Bluetooth audio and Osmo mobile
3002 7 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rmh1120
New
United States

Hey all, I am running the osmo mobile with an iPhone SE. I would like to set it up with a Bluetooth clip on mic so I can take videos from farther away.

The mic I was looking at is Hey Mic, but there are other similar options. They all seem to require their own app and do not work with DJI.

What’s the best way to manage this? Using wondershare filmora for editing.
2017-12-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why don't you attach a regular mic to the Osmo Mobile?
It will fit the SE with the minijack port still present.
2017-12-16
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

I can sympathise with where Rmh is coming from, as that’s what I’’d also like to do. The whole idea of the Osmo mobile is movement, but a tethered mic will run the risk,of entanglement, so this is also something I’m looking for. I’d rather not have to sync audio and video post-production.
2017-12-16
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Australia

Actually found a good solution, but you can’t use DJI Go.

Currently tested on MoviePro, and set it up to use BT mic. I tested it using my AirPods as I have that on hand, and it works really well, no loss of sync. You do lose the zoom feature of the Osmo handle controls, but Record, pan and tilt all still works.
2017-12-16
Use props
Rmh1120
New
United States

PHL Posted at 2017-12-16 17:18
Actually found a good solution, but you can’t use DJI Go.

Currently tested on MoviePro, and set it up to use BT mic. I tested it using my AirPods as I have that on hand, and it works really well, no loss of sync. You do lose the zoom feature of the Osmo handle controls, but Record, pan and tilt all still works.

Does moviepro have an active track function?
2017-12-16
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Australia

Rmh1120 Posted at 2017-12-16 18:46
Does moviepro have an active track function?

No, because it can’t directly control the Osmo. OTOH, if MoviePro can implement a BT mic feature, it should be doable in DJI Go as well,  but it isn’t. Not sure if there is an API other apps can use to control the Osmo, much like Litchi etc can control the DJI drones.
2017-12-16
Use props
Rmh1120
New
United States

How about Apple AirPods? Anybody tried that?
2017-12-17
Use props
MCurtisMcCoy
lvl.1

United States

This would make the Osmo Mobile 3 SO MUCH BETTER if we could Use a Bluetooth mic or headset for audio while using Active Track on the Osmo Mobile 3! - Still no solution yet?

Also, looking forward to being able to use active track with Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Skype Video Calls, Zoom Calls, IGTV, etc.
2020-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules