1973 4 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kokok
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1802159 ft
Philippines

Hi everyone,

I have 3 batts, 1 is 60+ cycles and the 2 are 28 cycles. The last time I used them was 3 weeks and 5 days ago. After using them earlier today, i noticed while looking through the vents fromthe side of the batts that some cells were a bit bloated. After letting them cool down, i noticed that the bloating seemed less. Hooking them up to the p4, batteries registered as normal and all cells are of the same voltage.

Should i be concerned? These batts are only around 10 months old ( the 2 being new are around 7months).

Thanks!
2017-12-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I wouldn't worry too much from what you describe.  When they start looking worse such as in the vid below (you can see the center beam is bowed out a bit), you might be a little more concerned.  MHO

Be sure you're caring for them properly - meaning don't keep them fully charged.  Wait to charge them just before you're about to use them.  
2017-12-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have a read of the Phantom 4, Intelligent Battery safety guidelines Here

It would be usual to store them with 50-65 % charge. They will self discharge slowly after a period of 3-10 days, as set by user in DJI Go 4 App'. So shouldn't be a problem. And they also recommend a full charge cycle every so often (in guide notes).
2017-12-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Just a little heat. No worries.
2017-12-16
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks as though you need to burp them...the bloating should decrease. Listen closely for the burp then change the diaper!  Ha!
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules