3831 61 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As for sharpness and day-to-day use - this 180 degree pano was taken only yesterday with my Mavic Pro Platinum over looking the fields of where the War of the Roses took place in Hertfordshire, England in the year 1461 during the battle of St. Albans. This image was taken in 25MPH winds and sub zero temperatures - there is still snow on the ground. If this isn't good enough from a camera the size of a thumb nail and a drone the size of a water bottle then some people are clearly missing the point.  
2017-12-16
Use props
Keepit100
New
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-16 23:45
[view_image]
As for sharpness and day-to-day use - this 180 degree pano was taken only yesterday with my Mavic Pro Platinum over looking the fields of where the War of the Roses took place in Hertfordshire, England in the year 1461 during the battle of St. Albans. This image was taken in 25MPH winds and sub zero temperatures - there is still snow on the ground. If this isn't good enough from a camera the size of a thumb nail and a drone the size of a water bottle then some people are clearly missing the point.

nice photo
2017-12-17
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Germany

my opinion...Mavic is the best portable drone ever i seen..and cannot be on any other category yet..P4 and Inspire are in other categoryes
2017-12-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks! It is easier for some to hold a drone in their hand and say how bad it is than to get out there and show how good it is I guess.
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2017-12-16 23:45
[view_image]
As for sharpness and day-to-day use - this 180 degree pano was taken only yesterday with my Mavic Pro Platinum over looking the fields of where the War of the Roses took place in Hertfordshire, England in the year 1461 during the battle of St. Albans. This image was taken in 25MPH winds and sub zero temperatures - there is still snow on the ground. If this isn't good enough from a camera the size of a thumb nail and a drone the size of a water bottle then some people are clearly missing the point.

Good point nice photo, I’ve seen lot of great work with Mavic much of it on this forum.
2017-12-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-17 02:41
Good point nice photo, I’ve seen lot of great work with Mavic much of it on this forum.

Thanks! It is a great drone.
2017-12-17
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2017-12-16 22:56
Yeah, I've never bought any drone on line again since my first P4P was a DOA and took 4 weeks to be replaced - went without a drone over the whole of Christmas last year. The replacement was brand new and perfect but frustrating at the time was an understatement - especially as my wife just gave birth to our first son so time to get it sorted out was limited to say the least.
I've bought all my drones in person since and Apple do 14 day no questions asked refund policies here in the UK but never thought I'd have to return two defective Mavic's from them including a recently made Alpine White... I returned the third Mavic (another Alpine White) as the Platinum became available from Jessops (an official DJI reseller in London) so bought it there as the previous DOA put me off the Alpine and I liked the idea of a quieter drone.
I am impressed with the Platinum - flown it 9 times now in 2 weeks and no issues at all (other than app crashes but that was due to IOS on my iPhone 7+ and not the drone thankfully).

I don't know why the failure rate is so high, but it is. Probably a combination of huge demand + manufacturing in China where the QC of manufacturing isn't as good? No idea. But once you get a good one, it's usually pretty good forever.

I can only imagine what distributers are going through with all the returns.....
2017-12-17
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5Q
lvl.2

United States

i don’t agree with the guy in the video because he is comparing things outside of target markets.  The Mavic Pro is designed for the traveler in mind.  The phantom series isn’t putting traveling first and foremost.   The video quality on the Mavic Pro is amazingly if you take the time to actually tune your settings across the board.  Again makes no sense you don’t buy a high end DSLR camera and then use auto mode and no filters.  

Also my friend has a P3P and the range on that thing sucks, 1200 feet of distance before it starts reall complaining.  My mavic at same spot will easily shoot all the way out a mile or so before complaining.   The video quality of the P3P was honestly about the same in bright summer weather to the mavic where P3P did a little better was the grey overcast days the mavic tends to crush finer details more.  

Inspire series of drones are the the most serious areal video and photo users and pros...they want something without compromise even if that means needing to use the entire back of your car to carry it Andy it’s accessories.  Type of people who carry best DSRLs and Mirrorless cameras  and backups of each as well with huge 200MM + lens with bayonet mounts..

Phantom series of drones are for more casual-pro shooters.. the type of people who would buy a single mid ranged DSLR or mirrored camera with a moderately long lens for personal use..

Mavic series’s of drones are for the travelers mostly.. for the type of person who would buy a mid ranged mirrorless camera with a smaller landscape lens or just their iPhones for personal use..

Spark series of drones are for the people who could give a crap less and just want a fun drone with fun features... manual and pro controls are not even a thing..  type of person who is ok with an iPhone camera camera for every shoot.  
2017-12-17
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
Flight distance : 668314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely disagree. The Mavic is a perfect all-around drone. It flies perfectly, footage looks very good with minimal adjustment and it's a LOT easier to carry anywhere. I had a Yuneec Typhoon, P3 and P4. The P4 was great, but a pain to carry around and way too long to set-up. Replaced it with the Mavic and it's been perfect on all aspect.
Also got a Spark, and while even easier to carry around, in my opinion, it's just a toy compared to the capabilities of the Mavic.
2017-12-17
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-12-16 17:50
A YouTuber posting "Don't buy the Mavic EVER" in a forum populated mostly by people who like the Mavic can only be done for one reason.

I liked your review of DJI's goggles but could do without the click bait.

Don't bother watching the video and just answer the question like I did. As you pointed out, it's a click-bait to get some views on the video. Just don't bother with that part
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Well Alex posted the video , if he is serious he should have the manners to respond to those who commented on his opinions, if he doesn’t then we know it’s what most here are saying click bait.
2017-12-17
Use props
Alex Assenmache
Second Officer
Flight distance : 216430 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Well guys, I read all your comments and let me answer some:
- first of all, my youtube channel was never my main income and never wanted it to be as I only posted my travel experiences and some footage I took. OUT OF FUN.
- clickbait, losing subscribers... I really think I never cared about that, I have a few videos over 4M views and I managed to understand how they worked. Never expected a video talking 16 min straight about the mavic in my room to get over 10k as not that many people even care about that.
- on my personal channel I will always have the freedom to talk about whatever I want or not.
- now most important, I clearly say it's my PERSONAL OPINION. My personal opinion is created by a series of events and my only experience with drones, no interest of anyone or any brand behind.
- my Mavic never worked properly, always had a gimbal problem which I thought to be normal but I see more of you have had the same problem, so it may be a more common thing.
- I don't know why so many people are quoting my saying that I had it "one year"(maybe I accidentally say it in the video :/ sorry if so), I didn't, I have been only using it since last summer, mainly because of the reason you clearly specify, AND I ALSO MENTION IN THE VIDEO; mavic is great for travelling and if you don't care about image quality.
- I know for lots of people owning a Mavic this video may be trash, I understand it perfectly, if I buy a car and it works good and some a$$ comes talking sh** about it, my reaction would be negative as well.
- However I invite you to do a deep thought on the topic before outraging saying how wrong I am and how well you have the truth. (btw, there are some mavic owners which don't agree and respectfully have had arguments against me politely, which I happily want to answer as I'm doing here).
- If I do compare it with the phantom series, it's because I can get better image quality for more or less the same price. Not apples and oranges.
- I fly quite often by plane (really easy and cheap here in Europe) and the Mavic with 3 batts, charger and everything is not much smaller than my box with the phantom and 3 batts. Everything is handluggage.
- If you watched my video until the end without outraging halfway through the video, I also say that it is NOT A BAD DRONE, just it doesn't fulfill my expectations.
- I do work with companies and sell footage for TV, internet and cinema, and don't really need an inspire (which I also have with x7 and x5s), any phantom does the job, and I can tell you by more than 80% my sold footage is p3p, not even p4.
Finally,my intention with this video and thread was to have a discussion. People that have had only a Mavic and simply argue because they feel offended... what do you want me to tell you, I don't know. I want to have discussions with people owning multiple drones (including the mavic of course), and I'm very happy to have them even if our experiences vary dramatically. That's the good thing about forums, isn't it?
Again, thank you all for the answers, I'm open to keep discussing here about it ! Fly safe
2017-12-17
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

Disagree. I love my mavic -- it has some issues w/ android - but works well with apple.
2017-12-17
Use props
chalde
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alex Assenmache Posted at 2017-12-17 11:10
- first of all, my youtube channel was never my main income and never wanted it to be as I only posted my travel experiences and some footage I took. OUT OF FUN.
- clickbait, losing subscribers... I really think I never cared about that, I have a few videos over 4M views and I managed to understand how they worked. Never expected a video talking 16 min straight about the mavic in my room to get over 10k as not that many people even care about that.

Still personally disagree.
And one point I'll refute, there is no way that your phantom with extra is more convenient that the Mavic with 3 batteries, charger and remote. All those mavic accessories, apart from the charger, fit in the mavic bag they give you with the Fly More Combo. Then you can just hand carry this anywhere, bike with it, ski with it. It's light and small and after a while, you can't even tell you're carrying it around.
Do the same with your P3/4, in a proper backpack and tell me it's not cumbersome and heavy. Ski with it and it's a pain in the butt. I've done it and for this reason alone, I've replaced the P4 with the Mavic.

Picture quality? Never been a real issue for me with Mavic (apart from me using the wrong setting once...)

Maybe your experience with the Mavic has been tainted by the defective units you unfortunately got, but for everything that it does, the Mavic is the perfect bird for me and many others on the forum.

2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

- first of all, my youtube channel was never my main income and never wanted it to be as I only posted my travel experiences and some footage I took. OUT OF FUN.

I think your total dismissal of the Mavic is what got up people’s back, you have had p4p which you were able to review within a very short time and announce it as a great drone, you surely could have done the same with Mavic, but waited almost six months to let us all know that you now after six months think it’s rubbish, why so long? So now you might see why people see that it may just have been click bait a product that is no longer new nothing more to review about it to attract more likes/views so try the shock headline , much better way to get clicks than reviewing something that already has been reviewed to death.
If from a photography point of view you would say not to buy it EVER then your rant would have been better received if you could have explained this.
I’m sure there are many who might agree with you that Camera is substandard for this price drone, these people where not given a chance to agree with you because you rubbished the whole drone and in doing this I believe you were completely wrong.
Yes your entitled to your opinion but so are others and if you find it hard to believe why people would think you were just looking for clicks you need to watch the video again.
2017-12-17
Use props
Alex Assenmache
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-12-17 13:44
I think your total dismissal of the Mavic is what got up people’s back, you have had p4p which you were able to review within a very short time and announce it as a great drone, you surely could have done the same with Mavic, but waited almost six months to let us all know that you now after six months think it’s rubbish, why so long? So now you might see why people see that it may just have been click bait a product that is no longer new nothing more to review about it to attract more likes/views so try the shock headline , much better way to get clicks than reviewing something that already has been reviewed to death.
If from a photography point of view you would say not to buy it EVER then your rant would have been better received if you could have explained this.
I’m sure there are many who might agree with you that Camera is substandard for this price drone, these people where not given a chance to agree with you because you rubbished the whole drone and in doing this I believe you were completely wrong.

I agree with you partly.
Let me sum up how it went for me:
I used the p3p 2 years, then the p4p got into my hands and it just improved everything I had been using up to that point. Better quality, better sensors, better footage, better gimbal, better everything. I tested it for a few weeks (I hope you know that reviewers get products weeks earlier that it was even announced), so I could review it.
The Mavic, I actually got it very late. You said there are tons of reviews out there, well look casually there's not mine anyways cause I never did one. I used the Mavic for a couple of months and just felt like NOTHING but the traveling point (foldable...) had been improved, not only from p4p, but from my old p3p. That said, I waited for the platinum, which just solved a couple of the facts that tired me so much from the mavic, and by the way I also never did an in depth review of it, because I just didn't want to.
And it's funny that you tell me that I should rewatch my video. You. Maybe you can watch it til the end and see that I didn't rubbish the drone, but OK by the time I say it in the video you probably already lost your head.
And also btw I don't find it hard to believe that people believe the title to be clickbaiting (it does look a bit now after all the discussion, I agree), I just said I don't care . Sometimes I don't really understand why people take everything so personal, I'm just talking about a drone which I don't recommend buying because I don't like and I've tried giving many opportunities to win me. Nothing else, what's so bad about it? If you say the Mavic is the best drone ever, OK I have no problem with it I'm happy for you for being happy on what you spend your money. More love dear 007
2017-12-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex - firstly, thank you for coming back on here to at least try to clarify your way of thinking rather than just throw a video like that into this domain and leave it to rot.
The thing is Alex that this forum is monitored, regulated, managed and OWNED by DJI - it's effectively their property designed for those within the DJI community to come and share their experiences, work and learn from each other. It is not, with all due respect, YOUR channel.
This specific section of the forum is for DJI Mavic owners which is undoubtedly the largest percentage of DJI consumers and customers with hundreds of thousands if not millions of very happy Mavic owners on a global scale.
When you throw a video out onto this forum titled "Don't buy the Mavic - EVER" it will obviously pose questions and even fuel anger within this community from the newbie to the serious hobbyist to those who even use the Mavic as part of a commercial operation (perhaps even their prospective customers?) and those feelings of anger are exacerbated further when such a statement comes from a minor YT celeb with tens of thousands of subs/influence in the community.
What I find to be the most discourteous thing here Alex is how you felt it to be appropriate to use DJI's own forum as a platform to promote your YT channel by advising people not to EVER purchase DJI's most commercially successful product. What you have done is no different to walking into DJI's flagship store in HK, stand next to the Mavic section within the store and wear a sign around your neck telling people not to buy the Mavic...
I think it's safe to say that DJI would instruct security to remove you from their premises. The only difference here is that your comments reach a whole community and not just the customers in the store at that time.
If I were a senior executive in DJI I would frankly ban you from this forum. So, with that in mind and perhaps looking at the bigger picture it may be more appropriate for you to at least change the title of this post to perhaps 'my experience with the Mavic' or 'my views on the Mavic one-year later' etc. as opposed to telling people never, ever to buy it based entirely on your own experience without any consideration to the vast numbers who have far more positive experiences with this product than you.
I've flown the Inspire 2 X5S, owned multiple Phantoms, multiple Mavics and the Spark over thousands of miles and flights - the Mavic is, IMPO, the best all round drone ever made... I wouldn't waste my time on here if I thought otherwise.
2017-12-17
Use props
Alex Assenmache
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

A CW Posted at 2017-12-17 14:19
Alex - firstly, thank you for coming back on here to at least try to clarify your way of thinking rather than just throw a video like that into this domain and leave it to rot.
The thing is Alex that this forum is monitored, regulated, managed and OWNED by DJI - it's effectively their property designed for those within the DJI community to come and share their experiences, work and learn from each other. It is not, with all due respect, YOUR channel.
This specific section of the forum is for DJI Mavic owners which is undoubtedly the largest percentage of DJI consumers and customers with hundreds of thousands if not millions of very happy Mavic owners on a global scale.

Ok,
even though I don't agree with all what you say, I understand your point. I opened a discussion and I believe you convinced me here. This is why I like discussions, to learn and exchange arguments. Thanks
2017-12-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex Assenmache Posted at 2017-12-17 14:32
Ok,
even though I don't agree with all what you say, I understand your point. I opened a discussion and I believe you convinced me here. This is why I like discussions, to learn and exchange arguments. Thanks

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas.
Andrew
2017-12-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Alex Assenmache Posted at 2017-12-17 14:15
I agree with you partly.
Let me sum up how it went for me:
I used the p3p 2 years, then the p4p got into my hands and it just improved everything I had been using up to that point. Better quality, better sensors, better footage, better gimbal, better everything. I tested it for a few weeks (I hope you know that reviewers get products weeks earlier that it was even announced), so I could review it.

Thank you for your reply.

If you read my first comment you would also see that I’m not overly happy with the camera on the Mavic considering the price, it is workable falls short of its pro name regarding Camera , but many have had exceptional results between using it as a camera for photography and video platform, although I’m certain to get good results you need to adept at post editing.

Everything else about it as a flying machine distance reliability precision operating in the wind fun to fly and portability are also traits that should be considered when buying a drone and Mavic has all of this in spades

I did watch your video to the end, but the problem came at the beginning DONT BUY THE MAVIC EVER. This made it hard to take your video as anything else other than an attempt to gain more clicks for yourself, which I’m sure has been a success.
So it was making it very difficult for almost everyone to debate the ins and outs of whether to buy the Mavic or not.
People have come to expect you to be reviewing dji products amongst others, this was not a review I now understand but an opinion, which we are entitled to.
Good Luck
2017-12-17
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I don't own other drones besides the mavic and I'm pretty happy with that.
If I had to review it after my first two flight days I'd recommend a buy, although the price is pretty steep.
Gonna give the spark a chance though and have some fun.
2017-12-17
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Click bait is click bait.  I love the P4P, but you’re doing the Mavic a disservice.  Great drone, average camera.  
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules