Customer Support
1417 22 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4PCommander
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

After wanting to upgrade my P4P Controller with the new HDMI Module with no Success I decided to Contact DJI Support for their help with the issues I was having, after a few emails my issue could not be resolved so they suggested I send the Controller to them. They immediately sent me a shipping label and off to DJI's Repair Center, So far so good DJI and Thank you
2017-12-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, appreciate your comment to our customer service, hope everything keeps going smoothly and you will get it back quickly.
Please let me know if you need any assistance during this process. Thank you.
2017-12-16
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-12-16 18:20
Hello Sir, sorry to know you are experiencing difficulties, appreciate your comment to our customer service, hope everything keeps going smoothly and you will get it back quickly.
Please let me know if you need any assistance during this process. Thank you.

I greatly appreciate your assistance.  I received my remote back today however, I cannot get the firmware on the RC updated.  It is stuck in flashing green/red lights.  DJI Go 4 app won't connect and allow upgrade or  downgrade.  Connecting the RC to pc with newest version of DJI Assistant 2 shows it as UNKNOWN.  How to I finish the RC firmware upgrade so I can fly?!
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-5 19:54
I greatly appreciate your assistance.  I received my remote back today however, I cannot get the firmware on the RC updated.  It is stuck in flashing green/red lights.  DJI Go 4 app won't connect and allow upgrade or  downgrade.  Connecting the RC to pc with newest version of DJI Assistant 2 shows it as UNKNOWN.  How to I finish the RC firmware upgrade so I can fly?!

Hi there, DJI Assistant 2 can't update the firmware of the P4P controller. If the RC keeps flashing green/red light, it can be solved by connecting the RC to the app and update again.  In your case, if the app can not connect to the RC, please try to restart the RC, change another connecting cable and try again. If it doesn't help, try to reset the RC by this way: power on the RC, press C1+C2+shutter, shut the RC down and power it on, then connect the app and check for the update. See if it helps.
2018-1-5
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-5 20:37
Hi there, DJI Assistant 2 can't update the firmware of the P4P controller. If the RC keeps flashing green/red light, it can be solved by connecting the RC to the app and update again.  In your case, if the app can not connect to the RC, please try to restart the RC, change another connecting cable and try again. If it doesn't help, try to reset the RC by this way: power on the RC, press C1+C2+shutter, shut the RC down and power it on, then connect the app and check for the update. See if it helps.

Thanks but I have done those things too.  App won't see the controller at all, not on an Ipad nor on a Samsung tablet.  How else do we force the update?

Update Part 2:

Turns out the controller I just received back with what is supposed to be a working HDMI module, does work, but only with the cover off.  With the cover on, the USB port is NOT making a connection which IS WHY DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant 2 did not see it.

SO DJI, what's the fix now?! You sent me a controller that I can only use with the cover off of the HDMI module which means I still cannot use the HDMI port because it is ON THE COVER.  SO what's the fix!?!??!?!?!?  
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-6 05:35
Thanks but I have done those things too.  App won't see the controller at all, not on an Ipad nor on a Samsung tablet.  How else do we force the update?

Update Part 2:

If so, please check if the module is mounted properly. I suggest that you re-assemble the HDMI module, see if it helps.
2018-1-6
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-6 21:03
If so, please check if the module is mounted properly. I suggest that you re-assemble the HDMI module, see if it helps.

I have done that and that is how I came to the conclusion that it is the MODULE!!  And if you looked through the posts, it appears that this is a common problem, DJI quality control is NOT BEING CHECKED!  This module ONLY WORKS with the cover off which then makes the HDMI port UNUSABLE as it is on the cover!  DJI sent me an untested controller back that DOES NOT WORK as it is supposed to!! But the Support Group claim that they Repaired and Tested the Controller before they shipped to me! Am I missing something here!! I have their emails where they claim it was TESTED AND REPAIRED WHEN iN FACT BOTH THE CONTROLLER AND THE HDMI UNIT WERE NEW AND NOT THE ONES I SENT IN FOR REPAIR!!

Here's a video of another DJI user having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM I AM HAVING!  
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-7 08:53
I have done that and that is how I came to the conclusion that it is the MODULE!!  And if you looked through the posts, it appears that this is a common problem, DJI quality control is NOT BEING CHECKED!  This module ONLY WORKS with the cover off which then makes the HDMI port UNUSABLE as it is on the cover!  DJI sent me an untested controller back that DOES NOT WORK as it is supposed to!! But the Support Group claim that they Repaired and Tested the Controller before they shipped to me! Am I missing something here!! I have their emails where they claim it was TESTED AND REPAIRED WHEN iN FACT BOTH THE CONTROLLER AND THE HDMI UNIT WERE NEW AND NOT THE ONES I SENT IN FOR REPAIR!!

Here's a video of another DJI user having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM I AM HAVING!  https://youtu.be/k2PjlnWCFdA

If it still doesn't work after re-assembling the whole module, I suggest that you send the RC back again, I am really sorry for the mishap and the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Please kindly provide me with the previous case number, I will help to check the details on it and report your situation to the designated team. Hope you can get all the thing worked soon.
2018-1-8
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-8 01:16
If it still doesn't work after re-assembling the whole module, I suggest that you send the RC back again, I am really sorry for the mishap and the trouble you’ve been experiencing. Please kindly provide me with the previous case number, I will help to check the details on it and report your situation to the designated team. Hope you can get all the thing worked soon.

Last Case CAS-1308000-J7G9K3  CRM:0001001391830

Why when you send something in to have repaired, why is the Product not fully functional !! When it is sent back to the Customer, how in the world can they claim it's repaired and has been Tested when ZERO UPDATES THAT ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE IT FUNCTIONAL HAS NOT BEEN DONE!! I am not a child I have been in the Electronics Business for 50 yrs.... None of this makes any rational sense to me or anyone else I have spoke to about my Issue. I have spent Thousands of Dollars with DJI and I expect my products to work as Advertised, nothing more nothing less.

James Kaelin
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-8 04:04
Last Case CAS-1308000-J7G9K3  CRM:0001001391830

Why when you send something in to have repaired, why is the Product not fully functional !! When it is sent back to the Customer, how in the world can they claim it's repaired and has been Tested when ZERO UPDATES THAT ARE REQUIRED TO MAKE IT FUNCTIONAL HAS NOT BEEN DONE!! I am not a child I have been in the Electronics Business for 50 yrs.... None of this makes any rational sense to me or anyone else I have spoke to about my Issue. I have spent Thousands of Dollars with DJI and I expect my products to work as Advertised, nothing more nothing less.

Really sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please kindly send it back again, I had also forwarded your case to the local team to keep attention to your situation. Thank you very much for your patience.
2018-1-9
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-9 00:06
Really sorry for the unpleasant experience. Please kindly send it back again, I had also forwarded your case to the local team to keep attention to your situation. Thank you very much for your patience.

Is there any update on this situation? When I install the hdmi module, the rc unit isn’t recognised at all by the Go4 app. Got a job coming up and desperate to get a feed for a client monitor.

Thanks
2018-2-19
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-9 00:06

My rc model is a GL300F, by the way
2018-2-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrbill Posted at 2018-2-19 11:20
Is there any update on this situation? When I install the hdmi module, the rc unit isn’t recognised at all by the Go4 app. Got a job coming up and desperate to get a feed for a client monitor.

Thanks

Hi there, may I know what's the current version of the RC? Make sure the RC has been updated to the latest version, then install the HDMI module, and update the RC again.
2018-2-19
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-19 22:48
Hi there, may I know what's the current version of the RC? Make sure the RC has been updated to the latest version, then install the HDMI module, and update the RC again.

Thanks for responding. The firmware on both rc and aircraft is the latest available via dji assistant 2 (aircraft) and wi-fi download (rc). The iOS on my ipad mini 4 is the latest 11.2.5.  If I install the hdmi module, the app doesn't see the rc unit at all - hence my inability to upgrade the rc unit firmware. No serial numbers, no firmware id in the app, no nothing. I've managed a workaround if I fly using Litchi, and their Litchi Vue app, which streams the ipad screen to another iOS device via a personal wi-fi hotspot, but I'd much rather be using the GO4 app and feeding a monitor from an hdmi module. I’m doing a paying commercial flight at the weekend, and I can't emphasise how much I hope this gets fixed asap
2018-2-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrbill Posted at 2018-2-20 14:07
Thanks for responding. The firmware on both rc and aircraft is the latest available via dji assistant 2 (aircraft) and wi-fi download (rc). The iOS on my ipad mini 4 is the latest 11.2.5.  If I install the hdmi module, the app doesn't see the rc unit at all - hence my inability to upgrade the rc unit firmware. No serial numbers, no firmware id in the app, no nothing. I've managed a workaround if I fly using Litchi, and their Litchi Vue app, which streams the ipad screen to another iOS device via a personal wi-fi hotspot, but I'd much rather be using the GO4 app and feeding a monitor from an hdmi module. I’m doing a paying commercial flight at the weekend, and I can't emphasise how much I hope this gets fixed asap

Sorry for the late response due to the holiday. The compatibility issue with IOS 11.2.5 has been fixed since DJI GO 4 v4.2.5, please check whether you have this or later version. If still no helps, please kindly upload a short video for further analysis, thanks!
2018-2-27
Use props
djiuser_th07HdESyMnm
New
Flight distance : 169091 ft
United States

I’m having major issues with my mavics camera I just got it replaced and this was the first flight and I was disappointed to find an issue!
2018-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_th07HdESyMnm Posted at 2018-2-27 05:37
I’m having major issues with my mavics camera I just got it replaced and this was the first flight and I was disappointed to find an issue!

We are sorry for your experience with our product, just to clarify, does the replacement have the camera issue or the previous drone had the issue and you have get it replaced?
2018-2-27
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Any update from customer support on the hdmi problem? A good start would be if support could indentify a working combination of firmware revisions...
2018-3-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrbill Posted at 2018-3-4 23:45
Any update from customer support on the hdmi problem? A good start would be if support could indentify a working combination of firmware revisions...

Just to verify, did you read my reply in 15#? Could you upload a short video for double check? We'd like to check the current status.
2018-3-5
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-3-5 01:26
Just to verify, did you read my reply in 15#? Could you upload a short video for double check? We'd like to check the current status.

My DJI retailer has sent the RC and hdmi module to your Dutch service centre. If there's any problem after that, I'll make a video and upload it. Where do I upload to if there's still a problem?
2018-3-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mrbill Posted at 2018-3-5 04:47
My DJI retailer has sent the RC and hdmi module to your Dutch service centre. If there's any problem after that, I'll make a video and upload it. Where do I upload to if there's still a problem?

It is recommended to upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link with us. Regarding the shipping to our service center, is there any case number? We'd like to check the current status and keep follow up.
2018-3-6
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'll find out from my seller
2018-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mrbill Posted at 2018-3-7 13:00
I'll find out from my seller

No problem, please post the case number here if you need any assistance during the repair process, we will do our best to assist.
2018-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules