follow me mode on phanto 3 standard not working
3139 12 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dillon Drake
lvl.2

United States

when I turn on follow me mode on with my phantom 3 standard it will look like it is working but when I walk around it won't follow me. it will only turn in my direction. is it supposed to fly with me or just rotate to keep me in the picture? thanks
2017-12-17
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How far did you going? And have you made a clip of that? If you go a small distance then the copter may be turn in to your direction. I did a walk near 50 meters and after 5-6 meters my P3 followed me .
2017-12-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The 'Follow Me'  mode is near to useless. It requires a device on the RC unit that has a very good GPS receiver, as that is how the aircraft knows where you and the RC unit is. What device are you using?
2017-12-17
Use props
Dillon Drake
lvl.2

United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-17 12:42
The 'Follow Me'  mode is near to useless. It requires a device on the RC unit that has a very good GPS receiver, as that is how the aircraft knows where you and the RC unit is. What device are you using?

iPhone 7+ and the Phantom 3 standard
2017-12-18
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

I use a MPQC96i from MPMAN and the copter follows me with 10 - 11 logged satellites. Less than 10 sats it will hover as it has nailed to the place. iPhone generally has a very good GPS receiver,as i know.
2017-12-18
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Yes, the iPhone should be OK. But do not try to use it inside a car though. The iPhone should be able to get a clear view of the sky.

2017-12-18
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Geebax Posted at 2017-12-18 12:53
Yes, the iPhone should be OK. But do not try to use it inside a car though. The iPhone should be able to get a clear view of the sky.

In a cabriolet the phone has a clear sight to the sky. You mean cars with hard roof. In forest is it as in the car too.
2017-12-19
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

indeed ... the car, still far from my drone 7 meters causes a horrible interference ... better move about 15 / 20 meters from car ...., I will not talk about the effect that would have been used inside the car ...
2017-12-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Peterx Posted at 2017-12-19 11:12
In a cabriolet the phone has a clear sight to the sky. You mean cars with hard roof. In forest is it as in the car too.

Yes, the forest will also make it difficult for the phone or tablet to receive the GPS signal. Phones and tablets do not have good GPS signals.
2017-12-19
Use props
AlanHd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

One think to consider is if the phone GPS suddenly decides its half a mile away from its proper position like mine does sometimes, will this put the drone in danger of hitting anything.
2017-12-19
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Germany

Then raise the altitude 5 meters more than the highest point of obstacles. Then you are on the safe side. The car is a real cage of Faraday.
2017-12-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Dillon, please make sure that the Location function has been available for DJI GO app, and according to your description, the app can enter in Follow Mode but only the drone doesn't move, right? Is there an error message on the app? You can try to follow the tutorial below and test again, if it doesn't work, it would be nice if you can provide me with the operating video for a further check, thank you so much.
2017-12-24
Use props
Dano Rogers
New

United States

I'm having the same problem my phantom 3 won't follow me it's never worked and I bought this drone to film me mountain biking but it just won't work and I've been really frustrated trying to figer it out I've tried thousands of times and nothing
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules