Using Follow me on Iphone7 or Ipad
1104 8 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geomet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 366975 ft
United Kingdom

I am trying to get follow me to work for my Inspire1 Pro using DJI go. I use an Iphone 7 or an Ipad. I tried the ipad first but as it does not have a sim card I switched to my iphone 7. I get the aircraft in the air then switch to the flight mode F. find follow me and the command I get back is signal not strong enough. I have watched the DJI video follow me and it tells me to connect the inspire by wifi to my iphone. In settings I do not see the Inspire1 as an option to connect. If anyone can help most appreciated.
2017-12-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I think there may be some confusion here, the "signal" that isn't strong enough would be the GPS signal on your device and/or AC without which you are not going to get follow me to work so you must have GPS enabled on your device and have a strong enough signal.

Mark G.
2017-12-17
Use props
Geomet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The message I was getting was weak GPS signal I assumed it was automatically connected. I have checked the remote control and do not see anywhere to switch GPS on or off.
Is there anywhere on the device I need to check
2017-12-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Geomet Posted at 2017-12-17 08:56
The message I was getting was weak GPS signal I assumed it was automatically connected. I have checked the remote control and do not see anywhere to switch GPS on or off.
Is there anywhere on the device I need to check

It's not on your remote control. What device are you using? I use android devices and use an app called "GPS Status", It not only switches on your devices' GPS when another app calls for GPS but gives you the status of your GPS, how many sats, error etc.

Mark G.
2017-12-17
Use props
Geomet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-12-17 09:34
It's not on your remote control. What device are you using? I use android devices and use an app called "GPS Status", It not only switches on your devices' GPS when another app calls for GPS but gives you the status of your GPS, how many sats, error etc.

Mark G.

I use an iphone7 and can see something like 14 satellites on the top of DJI go. Satellite Icon

When going to f mode it says weak signal so something not linking somewhere. Or should i use another app other than DJI go
2017-12-17
Use props
Geomet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Downloaded GPS Status and tried again. DJI go shows 15-20 sats
flip to f mode follow me and weak signal appears
What am I doing wrong

2017-12-19
Use props
SkyHigh UAV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2838921 ft
Australia

Geomet Posted at 2017-12-19 02:11
Downloaded GPS Status and tried again. DJI go shows 15-20 sats
flip to f mode follow me and weak signal appears
What am I doing wrong

You need to use a device (mobile phone or tablet/ipad) with GPS enabled, this means performance is based on how good the tablet/mobile internal GPS is and how well it can see the sky.

For optimum performance have your tablet or phone out of a case and figure out where it's GPS antenna is and make sure it's got a clear view of the sky.

No GPS No follow me.....or just use Litchi
2017-12-19
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Geomet Posted at 2017-12-17 11:29
I use an iphone7 and can see something like 14 satellites on the top of DJI go. Satellite Icon

When going to f mode it says weak signal so something not linking somewhere. Or should i use another app other than DJI go

The "Go App" is giving you how many satellites the AC is connected to, this is not what we are looking for. We need your I-phone to have a good satellite connection, it is the GPS position of your phone/device that the AC will follow. I hope this makes sense.

Mark G.
2017-12-19
Use props
Geomet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Mark, may not have another chance to check it until I get to France later in the week

Give you an update then
2017-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules