Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
possible to locate a stolen drone
11150 12 2017-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e86d07f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13560 ft
Tanzania

My drone including batteries and controller was stolen. I still have the smartphone i used to fly with and the dji go app and litchi. i am also registered with airdata uav.
Is there any possibility to locate the drone?
2017-12-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are sorry to hear your drone was stolen and you must be very frustrating, but unfortunately, the drone cannot be located when it is not connected to your device. You may try to contact local authorities for further assistance, they may help to find the drone. Hope you will get the drone back in the end.
2017-12-16
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-16 00:47
We are sorry to hear your drone was stolen and you must be very frustrating, but unfortunately, the drone cannot be located when it is not connected to your device. You may try to contact local authorities for further assistance, they may help to find the drone. Hope you will get the drone back in the end.

Curious and probably far fetched but would you happen to know if there will ever be an option to track stolen drones through DJI?
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-12-17 10:15
Curious and probably far fetched but would you happen to know if there will ever be an option to track stolen drones through DJI?

Sir, unfortunately we are unable to track the stolen drone, once the drone is sold out, it would become personal property, we only provide after-sale service, but cannot track the record, appreciate your understanding.
2017-12-17
Use props
Gal Ashiga Barkat
New

Israel

this is so true, i almost lost mine... heart attack, dji should build a find my drone system, or even program an update that does it!
2018-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gal Ashiga Barkat Posted at 2018-7-11 18:03
this is so true, i almost lost mine... heart attack, dji should build a find my drone system, or even program an update that does it!

Your suggestion will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-7-11
Use props
VegasBuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313179 ft
United States

It would be nice if there was a recovery option with the insurance buy up to allow for reporting of the initial connection location of DJI devices based on if the serial number has been reported as stolen by the registered owner no matter what DJI account is logged into the DJI app

Given the appropriate police reports and customer ID verification it would be quite helpful in recovery when these things happen.

2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VegasBuck Posted at 12-1 12:47
It would be nice if there was a recovery option with the insurance buy up to allow for reporting of the initial connection location of DJI devices based on if the serial number has been reported as stolen by the registered owner no matter what DJI account is logged into the DJI app

Given the appropriate police reports and customer ID verification it would be quite helpful in recovery when these things happen.

Hi VegasBuck, thanks for your suggestion, this is also what we considered, but it is not possible at the moment, hope there will be an update in the future to make your experience with us better.
2018-12-1
Use props
fansb6c00923
New
United States

Any chance this has been updated to qualify a serial number stolen?
2019-2-2
Use props
Dzulkernian747
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95436 ft
Brunei

Ladies and Gents.....has DJI considered this very helpful feature (find my drone) to be implemented ? Such after sales support would be very very helpful for existing DJI customers and attract new customer to buy DJI's drone as well. Maybe insist for AC serial number registration in DJI Apps and verify it though internet once device is connected  ? and track the GPS location once the drone flies after reported stolen/missing ?
2020-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Dzulkernian747 Posted at 1-12 22:32
Ladies and Gents.....has DJI considered this very helpful feature (find my drone) to be implemented ? Such after sales support would be very very helpful for existing DJI customers and attract new customer to buy DJI's drone as well. Maybe insist for AC serial number registration in DJI Apps and verify it though internet once device is connected  ? and track the GPS location once the drone flies after reported stolen/missing ?

Mavic Mini supports Find My Drone, but it is used for flyaway situations instead of the stolen drone. We are unable to track the stolen drone at the moment, if the same situation happens to you, we recommend that you report to your local authorities of the theft that had happened, and allow the police to run on their investigation of the incident.
2020-1-12
Use props
djiuser_osfAAyX4kubJ
New
United States

Reporting stollen drones to the police doesn't help the situation. The police aren't going to perform an investigation on a stolen drone.

DJI has a really great opportunity to make something that can help so many of the people that supported and bought into DJI. Is there really nothing, outside of hoping police officers conduct a drone-investigation, that can be done?

My drone was just stolen. I loved it, I told and pitched DJI to so many of my friends. One just got her first drone, because of how much I've enjoyed it. It's super disappointing if that's all that's being offered to help in these situations.
2021-5-5
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_osfAAyX4kubJ Posted at 5-5 21:20
Reporting stollen drones to the police doesn't help the situation. The police aren't going to perform an investigation on a stolen drone.

DJI has a really great opportunity to make something that can help so many of the people that supported and bought into DJI. Is there really nothing, outside of hoping police officers conduct a drone-investigation, that can be done?

If the police can't help, then nobody can help.
If DJI is able to locate the stolen drones and find them back, that means DJI can locate all of the drones they sold, I doubt if it is legal. Furthermore, it is not DJI who caused the theft case, I think DJI shouldn't be blamed since DJI takes no responsibility for it.
2021-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules