Edited video stutter
727 4 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adlibber
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The spark H.264 codec outputs two different frame rates, or rather video packet durations fixed at 33.359 and 33.438 ms. Irrsespective of the nature of the video the ratio between the number of packets of the different types is fixed at 10.38%. The last packet duration length is adjusted to provide an average frame rate of 29.97 fps. Of course Non Linear Efitors don’t like these variable frame rates. Why is DJI doing this and what could the benefit be?
2017-12-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I can only think about a codec right thing, saving costs on the license?
Is it by chance the CISCO H.264 codec?
2017-12-15
Use props
Adlibber
lvl.2
United Kingdom

MediaInfo reports the ‘writing application’ as DJI AVC encoder, the ‘Format profile’ as Main@L4.1 and the ‘Format settings’ as CABAC / 1 ref frames. No mention of CISCO. Be interesting to check up on the more expensive DJI drones to see if they output VFR. I can understand why VFR could help in CCTV applications but it’s not being used in the Spark for stationary compression so why are they using it - maybe just to make our life difficult when we come to edit?
2017-12-15
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Adlibber Posted at 2017-12-15 23:43
MediaInfo reports the ‘writing application’ as DJI AVC encoder, the ‘Format profile’ as Main@L4.1 and the ‘Format settings’ as CABAC / 1 ref frames. No mention of CISCO. Be interesting to check up on the more expensive DJI drones to see if they output VFR. I can understand why VFR could help in CCTV applications but it’s not being used in the Spark for stationary compression so why are they using it - maybe just to make our life difficult when we come to edit?

-maybe just to make our life difficult when we come to edit?-

Na, that they did with only 30 fps and no switch to 24fps.
I would just think, no one thought about this at DJI
Unless there is a money thing involved and/or the intention to get us to mavic and/or further on.
2017-12-16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Adlibber Posted at 2017-12-15 23:43
MediaInfo reports the ‘writing application’ as DJI AVC encoder, the ‘Format profile’ as Main@L4.1 and the ‘Format settings’ as CABAC / 1 ref frames. No mention of CISCO. Be interesting to check up on the more expensive DJI drones to see if they output VFR. I can understand why VFR could help in CCTV applications but it’s not being used in the Spark for stationary compression so why are they using it - maybe just to make our life difficult when we come to edit?

-maybe just to make our life difficult when we come to edit?-

Na, that they did with only 30 fps and no switch to 25/24fps.
I would just think, no one thought about this at DJI
Unless there is a money thing involved and/or the intention to get us to mavic and/or further on.
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules