1927 14 2015-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have a few questions if anybody can answer them:

1. Can the iPad Air 2 be used and will it fit in the controller support?
2. Will Prop Guards from the P2V+ fit on the P3?
3. Can the 4K camera be set to do 1080i 60fps?
4. Will the Autopilot app (IOS) be compatible with the P3 once the SDK is released?

I may have more questions later but that's it for now.

Thanks all,

John
2015-4-16
Use props
lauxchet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 641148 ft
United States

1. yes 2. idk 3.it can be set to 1080p at 60 fps 4. I doubt it a third party has to develop it.
2015-4-16
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

The answer to first three questions is yes. And for the last one, is the Autopilot you mean the Way-Point or GS?
2015-4-17
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

He's referring to this app:
http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilotphantom
2015-4-17
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

yes autopilot app will be supported. They are actively developing it. Follow them on twitter, I emailed in about beta testing, but i'm not sure i want to risk it using a beta version of the app with my new toy.
2015-4-17
Use props
johnlega
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone for the feedback/answers. Great stuff and I'm so glad the AutoPilot app is being worked on.... now: WHEN IS THE P3 SHIPPING?

Thanks again,

John
2015-4-17
Use props
davemex
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-4-17 17:14
The answer to first three questions is yes. And for the last one, is the Autopilot you mean the Way- ...

Came looking for the answer about the prop guards. Was about to start a thread asking about that. Thanks for confirming the P2 prop guards will work. Don't want to break the new toy!
2015-4-17
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

does anyone know if an android app similar to the one above is being worked on?

2015-4-17
Use props
tjrchampion
lvl.2

United Kingdom

raynelang@gmail Posted at 2015-4-18 03:47
does anyone know if an android app similar to the one above is being worked on?

Yes there will be an android app. Supported on what device and what OS I have no idea. I spoke with a fella from auto pilot logic about beta testing, and he asked me which platform I'd be using, so that suggests they are developing an app for both.

I think we all need to get behind this app for sure.
2015-4-17
Use props
NorthernLoop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 300246 ft
United Kingdom

tjrchampion Posted at 2015-4-18 06:17
Yes there will be an android app. Supported on what device and what OS I have no idea. I spoke wit ...

Send us an email if you are interested in beta testing

I just have
2015-4-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We flew the P3 in the cage at NAB and used the P2 prop guards.  $19 is a great deal in my opinion.
2015-4-17
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

I have some questions too!

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-4-18
Use props
acousticguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174419 ft
Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-4-18 10:07
We flew the P3 in the cage at NAB and used the P2 prop guards.  $19 is a great deal in my opinion.

Tahoe_Ed,

Can you please encourage someone to update the website to clearly indicate which accessories are compatible with the P3? I've wasted a lot of time looking for this information including wading through a redicuously long thread on backpack promises. I would rather not have to take video or forum feedback as gospel, especially after seeing this flip-flops. If the website gets updated by DJI then that would provide a clear answer in a logical place for all that require it.

I've pre-ordered a P3 and would like to ensure that I can get compatible accessories with it when it ships, including a compatible backpack. There must be many others in the same boat.

Thanks,
Joe
2015-4-19
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

acousticguy@me. Posted at 2015-4-20 03:34
Tahoe_Ed,

Can you please encourage someone to update the website to clearly indicate which access ...

Joe, The P2 props are not compatible with the P3, different hub.  The P2 prop guards are compatible with the P3.  There is nothing else that is compatible between the two.  I do not know about a backpack option.  DJI has stated the Pro will not have one when they shipped.  That was a recent development which is why there is so much conflicted information out there.  As far as if we will market a backpack or if a third party will offer one, I don't know.
2015-4-19
Use props
Midi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5134951 ft
Germany

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-4-17 17:14
The answer to first three questions is yes. And for the last one, is the Autopilot you mean the Way- ...

Interesting, can you plz confirm that you mean 1080i(nterlaced)?
2015-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules