1772 16 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]I had some anxious moments when I lit the toys up today at the river. Could fly, but camera was acting stupid, wouldn't change gimbal mode, app was not recognizing the camera, devise name or displayed anything in about. Camera wouldn't focus, all my RC settings that I customized were not working, Camera responded to factory settings, camera would not focus nor change modes between photo and video, it would not record yet I had full video disgustingly out of focus but it was there. fired up the motors and took off flew beautifully, incredibly stable perfectly straight takeoff and landing, but I couldn't record a thing, actually couldn't even let me format the MSD card. Came home with tail between my legs having missed a spectacular Miami sunset and after fiddling a lot changed the cable and that was it, I was getting ready to post the freakign whole kit on eBay I was so furious. But never mind that, it's all good with a different LONGGGGGcable, the bad one is a shorty. I hate long cables. The one thing that's bothering me is the tap to focus is being very stubborn and M Exposure mode (tap exposure) is for some reason now disabled, something that started after the last update, only bad thing about that update.
2017-12-15
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I also have problems with the cables of my Inspire 1. Sometimes the gimbal dies in flight! I swing the drone and he comes back to live again. I have to change the cables urgently!
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-12-15 17:40
I also have problems with the cables of my Inspire 1. Sometimes the gimbal dies in flight! I swing the drone and he comes back to live again. I have to change the cables urgently!

Hi, sir. Did you mean the 8 pin and 10 pin cable above the camera? I would recommend you send it back and we will change it for you: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Any error message from you app? Can you control your camera through RC? Please ensure that the cable above your camera is well-connected. Please keep us updated, thanks.
2017-12-16
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-16 00:07
Hi, sir. Any error message from you app? Can you control your camera through RC? Please ensure that the cable above your camera is well-connected. Please keep us updated, thanks.

No the AC and camera cables and connections are fine, the issue is with the USB/Lightning interface between the iPad and the RC. Yes I could marginally control the camera with the RC, but lost all of my custom setup. Gimbal up and down was fine but I set the controller with C1 to switch between yaw and roll it only yawed C1 activated the camera menu instead. basicallyI had video feed but no camera control at all from the iPad. Error messages only were focus aid disabled I video mode and if I remember it correctly M exposure control disabled or something like that, but that spot meter mode has not worked for me since the last updates I did.
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-16 22:34
No the AC and camera cables and connections are fine, the issue is with the USB/Lightning interface between the iPad and the RC. Yes I could marginally control the camera with the RC, but lost all of my custom setup. Gimbal up and down was fine but I set the controller with C1 to switch between yaw and roll it only yawed C1 activated the camera menu instead. basicallyI had video feed but no camera control at all from the iPad. Error messages only were focus aid disabled I video mode and if I remember it correctly M exposure control disabled or something like that, but that spot meter mode has not worked for me since the last updates I did.

Can you provide a video about this situation for better analysis? Also, the firmware info is needed. What is the version of your app?
2017-12-18
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-16 00:04
Hi, sir. Did you mean the 8 pin and 10 pin cable above the camera? I would recommend you send it back and we will change it for you: http://www.dji.com/support.

Many thanks Elektra, but sending it to you from Brazil is very expensive from time consuming. I already have an Inspire 2 being repaired by DJI right now.

The cable is cheap and easy to change. I'll do it myself.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... bal_port_cable.html
2017-12-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-16 22:34
No the AC and camera cables and connections are fine, the issue is with the USB/Lightning interface between the iPad and the RC. Yes I could marginally control the camera with the RC, but lost all of my custom setup. Gimbal up and down was fine but I set the controller with C1 to switch between yaw and roll it only yawed C1 activated the camera menu instead. basicallyI had video feed but no camera control at all from the iPad. Error messages only were focus aid disabled I video mode and if I remember it correctly M exposure control disabled or something like that, but that spot meter mode has not worked for me since the last updates I did.

Same problem here on iOS 11.2.1 and GO 4.18 on two separate iPads and drones.  The connection to the iPad is unstable and it drops.  Once dropped, you may still show "Ready to Fly" but any settings made by you are gone as well.

One might think the cable is bad, but the act of unplugging and replugging it back into the iOS device often works so the idea "It is the cable" may be in error.  It is the USB/Lightning connection that is at fault with iOS, and GO too as it loses settings as a result or just fails to recognize them due to the bad connection.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-12-19 07:58
Many thanks Elektra, but sending it to you from Brazil is very expensive from time consuming. I already have an Inspire 2 being repaired by DJI right now.

The cable is cheap and easy to change. I'll do it myself.

Please note that we have a service center in Mexico. You can send your drone there for repair.
Mexico.JPG
2017-12-20
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-18 03:57
Can you provide a video about this situation for better analysis? Also, the firmware info is needed. What is the version of your app?

iOS app version is 22 firmware is all the latest just updated a month ago or so. Not with the drone right now to provide you with exact spect. Haven't fired up the bird since I posted this and I'm leaving the country with it next week, hope it doesn't give me trouble then.
2017-12-20
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-20 04:21
Please note that we have a service center in Mexico. You can send your drone there for repair.

From here (Brazil) it is easier to ship to the US than to Mexico.

By the way, I'm not in Mexico. I do not know why it shows on my avatar that I'm from Mexico.
2017-12-20
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad it was an easy fix!
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-12-20 10:01
From here (Brazil) it is easier to ship to the US than to Mexico.

By the way, I'm not in Mexico. I do not know why it shows on my avatar that I'm from Mexico.

I see. Please note that we also have a repair center in Brazil. Hope it can help you.
Brazil.png
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

mixchief Posted at 2017-12-20 09:08
iOS app version is 22 firmware is all the latest just updated a month ago or so. Not with the drone right now to provide you with exact spect. Haven't fired up the bird since I posted this and I'm leaving the country with it next week, hope it doesn't give me trouble then.

Thanks for your update. It will be helpful if you can provide a video for further check.
2017-12-21
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-21 00:54
I see. Please note that we also have a repair center in Brazil. Hope it can help you.

Good to know! Do they give assistance in products bought in the US?
2017-12-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Drone Cuiabá Posted at 2017-12-21 10:12
Good to know! Do they give assistance in products bought in the US?

If you bought in US, then you should send it back to where you buy for warranty. Or you can pay the fee and send it to the center in Brazil. Thanks for your understanding.
2017-12-22
Use props
mixchief
lvl.4
  • >>>
Colombia

It has become a habit now. After I start AC and RC then app,I am without any camera controls until y unplug thunderbolt cable from the devise and re plug it at least twice.
I’ll try and do a video for you tomorrow elektra
2017-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules