Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CS using battery when turned off
1319 16 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

As the title says, my CS used battery even when turned off.
30% / day.

Anyone else have this problem?

2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Aeromirage. It seems abnormal that your battery lost so much power each day. What is the firmware of your CS? Please try to upgrate to the latest firmware. The situation will be forwarded. Please wait patiently.
2017-12-15
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Thailand

Hi. I found similar but then worked out that a long press on the power button provided a shut down/restart menu. After hitting shutdown I get no power consumption at all. I think a short press on the power button is actually a sleep mode which keeps the CS powered up consuming power.
2017-12-17
Use props
jeffb2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99777 ft
  • >>>
United States

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-17 08:08
Hi. I found similar but then worked out that a long press on the power button provided a shut down/restart menu. After hitting shutdown I get no power consumption at all. I think a short press on the power button is actually a sleep mode which keeps the CS powered up consuming power.

My guess is that this is the problem right here.  Not actually shutting off the CS and just turning off the screen itself with a short press of the power button.

OP, make sure you long press the power button and choose shut down.
2017-12-17
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, will try that.
2017-12-17
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-15 23:27
Hi, Aeromirage. It seems abnormal that your battery lost so much power each day. Please ensure that you turn off the screen instead of locking it. BTW, what is the firmware of your CS? Please try to upgrate to the latest firmware. The situation will be forwarded. Please wait patiently.

V02.04.06.00.
Missed the detail of the long press to shut down.
That must be it. I have just been pressing one short to turn it off.
2017-12-17
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Thailand

It's always nice when it's an easy fix!

I kinda wish that the device would automatically shutdown completely when left to sleep for a user determined period to prevent you travelling a long way to a shoot and finding your CS to have a flat battery because you forgot to shut it down fully!

DJI - could this optional function be considered for a future software update to CS?

By the way great job with the CS I've recently (finally!) received my 7.85 Ultra bright and it is incredibly good. I live in the middle east and can easily see the screen even in the bright midday sun without a hood!
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Users experience the same problem can provide the following info for further check:
1. Before you lock the screen, please tell me the interface it remains.
2. Please check that the apps you run in the background: Setting-Device-Running. Please provide a screenshot about it.
3. Please press the middle button of the right side and provide a screenshot.
4. When you turn on the CS, the wifi connection is connected, right. A video for this is needed.
5. Please try to turn off DJI GO 4/DJI GO in the background and see if the power drops less than 5%.
Thanks for your support.
2017-12-17
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-17 22:22
Hi, there. Users experience the same problem can provide the following info for further check:
1. Before you lock the screen, please tell me the interface it remains.
2. Please check that the apps you run in the background: Setting-Device-Running. Please provide a screenshot about it.

I think the issue is clear. Just a quick press of the power button switches off the display and puts the CS in sleep mode only. This causes continued battery consumption. A long press until the shutdown/restart box appears and then selecting shut down completely powers off the CS and no battery consumption occurs.
2017-12-18
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

That was the answer!
Thanks........
2017-12-18
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Thailand

Aeromirage Posted at 2017-12-18 19:01
That was the answer!
Thanks........

Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out.
2017-12-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-18 01:00
I think the issue is clear. Just a quick press of the power button switches off the display and puts the CS in sleep mode only. This causes continued battery consumption. A long press until the shutdown/restart box appears and then selecting shut down completely powers off the CS and no battery consumption occurs.

Thanks for your help. But it is abnormal that the CS drops over 5% when it switchs off the display.
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

That was the answer!
Thanks........

If the problem remains, I would recommend you provide us the needed info. Thanks for your support. Hope it can be solved.
2017-12-19
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-19 02:33
Thanks for your help. But it is abnormal that the CS drops over 5% when it switchs off the display.

5% drop over what time period?

My CS will 'consume' power when the display is just switched off. It isn't much during the course of a couple hour flight trip however over night it's quite a bit. Therefore I always shut down the device after I'm done flying for the day.

What specifically do you want to know?

When I quickly press the power button the display shuts off without any boxes or options.

When I long press the power button I get the shutdown/reset box. When selecting the shutdown option the device shuts down with a screen notification as it does so.
2017-12-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

That was the answer!
Thanks........

I am surprised that DJI did not have the press once and press twice and hold to power on or off..... like they do on everything else.

Rich
2017-12-19
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-12-19 08:33
I am surprised that DJI did not have the press once and press twice and hold to power on or off..... like they do on everything else.

Rich

Me too.
In fact I tried that the first time I got it and it tuned on, then off.

2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-19 03:44
5% drop over what time period?

My CS will 'consume' power when the display is just switched off. It isn't much during the course of a couple hour flight trip however over night it's quite a bit. Therefore I always shut down the device after I'm done flying for the day.

Thanks for your update. Please note that CS will cost less than 5% power when you turn off the screen within 24 hours in most cases. If your CS drops a lot of power when you turn off the screen within a day. You can provide us the info above and we are willing to help. Thanks for your cooperation.
2017-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules