Movie length with P3 SE camera
454 2 2017-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Normanby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136601 ft
Australia

This information may be in the manual or tutorials but I haven't found it yet. I notice when making a movie during a flight the recording stops at 9 minutes and 3.8GB, then usually starts another movie straight away without any restart by me. In fact sometimes I don't notice this happening until I see the recording time on the screen. Is this because this is the limit in the camera settings or a function of the mini SD card? I have been recording in movie mode at the highest setting at 24 f/s so would the movie length get longer if I changed the settings to a lower one. I have used two different cards, Sandisk Ultra SDXC 64GB Xc1 C10, Kingston SDXC 64GB Xc1 C10 and both do the same. If I stop recording a movie before 9 minutes then this doesn't happen. Any info welcome.

2017-12-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The system in the aircraft automatically breaks the recording at the 4GB mark, there is no way to stop this. The newer aircraft may start a new file that butts up seamlessly with the previous file, but earlier models always lost some frames. THe original reason for this was due to the limitations of the FAT32 file system, but there was also another reason, any device that recorded past 4GB was classified as a video recorder and attracted a higher duty and tax rate in some places. For this reason, many manufacturers broke the recording in two at the 4GB point to get around this.
2017-12-16
Use props
Normanby
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136601 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-16 20:44
The system in the aircraft automatically breaks the recording at the 4GB mark, there is no way to stop this. The newer aircraft may start a new file that butts up seamlessly with the previous file, but earlier models always lost some frames. THe original reason for this was due to the limitations of the FAT32 file system, but there was also another reason, any device that recorded past 4GB was classified as a video recorder and attracted a higher duty and tax rate in some places. For this reason, many manufacturers broke the recording in two at the 4GB point to get around this.

Thanks for the explanation. Doesn't cause a problem so now I will know why it happens.
2017-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules