4453 8 2017-12-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kern
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78225 ft
United Kingdom

Hi!

The Editor of Dji Go 4 in my iPhone X and iPad Pro only allows me to import ‘Local Photos’, but it doesn’t allow me to import any ‘Local Videos’ - I was able to do it before but recently it has stopped working. When I click import ‘Local Videos’ it just shows nothing on the screen (see below for screenshot).

FYI, all local videos are in 1080p, I had no problem importing them to the Editor before. My Dji Go 4 app version is 4.1.18, both of my iPhone X and iPad Pro are running iOS 11.2.1.  

I have tried reinstalling Dji Go 4 apps but with no luck. Any help would be very much appreciated! Many thanks!

2BCD34BA-0C88-45B5-B0ED-59F7EF69FD4C.jpeg

2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Kern, please help to confirm if you have enabled the iCloud for Photos syncing, if you have, please try to disable it and check the app again. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-12-19
Use props
Kern
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-19 05:09
Hi Kern, please help to confirm if you have enabled the iCloud for Photos syncing, if you have, please try to disable it and check the app again. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Hi Dji Thor,

Many thanks for your reply, really appreciate that!
2017-12-19
Use props
Kern
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi Dji Thor,

Yes, I have iCloud sync On in both of my iPhone X and iPad Pro. I don’t want to switch the iCloud sycn Off to check if this works, as switching iCloud Off would force me to download all my photos/videos to my iphone - which is impossible as the are too many for the capacity of the phone, which then means it would remove most of them from my iphone. Of course I could re-sync them back from the iCloud, but it would take some time as too many of them...

Strange thing is, even with iCloud On, the editor allows me to import ‘Local Photos’, but not ‘Local Videos’. Yesterday I upgraded the Dji Go4 app to version 4.1.20, I still cannot see any of mylocal video files via importing ‘Local Videos’ under ‘Album’. However, if I go to ‘Create’, and choose any of the 3 editing options (e.g. ‘Make Movie AutoEdit’), and then click ‘Local’, now I can see the local videos files BUT it still doesn’t  allow me to import with a message : “Importing files from iCloud is currently not available. Please download to your album, then try importing.” As per your speculation, looks like the iCloud sync stops me from importing local videos.

The point is, I had the same iCloud setting before in my iPhone and iPad, I had no issue of importing local videos via the Editor of Dji Go 4 app. It looks like somehow the latest version of the app has stopped this function. It is definitely not iPhone X incompatability as my iPad Pro suffers the same issue. I believe most iOS users would use iCloud sync due to limited space in their device, hence it would not be practical to only allow importing locally saved videos files. Also, many other video editing apps that I used don’t have this limitation.
I really like the Editor and frustrated for not being able to use them to edit my Mavic Pro footage. Please investigate and reverse the app back to how it (should) worked previously.

Many thanks!
Kern
2017-12-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kern Posted at 2017-12-19 17:03
Hi Dji Thor,

Hi Kern, it is because the editor would filtrate the videos which have synced to iCloud. Our engineers mentioned that they will have this optimized in the future. So please kindly pay attention to the update. Thank you for your report.
2017-12-20
Use props
covellej4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32277 ft
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-20 01:10
Hi Kern, it is because the editor would filtrate the videos which have synced to iCloud. Our engineers mentioned that they will have this optimized in the future. So please kindly pay attention to the update. Thank you for your report.

Any workarounds for this issue?
2017-12-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

covellej4 Posted at 2017-12-23 16:21
Any workarounds for this issue?

At present, maybe you can refer to my answer on 2#, disable it if it is possible, then the video will exist. Thank you.
2017-12-25
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-20 01:10

Any news on when Dji Go 4 will stop filtering out videos that are in iCloud? It’s very frustrating!
2018-3-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-3-21 12:07
Any news on when Dji Go 4 will stop filtering out videos that are in iCloud? It’s very frustrating!

I am terribly sorry for the late reply. However, for the case that the app filtering the iCloud, I don't have the relative news about it. You might still need to switch off this option when needed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules