety as our app is tested and more stable. Please provide us the video if the problem remains. And I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2017-12-19
Use props
Shade220
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-19 03:27
Please use DJI GO 4 instead of the third party app for your drone's safety as our app is tested and more stable. Please provide us the video if the problem remains. And I would forward it to our engineers for further check.

Almost half the recent reviews on google play app store are on the GO 4 app locking up mid flight.   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en

There is no interesting video to show.  After about 8 minutes of flying around the app lags, about 10 seconds later the screen goes white, the pop up comes up asking if i want to wait for the app to respond or close it.    Thankfully I have the controller and have been able to fly the drone back when the app locks.

Suggesting people try ISO phone, make videos, etc. is not the solution.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Shade220 Posted at 2017-12-19 09:17
Almost half the recent reviews on google play app store are on the GO 4 app locking up mid flight.   https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.go.v4&hl=en

There is no interesting video to show.  After about 8 minutes of flying around the app lags, about 10 seconds later the screen goes white, the pop up comes up asking if i want to wait for the app to respond or close it.    Thankfully I have the controller and have been able to fly the drone back when the app locks.

I see. This situation will be forwarded to our engineers for check. Thanks for your update.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules