Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Battries not Charging
3877 36 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans428554e9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 39846 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi,

I bought my self an early Christmas present so when we go away over Christmas i can get some arial video. First i was shocked at how slow DJI shipping was considering all items where in stock and said dispached after 1 (business) day of payment, a week later it shipped after thier Chat confirmed everything was instock and didn't know why it was delayed (mods/admin - i can provide screenshots from Chat if needed).

Well, anyway i finally got it! But both batteries in the box don't work (fly more combo). Both will not charge. I managed to find somebody else with the same issue here's his video on YouTube:

But he never left any commnets or description if or how he fixed the issue. The issue happends if the battery is charging directly from the spark or the charging hub.

Some people have sugguested it's a heat issue, just to remind you these are brand new from the box and not used so they are room tempreture which is currently 20c.

Thanks,
Lee.

2017-12-16
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

Have you left it charging long enough. New batteries need to come out of hibernation mode.
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

jksphoto Posted at 2017-12-16 13:06
Have you left it charging long enough. New batteries need to come out of hibernation mode.

Hi jksphoto, thanks for replying. Yes I've left them plugged in for now 18 hours.

Originally i tried both on the charging hub for like 5 hours, with both doing that combination of lights. So i left one only over night but still the same outcome.
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

But if you got the Fly More Combo you have got the charging hub too. Just search the bag ;-)! It is there (in the front compartment), took me a few minutes too. Place the batteries in there, connect it to the charger and all will be well!
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-16 13:26
But if you got the Fly More Combo you have got the charging hub too. Just search the bag ;-)! It is there (in the front compartment), took me a few minutes too. Place the batteries in there, connect it to the charger and all will be well!

Hi Wachtberger,

If you read above i have done that "The issue happends if the battery is charging directly from the spark or the charging hub".

But i agree - it did take a while to find it
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 13:32
Hi Wachtberger,

If you read above i have done that. But i agree - it did take a while to find it

But where have you connected the charging hub? I hope not in the Micro USB slot, that is not for charging. You have to use the big slot on the other side and connect it to the charger.
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-16 13:34
But where have you connected the charging hub? I hope not in the Micro USB slot, that is not for charging. You have to use the big slot on the other side and connect it to the charger.

It's plugged into the mains power, by the provided plug.
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 13:35

This is really weird then! Check all connections again I would suggest and if it still doesn't work open a support case with DJI. But this would really be the first of it's kind as far as I know, you see me puzzled...
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 13:35

Do you want me to post you a picture with the right setup? Are you using anywhere in your chain the USB cable?
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Thank you, but it's really hard to get wrong ;)

I've uploaded my own video to show the same issue using the charging hub.

Also attached a photo.

If no body else posts today then i'll open a ticket because there support is closed today anyway
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Ok, this looks all perfect and the battery stays like this all the time? If yes, there is no other way than to open a support ticket. Really weird and never before seen. Please accept my sincere apologies if I was too persistent trying to eliminate all possible errors ;-)
2017-12-16
Use props
jksphoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
United Kingdom

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 13:08
Hi jksphoto, thanks for replying. Yes I've left them plugged in for now 18 hours.

Originally i tried both on the charging hub for like 5 hours, with both doing that combination of lights. So i left one only over night but still the same outcome.

I would say you have an issue then, I bought a 4th battery 2 weeks ago, was on the hub for 5 mins, then started charging. Maybe worth the support ticket. That's got to be seriously annoying. Hope you get it sorted asap.
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Yeah, they've stayed like this for the 18 hours. Thank you very much for your help much appreciated. I'll open a ticket
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Not sure of the correct procedure sent an email via the dji.com/support and got a ticket number: 886977

I'll have to go and buy some now as i'm sure they will need to be sent back and replacments sent which probably will not happen before Christmas when i go away, dam it!
2017-12-16
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 14:13
Not sure of the correct procedure sent an email via the dji.com/support and got a ticket number: 886977

I'll have to go and buy some now as i'm sure they will need to be sent back and replacments sent which probably will not happen before Christmas when i go away, dam it!

That looks good so far and on Monday they certainly will come back to you.
2017-12-16
Use props
fans837d086c
New

South Africa

I just got a new battery and it does exactly the same. Two lights flash (as if its charging) four times and then goes off for a few seconds.
2017-12-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fans837d086c Posted at 2017-12-16 20:40
I just got a new battery and it does exactly the same. Two lights flash (as if its charging) four times and then goes off for a few seconds.

Check the firmware of the batteries.
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-16 21:06
Check the firmware of the batteries.

How would i do that?
2017-12-16
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

If your going to say put it in the drone we can't the battery doesn't have a charge to be able to turn the drone on... I've contacted support and they've asked me to send EVERYTHING back, how ridiculous for faulty batteries???? I know they are faulty and the drone is fine because i have another 2 that work (bought seperatly - with the charging station - and yes the batteries do the same using this too)...
2017-12-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 22:37
If your going to say put it in the drone we can't the battery doesn't have a charge to be able to turn the drone on... I've contacted support and they've asked me to send EVERYTHING back, how ridiculous for faulty batteries???? I know they are faulty and the drone is fine because i have another 2 that work (bought seperatly - with the charging station - and yes the batteries do the same using this too)...

Outsch, sorry, I did not realize that there is nothing in it anymore.
And I thought that copmputerconnected and with assistant 2 you may can wake 'em up
And in case you have 2 working batteries, send only the two from the Combo package back.
Actually, my dealer was tellin me about, that in several combos he sold, always one of the batteries was not charging/usable.
So it should be a known thing, @ DJI.
Wasn't there such problem, some time ago, with Mavic combo batteries, too?
2017-12-17
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-17 01:18
Outsch, sorry, I did not realize that there is nothing in it anymore.
And I thought that copmputerconnected and with assistant 2 you may can wake 'em up
And in case you have 2 working batteries, send only the two from the Combo package back.

Not, sure. But i opened a ticked they are accepting them back and will send out new ones, hopefully this will be a speedy process. But not ideal as i needed them over Christmas and definitely won't be getting them before then. So now i have to go and buy another two also.
2017-12-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-17 01:55
Not, sure. But i opened a ticked they are accepting them back and will send out new ones, hopefully this will be a speedy process. But not ideal as i needed them over Christmas and definitely won't be getting them before then. So now i have to go and buy another two also.

Can you buy them in a shop, close by?
This way you can take your charging bay with you and minimum check the charging process.
'My' dealer is always trying to update to the latest firmware via iPhone in his shop.
So no 'dead' battery is leaving there.
2017-12-17
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-17 02:00
Can you buy them in a shop, close by?
This way you can take your charging bay with you and minimum check the charging process.
'My' dealer is always trying to update to the latest firmware via iPhone in his shop.

I don't have a specific Ariel/Photography store, just a general electronics store. I'm off on Holiday tomorrow so i won't have time to go and buy them
2017-12-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-17 01:55
Not, sure. But i opened a ticked they are accepting them back and will send out new ones, hopefully this will be a speedy process. But not ideal as i needed them over Christmas and definitely won't be getting them before then. So now i have to go and buy another two also.

I start to wonder if the charger or the charging hub could be defective and not the batteries?
2017-12-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If charging from a USB port you will need 5 volts and 3 amps  to charge a Spark battery. Not all usb ports are rated at this, most are only 1 or 2.4 amps

It can't be a faulty charger or charging port as the usb charging is also not working, unless they don't have enough amps going through the USB as well, which would be a coincidence.

2017-12-17
Use props
Anuvis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-16 13:32
Hi Wachtberger,

If you read above i have done that "The issue happends if the battery is charging directly from the spark or the charging hub".

Insufficient power current from your charger.....try a stronger charger...
2017-12-17
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Why do people insist on guessing when i've already stated what ways i''ve tried to charge them? If you'd care to read i've tried charging them from the mains power via the supplied hub and also via USB via the Drone powered through the charging brick that came with the charging hub.

The drone nor the charging hub are defective because i have 2 batteries that charge fine via both methods.
2017-12-17
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-17 02:29
I start to wonder if the charger or the charging hub could be defective and not the batteries?

Nope, i have another 2 batteries that work perfectly.
2017-12-17
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Ah ok, but then it is quite obvious that this one battery is defective. So what is the whole story about? Just send it back and claim warranty I would suggest. If you had put out all facts from the outset there never would have been these many attempts to assist you. Gosh!
2017-12-17
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-12-17 12:53
Ah ok, but then it is quite obvious that this one battery is defective. So what is the whole story about? Just send it back and claim warranty I would suggest. If you had put out all facts from the outset there never would have been these many attempts to assist you. Gosh!

Of course i knew they are defective it's clearly obvious, the point of this post was to figure out:

A: What the combination of lights meant as there's no where online that mentions this combination
B: If there was a specific way to "wake" the batteries.
C: if anybody had this issue before and was able to fix it themselves because as i mentioned i need them now not in a few months by the time this is dealt with.

My point wasn't the fact people weren't helping. It was if your going to comment at least read the original post to see what i had already done and not suggest what i've already said or done.

In anycase i have a RMA number and will be sending them back.

Thank you.
2017-12-18
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-18 15:26
Of course i knew they are defective it's clearly obvious, the point of this post was to figure out:

A: What the combination of lights meant as there's no where online that mentions this combination

Hey mate,

Not sure where in Aus you are, or where you are holidaying to, but most jb hifi, harvey norman, domayne and national geographics store should have Spark batteries.

Good luck with your replacements!

Cheers,
Peter
2017-12-18
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

I had this issue with an additional third battery I purchased. Through many rounds of turning it on and off (press once then press and hold) suddenly it decided it wanted to behave. It was really bizarre behavior, and I thought for sure that it was bad, but now it is working just fine like the rest of them.
2017-12-18
Use props
LeeStevens318
lvl.2
  • >>>
New Zealand

Lyons90 Posted at 2017-12-18 15:34
Hey mate,

Not sure where in Aus you are, or where you are holidaying to, but most jb hifi, harvey norman, domayne and national geographics store should have Spark batteries.

Yeah I've bought some from JB, i suppose you can never have enough batteries

Used the ebay 15% off JB vouchers ;)
2017-12-18
Use props
Lyons90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164528 ft
Australia

LeeStevens318 Posted at 2017-12-18 18:01
Yeah I've bought some from JB, i suppose you can never have enough batteries

Used the ebay 15% off JB vouchers ;)

that's the way!
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_pVzOCZc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120361 ft
Australia

A: What the combination of lights meant as there's no where online that mentions this combination

Your patience with Wachtberger with astounding.
2017-12-18
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Sincere apologies should I have gotten something wrong then.
2017-12-18
Use props
djiuser_VVZImV0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20509 ft
United States

I just got my fourth battery and it is doing exactly the same as the issue here. My charger works fine for my other three batteries. The new fourth battery wouldn't charge nor the LEDs ever light up.
2017-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules